Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1537 1538 [1539] 1540 1541 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489645 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23070 on: October 08, 2015, 11:03:20 pm »

ones you don't attack for trying to help you?
seriously, your impending friendly fire incident is incredibly dumb.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23071 on: October 08, 2015, 11:12:40 pm »

If she dies from bad rolls im more likely to be fine with it meaning on mission or on ship if spectacular enough still gonna play her as often as i can....any ideas for helping abigail survive stats wise or recommended teammates that would work well with her?

That Henk guy seems pretty cool.

Total Domination is still wandering around, right?

Whoah, yeah he is. Wonder when he'll show up :p

I think PW is reserving TD for players that really deserve it.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23072 on: October 08, 2015, 11:16:01 pm »

IC she's a scared, mentally unstable kid, and you're backing her into a corner. Do you really think she's going to react well?

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23073 on: October 08, 2015, 11:18:42 pm »

Eh im saying i won't be able to post as much but im still able to post a lot im in 3 or 4 other games and have no trouble please don't kill abigail from that kinda assumption
Ayyyyyyyyyy buddy we wouldn't kill you!
Total Domination would!
Yeah dw we're just lampshading the annoying tendency of foolish and frivolous amp use to end badly. We didn't doom you, you doomed yourself by buying a mass-murder amp.

Stats wise, idk. End is good for not dying when you're hit, Dex for not getting hit, Intu and Fate will probably also be useful in keeping you alive. I'd say boost those in that order. If you already have bonuses to some of those, skip them, if you have a penalty to dex, fix it first. Str, Cha, and Mind seem more situational, though what with you using amps you probably want Mind as well. If you already have points in that though, then that can wait for later.

Uhh skills... Well, your primary weapon skill is important so you don't kill yourself, Aux is generally quite useful, Med as well, Handi and Gen. Know. possibly. As long as those last two aren't bad, you could just leave them at 0 and they won't be liabilities. So I guess, if you want to focus on one weapon type, the others could be dump stats. But they might always come in handy some day, so you never know. Personally, if you already have some initial levels in one weapon skill (again, don't have your sheet), just leave it for a few missions, spread the points. That's what I'll probably do, makes me less likely to die and all. Probably. I can't say from experience, only from reading a lot of the missions and fiddling with the character creator a lot (yay for paris!).

Teammates, idk, you can't usually choose who you're on a mission with. You simply have to avoid doing anything stupid, try and make plans or listen to characters who make good plans, etc. If your character goes through some character development and becomes a pragmatic soldier that works well with other people, then you're more likely to end up being taken along with the competent, because you'd be recognized as competent yourself.

In other words, you're already screwed.

You're quite RP-focused which is great, so maybe Abby will have her moment to shine, get some character development, perhaps get a chance to grow older by doing a long-term mission or something, escape puberty, become more stable, etc. Or maybe she'll die a fiery death, cat-poison paralyzing her body, putting her into a panicky state, which never bodes well for amp use, oh no...

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23074 on: October 08, 2015, 11:28:22 pm »

IC she's a scared, mentally unstable kid, and you're backing her into a corner. Do you really think she's going to react well?
Exactly she doesn't have -1 mind for no reason plus this is really rather surreal for her lived on a volcanic planet she has never even really seen space shes seen some stars when they shine through the ash atmosphere...by the way you got my less insane charcter idea my other one was what happens when you do manual labor let's just say he would hace looked like a monstrosity and would have been a crazed charred cyborg who slaughterd everyone abord a supplie ship and rode it into space ill make him my next character
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23075 on: October 08, 2015, 11:29:11 pm »

it's not actually dangerous venom, it's painkillers and a coag booster. and if you want to run a panicky confused character then please stay confused long enough to not install the murder-your-teammates-amp until after you get your head together.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:49:35 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23076 on: October 08, 2015, 11:32:12 pm »

Abigails stats:Stat Levels
Name   Points   Initial   Total
Strength   0   0   -1   -1
Dexterity   0   0   -1   -1
Endurance   0   0   -1   -1
Charisma   0   0   +1   +1
Mind   0   0   -1   -1
Fate   0   0   +1   +1
Intuition   0   0   +1   +1
Str   Strength   -1   0   0
Dex   Dexterity   -1   0   0
End   Endurance   -1   0   0
Cha   Charisma   1   0   0
Mind   Mind   -1   0   0
Fate   Fate   1   0   0
Intu   Intuition   1   0   0
Skill Levels
Name   Points   Initial   Total
Handiwork   0   0   0   0
Conventional   0   0   -1   -1
Unconventional   0   0   -1   -1
Exotic   0   0   +1   +1
Auxiliary   0   0   0   0
Medical   0   0   +1   +1
Gen.Knowledge   0   0   0   0
Hand   Handiwork   0   0   0
Con   Conventional   -1   0   0
Uncon   Unconventional   -1   0   0
Exo   Exotic   1   0   0
Aux   Auxiliary   0   0   0
Med   Medical   1   0   0
Gen   Gen.Knowledge   0   0   0
All of these stats i assigned becuase of background and personality now how can i make some kind of build that can help her survive?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23077 on: October 08, 2015, 11:35:53 pm »

Well, I mean, you can't change your stats and skills now, and I imagine you spent your tokens already. Have to wait until you have levelups and money to spend.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23078 on: October 08, 2015, 11:36:46 pm »

Just asking for advice for the future not right now ps she grabbed an amp and she has 2 tokens left

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23079 on: October 08, 2015, 11:40:20 pm »

Well, I mean, you can't change your stats and skills now, and I imagine you spent your tokens already. Have to wait until you have levelups and money to spend.
wrong, you cant change your stats once you've gone on mission or otherwise left the ship.
retcon is still on the table.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23080 on: October 08, 2015, 11:45:01 pm »

With her current stats i can deal with a mission and then upgrade her endurance or dex but she has good fate so that should hopefully save her if she can't convince someone to protect or watchbout for and then shes gonnah melt it and add it to the collection if screams that fill her dreams

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23081 on: October 08, 2015, 11:46:46 pm »

Might wanna edit that a bit, you seem to have duplicated every stat/skill, and it threw me off :p

So you already have +1 fate and intu, that's nice. Sadly you have -1 dex and end, but you have to have maluses somewhere to get those bonuses.

Abby also has -1 mind and an amp she's not afraid to use. Yyyyyyyep. I hope M24 starts soon :p

With your weapon skill being exo, and being neither brainy (for amps) nor even minimally physically fit (for hot tentacle action), I think you'll have to rely on being lucky. And luck is a cruel mistress.

Edit: Wait, retcon is still on the table? I find myself wishing I didn't take so many maluses, though at the same time I'm quite ambivalent about mashing the retcon button. Then again, I retconned my background, so in for a penny, in for a pound!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:51:35 pm by Moopli »

Nunzillor

« Reply #23082 on: October 08, 2015, 11:52:51 pm »

If I were you, Abstract, I would change mind to at least 1.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23083 on: October 08, 2015, 11:55:16 pm »

Yeah but luck has always been rather kind to abigail she'd be a mindless lumbering braindead oaf otherwise though it certainly does not help ones sanity

Might try and make her a fate ace so incredibly lucky that everything goes her way but that's planning for after she gets her dex and endurance to 0 and her mind also

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23084 on: October 08, 2015, 11:55:30 pm »

If I were you, I would change mind to at least 1.
Suppose you could, if you can still revise. I'd suggest just taking a step back and figuring out what you want to do, since it seems you just threw points around without really having a "build" or a goal. Think about what kind of character you want, then try to put together stats that fit it.

It's a lot easier for others to give feedback on your stats if we know what you're aiming for, but we certainly can't know before you know! You know?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 1537 1538 [1539] 1540 1541 ... 2205