Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1535 1536 [1537] 1538 1539 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490220 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23040 on: October 08, 2015, 12:55:25 pm »

They're a sect originating from the lowest level. They believe in a sort of inverted sin; the idea that only in the most debauched, violent or sacrilegious acts is someone truly free and sinless. They hold no true power structure because they believe that, when they begin their worship, there are no such things as master or leaders. They kill others, each other, themselves. Using them would require guile and subterfuge, not diplomacy. We would need to steer their actions via actions of our own.
Hey! Steve didn't tell us there was another HMRC team on the planet!
Alternatively: Hey! I bet it's May reincarnated as a god! That or where Faith goes when she pretends to be comatose.
Alternatively: Hey, a Slaanesh cult! Let's go have some fun!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23041 on: October 08, 2015, 01:00:19 pm »

I'm letting my pose skeleton hold the black die when I'm not using it.

I used it today.
I haven't been keeping up with the threads until I can do stuff on-ship; who's getting murdered?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #23042 on: October 08, 2015, 01:01:17 pm »

I used it today.

Here's to hoping it was actually that one roll in Infinite Heavens today where Xan attempted Teh Magics.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23043 on: October 08, 2015, 01:02:31 pm »

I used it today.
I haven't been keeping up with the threads until I can do stuff on-ship; who's getting murdered?

Likely all of Mission 21, since I bet that was the roll to see if they got the hell off the planet in time :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23044 on: October 08, 2015, 01:06:44 pm »

They're a sect originating from the lowest level. They believe in a sort of inverted sin; the idea that only in the most debauched, violent or sacrilegious acts is someone truly free and sinless. They hold no true power structure because they believe that, when they begin their worship, there are no such things as master or leaders. They kill others, each other, themselves. Using them would require guile and subterfuge, not diplomacy. We would need to steer their actions via actions of our own.
Hey! Steve didn't tell us there was another HMRC team on the planet!
Alternatively: Hey! I bet it's May reincarnated as a god! That or where Faith goes when she pretends to be comatose.
Alternatively: Hey, a Slaanesh cult! Let's go have some fun!

"Mister President..."
"We have no other choice, the cult is already too powerful to be stopped by conventional means. We must contact the HMRC.
Tell them to send in the inmate "F-VALENTINE", and may God help us all..."
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #23045 on: October 08, 2015, 01:10:00 pm »

Just posting to say: I'm still here.

I'm mostly just waiting for M24 to start.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23046 on: October 08, 2015, 01:10:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@Nunzillor: Eddie was very confused by Root's suggested age, and you probably wanted to call BS on his backstory, so one PM conversation with PW later and I've retconned his backstory into something less impossible but more interesting

I used it today.

Likely all of Mission 21, since I bet that was the roll to see if they got the hell off the planet in time :P

Or it could be Abby, the very unstable, very excitable girl who decided to try and use an amp on-ship, and apparently thinks she stands a chance at not overshooting.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:12:50 pm by Moopli »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23047 on: October 08, 2015, 01:13:07 pm »

Ah, I see spontaneous wiki editing. Good!

Well, M21 isn't over yet. Who decided to not fly away from the planet itself?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:16:53 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23048 on: October 08, 2015, 01:26:04 pm »

Well, Piecewise's cult is looking fairly interesting. Quite High Rise, actually, was there a hint of Ballard in the conception, oh Skeletal GM deity?
No idea what you're talking about, so probably not.
Damn, I strike out again. If anyone's interested, it's quite a powerful, involving novel about a high-rise building that slowly descends into an anarchic orgy of schizoses, cannibalism and murder. But that's out, so my current bets are on an anarchic orgy of schizoses, cannibalism and murder. But I felt the similarities, just on a grander scale with ER.
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23049 on: October 08, 2015, 01:32:16 pm »

I did. Specifically the pilot had no specific instructions besides "fly away".

If you flew up or at an angle, you either wouldn't have made it far enough away, or you wouldn't have had enough space and planet between you and the blast to shield you from the effects. Do you really want to be up in that sky?  The shuttle can't reach orbit in the two minutes or so you had; so you would have been weird matter soup.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23050 on: October 08, 2015, 01:39:50 pm »

Shhh. Whatever happens to us on a roll of [5] on the black die is the best possible outcome that could have happened to us in that situation. It is not up to us to question it.  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23051 on: October 08, 2015, 01:52:47 pm »

I get the feeling that Aux roll was the normal, public die.  The Other Roll was likely made with the secret "Black Die" only spoken of in hushed tones.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23052 on: October 08, 2015, 01:53:27 pm »

I did. Specifically the pilot had no specific instructions besides "fly away".

If you flew up or at an angle, you either wouldn't have made it far enough away, or you wouldn't have had enough space and planet between you and the blast to shield you from the effects. Do you really want to be up in that sky?  The shuttle can't reach orbit in the two minutes or so you had; so you would have been weird matter soup.

I would have been totally fine with that outcome. But then I wouldn't have change to use the question coupon...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23053 on: October 08, 2015, 01:56:05 pm »

I get the feeling that Aux roll was the normal, public die.  The Other Roll was likely made with the secret "Black Die" only spoken of in hushed tones.
I'm just happy we didn't go splat. I won't question exactly how it came to be, and just silently thank my +2 fate.

Nunzillor

« Reply #23054 on: October 08, 2015, 02:32:26 pm »

@Moopli Ah, okay.  I'll take a look at your backstory and reply later, possibly when the mission starts.  I'm not a great role player so I'll have to think it over.
Pages: 1 ... 1535 1536 [1537] 1538 1539 ... 2205