Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1534 1535 [1536] 1537 1538 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490796 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23025 on: October 07, 2015, 11:11:24 pm »

Abigail is not gonnah enjoy this Halloween well assuming she dosent melt herself
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23026 on: October 07, 2015, 11:11:56 pm »

Oh yeah, good catch. Halloween events happen every year so we should expect some rather dangerous shenanigans in a few weeks.
Oh good, I'll be off ship. Last Halloween event cost me my shapeshifting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23027 on: October 07, 2015, 11:32:30 pm »

I think im gonnah throw her on a mission when halloween starts getting rather close

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23028 on: October 08, 2015, 01:05:23 am »

in every non halliween event overload situation that ive seen on ship steve has shocked the amper into submission to protect the ship.

also considering piecewise is trying to start M24 he is likely to pre-emptively shock you yo simply maintain his timetable.

Did he also shock Jim when he went on his "kill that guy with drone who is looking me funnily" rampage?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23029 on: October 08, 2015, 01:13:50 am »

in every non halliween event overload situation that ive seen on ship steve has shocked the amper into submission to protect the ship.

also considering piecewise is trying to start M24 he is likely to pre-emptively shock you yo simply maintain his timetable.

Did he also shock Jim when he went on his "kill that guy with drone who is looking me funnily" rampage?
He didn't that one time, though I do recall every time Xan overloaded he got shocked.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #23030 on: October 08, 2015, 01:28:01 am »

I think I made it clear enough that Vladimir has put some distance between him and Abigail by the time she attempts to use an amp.
*sigh*
Like she didn't even listen to what he said to her.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23031 on: October 08, 2015, 07:24:53 am »

Do Halloween events happen every year? More specifically, on a scale of 1-10, how ludicrously dangerous should I expect the ship to become in a few weeks?
6+1d4, I believe. It's a really excellent incentive to go on a mission or just somewhere else during this time. Then again, then you'd miss on all the cool events...  :P

Speaking of (relatively) uncommon dice, I've been extensively thinking lately of an RtD where you play ER. Yes, inside said RtD. (Hello, RtRtD! No, this isn't your long lost sister. This might be your nephew or second cousin, though.) Using the fancy "happiness" and "RL" stats that have been invented earlier in this thread, among things.
Would this be of interest to anyone, and if yes, does it belong to this (sub)board or RtD board? (Does this sound interesting, or maybe it has already been done to death?.. Etc. I'm afraid I haven't been closely following trends of RtDs around here last few years.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23032 on: October 08, 2015, 08:35:12 am »

Anigail heard you she just doesn't trust you

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23033 on: October 08, 2015, 09:02:20 am »

Will there be a common sense stat?

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23034 on: October 08, 2015, 09:50:21 am »

I wonder if Abby can spend a few weeks charging her attack, DBZ-style?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV_1W9Gh4NY

Will there be a common sense stat?
That's a brilliant idea. Woe betide players who use it as a dump stat. There could also be a stat to signify, say, skill at RP. A character with poor RP would make their character say things like "I don't know what that is, but I'm gonna roll intuition to find out" or "May the force be with you, Spock Squarepants" when that has absolutely nothing to do with the game.

How would you model the GM? Would each person have a hidden stat for GM frustration, rising with frivolous tinker use, playing with amps on ship, etc, and increasing the chances at catastrophic gory permadeath?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23035 on: October 08, 2015, 09:53:04 am »

There's General Knowledge, which is sorta the same thing. Didn't Xan pop the helmet off his spacesuit so he could use the air inside to propel himself through space, and he promptly died?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23036 on: October 08, 2015, 10:01:04 am »

Yeah, but General Knowledge is a character stat. Common Sense is a player meta-stat.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23037 on: October 08, 2015, 12:18:44 pm »

How would you model the GM? Would each person have a hidden stat for GM frustration, rising with frivolous tinker use, playing with amps on ship, etc, and increasing the chances at catastrophic gory permadeath?

Well, to be honest, I was thinking along the lines of outsourcing "roleplaying" of Piecewise the GM to a different suggestion/minimalist RtD game. Because everyone deserves a chance at being the evil overlord with fetish for mangling limbs and deep-seated loathing for inventors, right?

Yeah, but General Knowledge is a character stat. Common Sense is a player meta-stat.

I wanted to include a "Competence"(Ingenuity?) player meta-stat. (Which would also be rolled for Tinker - if Tinker gets into the game.) Does that fit the bill?

There's General Knowledge, which is sorta the same thing. Didn't Xan pop the helmet off his spacesuit so he could use the air inside to propel himself through space, and he promptly died?

... Then again, some ER scenes are too iconic not to include some sort of General Knowledge stat just to allow such hilarious deaths like this. Hmmm.

I should say that I was thinking of basing the game around ER 1st edition, the land of epic overshoots and failures. I think the lack of Gen.Knowledge then was mostly simulated with the [1] and [6] rolls, wasn't it?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23038 on: October 08, 2015, 12:29:13 pm »

Well, Piecewise's cult is looking fairly interesting. Quite High Rise, actually, was there a hint of Ballard in the conception, oh Skeletal GM deity?
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23039 on: October 08, 2015, 12:54:42 pm »

Well, Piecewise's cult is looking fairly interesting. Quite High Rise, actually, was there a hint of Ballard in the conception, oh Skeletal GM deity?
No idea what you're talking about, so probably not.

I'm letting my pose skeleton hold the black die when I'm not using it.

I used it today.

Pages: 1 ... 1534 1535 [1536] 1537 1538 ... 2205