Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1509 1510 [1511] 1512 1513 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489600 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22650 on: September 29, 2015, 02:59:57 am »

You'd be surprised how just many things miyamoto/radio has no authority over, and no right to have the authority over, that he ends up weaseling his way into controlling.

basically your screwed, but ill help you steal shit from him to put him in his place if it comes to that.

My reasoning is very simple. Miyamoto is a military leader. M21 is scientific survey mission, fully and completely organized by Hephaestus. Steve and Miya didn't have anything to do with it. While Miya stands higher in hierarchy than Heph people, it's absolutely not his place to manage payments for this mission. He got bigger things to worry about.

We'll cross that bridge when it the time comes. Just be around when/if he does that.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22651 on: September 29, 2015, 03:24:54 am »

Actually, I admire Ulrich's/Aoshima's position from RP view. It's self-consistent (i.e. fully IC), reasonable (i.e. not selectively blind for no stated reason), and rational (there was behind-the-scenes cost-benefit analysis, and short-term benefits (potentially more tokens) were discarded in favor of long-term benefits (living to see the tokens spent) ). It's nothing short of admirable as far as OOC view goes.

And yeah, it was a Hephaestus research mission, so Maurice is your main employer here, with Anton (very unlikely) or Steve (much more likely) stepping up for debrief and payment should Maurice die. And yeah, technically, even though Gen.Miyamoto stands higher in hierarchy than any Heph Administrator, as a whole they answer to Steve, not the board of Generals. One could even say that Hephaestus staff is a different branch of power within the ARM itself.  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22652 on: September 29, 2015, 03:28:11 am »

RP dogpile on Lars ho!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22653 on: September 29, 2015, 03:35:44 am »

RP dogpile on Lars ho!
Quick, see if you can sneak in stealing his tokens as an action without him noticing!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22654 on: September 29, 2015, 03:37:28 am »

RP dogpile on Lars ho!
Nobody can resist the pickled preacher.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22655 on: September 29, 2015, 03:41:18 am »

Scare the newbies!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22656 on: September 29, 2015, 03:43:20 am »

RP dogpile on Lars ho!
Quick, see if you can sneak in stealing his tokens as an action without him noticing!
See thing is with my -1 dex I don't think I can do that, and the -1 cha that I'm RPing makes it really hazardous for Xan to be in any confrontations right now, since he thinks he knows how to do talking but he really doesn't. I need to maintain the trust of people for the time being.
Which means listening to him preach about gods that Xan doesn't believe in and he'd much rather worship himself or the Doc if given a choice.

Scare the newbies!
Of course this is a thing that's going to happen.
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22657 on: September 29, 2015, 03:45:06 am »

Just making a joke, buddy.
Speaking of, do you method act when playing out your characters?
Alan help.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22658 on: September 29, 2015, 03:48:17 am »

Just making a joke, buddy.
Speaking of, do you method act when playing out your characters?
As you can probably tell from that huge sprawl of Xan thought process from an innocuous joke suggestion, yeah I do tend to do that. I find it tends to create a more authentic experience if I can effectively consider the character's viewpoint from inside my own mind. Parisbre can probably attest to this method's effectiveness - just ask him about Alan.

Funnily enough this means a lot of the random boasting I do about the mysterious plans I have for the future are somewhat Xan talking through me.
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22659 on: September 29, 2015, 06:28:19 am »

Suit reactors can be overloaded and used as mininukes? Sweet! From now one no one throw away any suits so we can harvest them for bombs.

Yeah, that seems like a thing that would have come in handy quite some times before.

I.. Do kinda wonder how that works though. I was always told (IRL) that fusion reactors (the kind our suits use, I thought) were very stable and, in case of bad shit, wouldn't really cause that much damage, just fizzle out. And these things are small, so there's not even a lot of hot plasma to escape and do damage.

I mean, fusion nukes like hydrogen bombs are bad, but they need a goddamn fission nuke going of next to the fuel to create the circumstances for quick explody fusion.

EDIT: now with sources:
Quote from: wikipedia on fusion reactors
There is also no risk of a runaway reaction in a fusion reactor. The plasma is burnt at optimal conditions, and any significant change will render it unable to react or to produce excess heat. In fusion reactors the reaction process is so delicate that this level of safety is inherent; no elaborate failsafe mechanism is required. Although the plasma in a fusion power plant will have a volume of 1000 cubic meters or more, the density of the plasma is extremely low, and the total amount of fusion fuel in the vessel is very small, typically a few grams.[167] If the fuel supply is closed, the reaction stops within seconds. In comparison, a fission reactor is typically loaded with enough fuel for several years, and no additional fuel is necessary to keep the reaction going.[168]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 06:41:43 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22660 on: September 29, 2015, 06:35:18 am »

Eh, there is Piecewise and his limits on advanced physics, whatcha gonna do, I guess.
Alan help.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22661 on: September 29, 2015, 06:40:39 am »

Eh, there is Piecewise and his limits on advanced physics, whatcha gonna do, I guess.

Well, it'd be sorta cool if the idea was the result of a hidden, and failed, roll. Meaning that nothing would happen, and the scary alien god isn't stopped. Not good for the characters, unfortunately, but interestig for the game.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22662 on: September 29, 2015, 06:42:15 am »

I don't know, maybe there is a small amount of antimatter in it to initiate fusion? Or maybe it uses some sort of cold fusion reaction that can turn runaway if some safeguards are removed?

Although, the more likely cause is the universe's answer to everything. You know, because piecewise asked what kind of artifacts he was carrying at the moment, it is likely he could use one of those combined with the strange physics inside the sphere, where how things look and what they are is different, to turn a simple generator into a powerful bomb. And because he used intuition and rolled a 6, he might have been able to get "inspired" into creating something he doesn't know exactly how it works. And because he has -1 intuition, that means that the result is a danger to him and everyone around him.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22663 on: September 29, 2015, 06:53:01 am »

And then there's Potion #18.
Old sigs.
Games.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22664 on: September 29, 2015, 07:02:34 am »

Actually, thinking about it, how much energy would a battlesuit really drain? Some strong servos, cameras, speakers...
Can't be much more than the peak energy drain of a Gauss rifle.
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 1509 1510 [1511] 1512 1513 ... 2205