Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1505 1506 [1507] 1508 1509 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490106 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22590 on: September 27, 2015, 02:30:51 pm »

That would be fresh.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22591 on: September 27, 2015, 02:34:35 pm »

I thought they were in, like, cryofrozen whatever.  Certainly the "goop" supports that idea.
I can certainly fix that, though.
Either way, the scene from the opening of Portal 2 comes to mind.
4400 - 4700: Modern era during which most, if not all HMRC convicts on board were collected
4500: Last time Paracelsus' Sword docked and took on new convicts.
From the wiki.

E:Augh what happened to the formatting.
E2: Cleared that up.

E3: Right.
E3.5: But then...How did HMRC convicts get on board after 4500?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:43:32 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22592 on: September 27, 2015, 02:52:24 pm »

They didn't. They were in cold storage from there on in, unpacked periodically whenever the previous crop met their grisly ends.

ARM volunteers, though, seem to be getting picked up from Hephaestus and occasionally shuttled in via supply routes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22593 on: September 27, 2015, 02:56:02 pm »

They didn't. They were in cold storage from there on in, unpacked periodically whenever the previous crop met their grisly ends.

ARM volunteers, though, seem to be getting picked up from Hephaestus and occasionally shuttled in via supply routes.
No, but seriously, those aren't the words used.
"collected" implies "from an outside source".
Alternatively, he was unscrupulously recruited while inadvertently drunk?  Eh.  I can make this work, or I can just say screw it and leave the field blank, I suppose, but I really do want to make the "actually not supposed to be here" thing happen.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:58:45 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22594 on: September 27, 2015, 03:04:46 pm »

You can put anything you want in there, and it'll just be explained as you being crazy.  :P

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22595 on: September 27, 2015, 03:06:34 pm »

Stasis dementia is the basis for most on-ship actions. How would we metagame otherwise :P?
One wheel short of a wagon

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22596 on: September 27, 2015, 03:08:59 pm »

Alternatively, he was unscrupulously recruited while inadvertently drunk?  Eh.  I can make this work, or I can just say screw it and leave the field blank, I suppose, but I really do want to make the "actually not supposed to be here" thing happen.

Ah, I see the issue.

It may simply mean that other HMRC prison ships (since there are quite a few) were landing during the next two centuries, while the PS was not. So you'd be from the earlier bits of the modern era rather than the later ones, not that it matters on account of schizo tech combined with technological stasis.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22597 on: September 27, 2015, 03:11:53 pm »

I think you guys might be overestimating both the scope of this game and the depths of my skill with this program.

Not helped by the fact that now the program won't even launch and it freezes steam when I try...
Nah. I never expected you to make this. I am saying I want it done. By someone.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22598 on: September 27, 2015, 03:12:45 pm »

Ah, I see the issue.

It may simply mean that other HMRC prison ships (since there are quite a few) were landing during the next two centuries, while the PS was not. So you'd be from the earlier bits of the modern era rather than the later ones, not that it matters on account of schizo tech combined with technological stasis.
Yeah, pretty much.  Or rather, isn't Steve the master control center of the HMRC back then?  I mean, he obviously has more than one ship?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:57:52 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22599 on: September 27, 2015, 06:19:18 pm »

Well, at the time it wasn't known (supposedly, Steve was the brain of Paracelsus Sword vessel specifically), but yeah, he's the mastermind behind all the HMRC ships. We just don't have any concrete information about other ships at all (other than that they supposedly exist somewhere), AFAIK.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22600 on: September 27, 2015, 06:24:17 pm »

Well, at the time it wasn't known (supposedly, Steve was the brain of Paracelsus Sword vessel specifically), but yeah, he's the mastermind behind all the HMRC ships. We just don't have any concrete information about other ships at all (other than that they supposedly exist somewhere), AFAIK.
I suppose I shall just...Take advantage of the lack of information and say that I was sort of just...Floating about in stasis on one of those.
Sigtext

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22601 on: September 27, 2015, 07:10:15 pm »

I suppose I shall just...Take advantage of the lack of information and say that I was sort of just...Floating about in stasis on one of those.
The thing about stasis dementia is that it means you can create whatever story you want and if it doesn't fit it just means you're a little nuts.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22602 on: September 27, 2015, 10:31:57 pm »

Making animations is fun.

I've got the set of staring weapons and all their animations set up.

Renen starts with a unique weapon, everyone else starts with standard stuff. I actually had to cobble together a sprite for hand lasers and laser rifles since none of the sprites I could find looked alright.

Mine look like crap but at least they're the crap I want!

Posts tomorrow. Just felt like working on this all day this weekend.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22603 on: September 27, 2015, 10:35:17 pm »

Weekends are for doing what ya wanna do!

On a not-related note, when will us fleshy folk who got messed up by the Arbiter be free to run around the ship and pester the hell out of you with random actions? When the Heph mission takes off?

EDIT: Also, shameless plug for DeathCube Services. Need to go through the last few tests U_P did and see if there's new stuff to add soon, I guess. Let me know if you have any questions!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:22:47 pm by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22604 on: September 28, 2015, 05:39:21 am »

Making animations is fun.

I've got the set of staring weapons and all their animations set up.

Renen starts with a unique weapon, everyone else starts with standard stuff. I actually had to cobble together a sprite for hand lasers and laser rifles since none of the sprites I could find looked alright.

Mine look like crap but at least they're the crap I want!

Posts tomorrow. Just felt like working on this all day this weekend.

If there's dialogue with the npc's involved, or blurbs they say when certain things happen, you could have the players themselves provide the lines.

Oh, and you could make the game itself a collaborative thing and have other people help out. Dunno how much hassle that would be though, probably quite some.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1505 1506 [1507] 1508 1509 ... 2205