Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1491 1492 [1493] 1494 1495 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487692 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22380 on: September 21, 2015, 07:28:06 pm »

You do need Mind rolls to control the lightning. It seems the roll failed, likely catastrophically.

Edit: And piecewise apparently has breasts.
((I understand that piecewise is busty...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 07:30:25 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22381 on: September 21, 2015, 07:32:56 pm »

You do need Mind rolls to control the lightning. It seems the roll failed, likely catastrophically.
I would agree with you there, but the usual "lets see how well you control your power... oh dear..." comment was missing which leads me back to the conclusion he simply went straight to endurance rolls.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22382 on: September 21, 2015, 07:35:03 pm »

Edit: And piecewise apparently has breasts.
((I understand that piecewise is busty...
PW is pretty confirmed to be a dude at this point. that doesn't mean you're wrong though.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22383 on: September 21, 2015, 07:38:47 pm »

Oh, I see, it makes sense now.
The attempted shanking did happen, the doom arm just went way over the top.
I would agree with you there, but the usual "lets see how well you control your power... oh dear..." comment was missing which leads me back to the conclusion he simply went straight to endurance rolls.
Okay, stop there, why would PW do that? He must have had a reason, right? Perhaps it was that the doom arms were set to 90% doom beforehand? He did say specifically that "People keep underestimating the Doom Arm, it has DOOM in the name for god's sake." So perhaps the doom arm doesn't act like a conductive wire and instead it just sprays electricity everywhere when activated?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22384 on: September 21, 2015, 07:39:38 pm »

PW is pretty confirmed to be a dude at this point. that doesn't mean you're wrong though.

I know he's a dude, yet he might have undergone moob enhancement surgery and not told us. Paris seems to be the only person with that info.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22385 on: September 21, 2015, 07:44:09 pm »

Dang, you beat me to it.

Also, Comrade, I know how you feel- my second character died before his first mission, and I had a fairly detailed backstory for him. :P He was also quite fun to play... hopefully "third time's the charm" turns out to be the case for you as well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22386 on: September 21, 2015, 07:53:23 pm »

Oh, I see, it makes sense now.
The attempted shanking did happen, the doom arm just went way over the top.
Okay, stop there, why would PW do that? He must have had a reason, right? Perhaps it was that the doom arms were set to 90% doom beforehand? He did say specifically that "People keep underestimating the Doom Arm, it has DOOM in the name for god's sake." So perhaps the doom arm doesn't act like a conductive wire and instead it just sprays electricity everywhere when activated?
no, no shanking happened at all.
I had like 5 targets and none of them got shanked in any form.

Theoretical possibilities of what could have happened are not proof of occurance.
posted results are proof of occurance.

and as far as the doom arms, they are arms not speakers. just because he went 90% doom last time doesn't mean he is stuck on that setting.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22387 on: September 21, 2015, 08:07:18 pm »

But you only have a theoretical possibility.
Alan help.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22388 on: September 21, 2015, 08:14:04 pm »

I was meant to shank multiple people then wolf was meant to retaliate when I attempted to shank him.

nobody got shanked at all.

how is this theoretical?
im not using what piecewise might have done, im using what he posted.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22389 on: September 21, 2015, 08:14:25 pm »

I understand that piecewise is busty,
;D

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22390 on: September 21, 2015, 08:22:09 pm »

I was meant to shank multiple people then wolf was meant to retaliate when I attempted to shank him.

nobody got shanked at all.

how is this theoretical?
im not using what piecewise might have done, im using what he posted.
I mean the whole 'PW didn't roll End' thing, you based that on the fact that he didn't say that one throwaway sentence.

Anyway, on the shanking, perhaps PW rolled and you targeted the man with the doom arm?
Actually, screw it, I'm gonna ask PW.
HEY PW, DID YOU ROLL FOR MIND OR NOT AND WHY?
Alan help.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22391 on: September 21, 2015, 08:22:13 pm »

I am thoroughly dissatisfied with the results and handling of this event.

the whole explosion thing is meant to take place in response to my shanking him.

where were the initiative rolls?
where was my knife throw?
or even my shank roll if you ignore my updated action?
where were the opposed combat rolls?

I dont mind being tempdeath exploded fairly, but giving doom arms the instawin is highly unfair.
especially to comrades character.
I'm going to agree with Unholy here. I agree with all of his logic, and also it would be helpful to know how the intent to destroy a knife via a touch ability turned into telsa the room.

Not that I'm complaining about the ability to force end rolls on everyone in the room, I'd just like a bit more control over it and also for it to not come off as an instawin button, because that's not fun for anyone.

The lack of description is because I was working on the turn in the last 10 minutes before I had to go to class. I'll take responsibility for that. However, the reason why I didn't give you actions is because the doom arms are already going. The rolls happened the turn before that. The doom arms effect isn't the sort of thing you can just run away from or stab through. I mean, the discharges are moving at 224,000 mph. Thats almost 300 times the speed of sound. You ain't outrunning it, you ain't dodging it.

Secondly, the doom arms throwing shit around isn't a conscious action. them NOT throwing shit around is the conscious action. We kind of abstract this a lot of the time, so it's understandable, but the idea here is that he is keeping them in place via mental ability. He "uses" it by letting it leak out a bit. It's essentially an inverse Amp; the less mental effort you put in, the more powerful it is, and if you completely let go, you'll get an overload.

So the second he tried to do something with them and fucked up (Rolled very poorly) His arms went off like electric grenades. And unfortunately there were no powerful amp users with good intuition in the room who managed to see it coming and pull a Pancaek. So thats why you guys didn't do your actions in that room. Because you had no time to do them.

As per why I skipped the shank command in the original action, two reasons.

1. Because I do turns in order and he had already started the electric hoedown before I got to you
2. If you stab him, there is a chance that he will die. If he dies, even temporarily, his arms are no longer restrained. If they are not restrained we have an AMP. OVERLOAD. LEVEL. INCIDENT. on our hands. In the middle of the ship. In a room of people.  Now the ship will probably survive. There's a reason we Keep the AM around; she's good about preventing those kind of accidents from going too far. But you and everyone else in the room would be PERMADEAD. And I'm trying to get a mission started here; so as much as I would kinda like to murder 10 people in a horrible pizza argument gone reality break, I opted for the option that lets us get a mission started sooner rather than 2 weeks from now.

I understand the frustration because you guys don't know this, you can't see it from my perspective and understand why or how something is happening.  But It's one of those situations where, even if I played out every action of the turn before, including the stabbing, I don't think it would have greatly effected anything. At least not positively. I'm sorry it wasn't well explained.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:29:47 pm by piecewise »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22392 on: September 21, 2015, 08:27:59 pm »

*Cough*Toldyouso*cough*
Also, hands up if you want a Doom arms genetic mod in the armoury.
*Puts hand up*
Alan help.

SkyMarshal

• Bay Watcher
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22393 on: September 21, 2015, 08:34:28 pm »

If that happens, I'll jump ship at Hephaestus.  I'd feel safer around the tinkers :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22394 on: September 21, 2015, 08:35:00 pm »

Why would you need a gene mod? Just go stick your arms into the poles outside the R&D lab.
arms.
hhehehhehehehehhe
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1491 1492 [1493] 1494 1495 ... 2205