Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1490 1491 [1492] 1493 1494 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487512 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22365 on: September 21, 2015, 05:22:27 pm »

Well, I somehow managed to watch the entire thing.

I think "Citation Needed" applies to pretty much everything in there.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22366 on: September 21, 2015, 05:33:12 pm »

Only once the next mission starts.

ANY DAY NOW!

Incidentally, anyone hear from Sean? Is he around and active lately? On IRC maybe? Cause the longer we wait for mission start, the more 'incidents' that can happen to the guys supposed to be going. Before long the entire mission team will be dead before they arrived! That'd be something, pre-mission TPK.

Oh, and now that Comrade voiced his (granted, ooc) intent to have his stuff go to the team fund, will we just go with that assumption, or do we wanna play things out IC?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22367 on: September 21, 2015, 05:36:48 pm »

ANY DAY NOW!

Incidentally, anyone hear from Sean? Is he around and active lately? On IRC maybe? Cause the longer we wait for mission start, the more 'incidents' that can happen to the guys supposed to be going. Before long the entire mission team will be dead before they arrived! That'd be something, pre-mission TPK.

This is it. If Anton goes stasis-dementia-AWOL as well... It is terrifying to consider.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22368 on: September 21, 2015, 05:42:09 pm »

ANY DAY NOW!

This is it. If Anton goes stasis-dementia-AWOL as well... It is terrifying to consider.

Last online september 21, last post... september 10.

Mostly asking because, if he is indeed spirited away, it might not be a bad idea for someone to take over his mission prep so people can actually begin playing the mission and such. Waiting for long amounts of time leads to players dropping, for one, and leaves room for... shenanigans.

I mean, I don't wanna take his mission 'away' from him, but I also kinda don't wanna see it take so long to take off half the team goes braindead. PW has mentioned in the past he likes to keep on-ship faffing about to a minimum, for one, and to have people of actually doing stuff asap.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 05:44:03 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #22369 on: September 21, 2015, 05:48:45 pm »

It has suddenly occurred to me. How am I going to use my Christmas potion when I'm in a robo-body?

Un-related: If the Mission 24 thingy is vulnerable to cold, could I acquire a large Dewar Jar of liquid helium/nitrogen, and modify a chemical thrower to fire it?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 05:53:24 pm by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #22370 on: September 21, 2015, 05:58:50 pm »

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22371 on: September 21, 2015, 06:13:49 pm »

I am thoroughly dissatisfied with the results and handling of this event.

the whole explosion thing is meant to take place in response to my shanking him.

where were the initiative rolls?
where was my knife throw?
or even my shank roll if you ignore my updated action?
where were the opposed combat rolls?

I dont mind being tempdeath exploded fairly, but giving doom arms the instawin is highly unfair.
especially to comrades character.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22372 on: September 21, 2015, 06:22:14 pm »

Don't argue the word of God. Play with the hand you've got rather than complaining about what you've been dealt with.

Embrace the fact that shit happens.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22373 on: September 21, 2015, 06:31:50 pm »

Oooh, so we finally got paid for the mission! I guess this means I can get those Enhanced Mobility Feet. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22374 on: September 21, 2015, 06:40:04 pm »

@Comrade: Do a conspiracy theorist!

@Unholy: Let's see the turn of events here:
1. Several characters, including Auron and Wolfkit's char start fighting over the pizza.
2. Wolfkit uses doom arms. It's super effective.
3. The universe pauses at the exact moment of detonation while it checks who exactly is in the briefing room and what happens to them.
4. In the meantime, several people have anime-time conversations and submit actions to kill Wolfkit's char before he detonates. Unfortunately for them, since the detonation has already happened, it is impossible to stop it.
5. When the universe finishes his processing of the event, time resumes and the effects of the detonation become apparent.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22375 on: September 21, 2015, 06:43:29 pm »

I can't really see what to do about this. Can't build a character around that concept.
Sigs

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22376 on: September 21, 2015, 06:46:48 pm »

@Unholy: Let's see the turn of events here:
1. Several characters, including Auron and Wolfkit's char start fighting over the pizza.
2. Wolfkit uses doom arms. It's super effective.
3. The universe pauses at the exact moment of detonation while it checks who exactly is in the briefing room and what happens to them.
4. In the meantime, several people have anime-time conversations and submit actions to kill Wolfkit's char before he detonates. Unfortunately for them, since the detonation has already happened, it is impossible to stop it.
5. When the universe finishes his processing of the event, time resumes and the effects of the detonation become apparent.
counter argument:
use of doom arms came in during stealth edit.
use of doom arms was in response to and dependant on auron attempting to shank him.
attempted shanking never took place.
ergo detonation should not have occured.

Follow Josabio to the briefing room. Protect/retrieve the pizza from Ian and Auron. Burninate Auron's knife via doom arm if I notice him trying to shank me with it.
"The pizza! We must protect the pizza or all is lost!"
this is his action.

as far as I can tell, what should have happened is I walk into the room and start shanking people.
when I reach wolf, he attempts to burn my knife and probably melts my arm off by flaring his power up and bitch slapping my hand.

instead I walk into the room and everything explodes without provocation... do you see the discrepency that upsets me so?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 06:58:42 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22377 on: September 21, 2015, 06:55:35 pm »

So, if I understand correctly, what you're saying is that you wanted piecewise to take time and describe the events of the pizza fight and how everyone's actions failed in more detail?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22378 on: September 21, 2015, 07:03:55 pm »

So, if I understand correctly, what you're saying is that you wanted piecewise to take time and describe the events of the pizza fight and how everyone's actions failed in more detail?
something like that.

I wanted the fight to be run as a fight, not just a "fuck it wolf explodes time for endurance rolls"

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22379 on: September 21, 2015, 07:21:13 pm »

I'm going to agree with Unholy here. I agree with all of his logic, and also it would be helpful to know how the intent to destroy a knife via a touch ability turned into telsa the room.

Not that I'm complaining about the ability to force end rolls on everyone in the room, I'd just like a bit more control over it and also for it to not come off as an instawin button, because that's not fun for anyone.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1490 1491 [1492] 1493 1494 ... 2205