Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491618 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22125 on: September 15, 2015, 12:07:10 am »

M23 seems kinda rudderless, but I haven't been keeping close tabs on it.

I blame myself. I've been 'busy'. I need to catch back up this week and attempt to provide some more direction and input XD

I also blame sleep and crushing existentialism. It seems like the thing to do.

Hello back, Kri! I've been waiting to ask: Do you think latest M21 development would qualify as Incident, or not? :)
(Maybe not yet, but when it finally blossoms.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22126 on: September 15, 2015, 02:08:16 am »

Yeah, right now it's getting played a little too close to the vest to tell. We'll see :P

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22127 on: September 15, 2015, 02:38:15 am »

It all depends how much we manage to escalate it. I wonder, this is an anomaly within an anomaly. What happens if Morul goes into voidspace now?

And I think Bartholomew is alone with frozen nudists now.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22128 on: September 15, 2015, 07:22:15 am »

I blame myself. I've been 'busy'. I need to catch back up this week and attempt to provide some more direction and input XD

Existentialism is a terrible idea. Literally. It inspires terror in the hearts of its victims. It's also terrible in the figurative sense.

And also, hey! don't knock my ad hoc leadership. It's only likely to have gotten one teammate potentially killed and unrecoverable so far.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22129 on: September 15, 2015, 09:50:26 am »

So, how'd your exam stuff go PW?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22130 on: September 15, 2015, 10:08:49 am »

I would love to see a magnetic implant in ER
Heard about that. Seen video of people implanting them themselves too. which is kinda nuts.

Well, I can understand the desire to be able to 'feel' magnetic fields, but at the current tech level it's more on the freaky side than cool, I'm afraid (such as the gradual loss of strength of the magnet unless replaced completely, and other uncomfortable tricks). I'd think that wearing a small ring with a magnet of that size would do just as well (except maybe for finer sensations because not jammed directly into the nerves), but would be cheaper, easier to remagnetise, and plainly more comfortable in the long run.

On genemods/body modifications/etc.: I think the best approach would be to start realistic, but give overhead for possible scientific advancement - so no direct space-magick (as not all your game settings have it), but if the advanced materials or sufficient miniaturisation of implants are available, for example, the upgrade could seamlessly evolve to utilize those. It might require a little bit more effort, but scalable system like that should prove both very useful and system-agnostic. (And then, genemods at the higher end might be adopted to ER as well ;) ).

And finally - glad to hear about your return! How were (are) the exams?
I actually have a powerful magnetic ring. Neodymium. I can put it on and find the studs in a wall by moving my hand across it. But I can't feel magnetic waves. The reason why people with implants can is because they implant them right next to a nerve. So they feel the vibrations of the magnet very directly.

If you don't have time, at least name someone the temp leader while you're gone and let them control you.

Existentialism is a terrible idea. Literally. It inspires terror in the hearts of its victims. It's also terrible in the figurative sense.

And also, hey! don't knock my ad hoc leadership. It's only likely to have gotten one teammate potentially killed and unrecoverable so far.
Existentialism strikes me as an inevitability these days. It's not much more then internal questioning and then the crisis that comes when you realize that no one really has the answers to what you're asking.  I think it's a positive thing as long as you don't give in to despair and instead use it to move ahead and grow more reliant on yourself and your desires, rather then a slave to the desires or ideas of others.

Nihilism is the opposite direction and I don't think it's very helpful.

So, how'd your exam stuff go PW?
Uncertain. I knew the subject matter for all questions except one. And on that one I could eliminate 60% of the choices as incorrect, so it was a coin toss from there.

We shall see in the coming days. I still have a lab test tomorrow, but thats a lot less material so I don't need to spend all day on it. My A&P test was like 100 pages worth of crap. And a lot of it was very granular and specific.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22131 on: September 15, 2015, 01:50:22 pm »

"Hey Host, looks like your audience has gone comatose! You gonna do somethin about that?"
One day. Less actually, and PW isn't posting updates either till now.

I'm sure all three of them will be very insulted.
One wheel short of a wagon

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #22132 on: September 15, 2015, 01:57:04 pm »

Maybe you should make a Dead Man Running OOC thread?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22133 on: September 15, 2015, 02:04:03 pm »

I don't think that's necessary. Just using (()) in the thread should work fine.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22134 on: September 15, 2015, 02:05:09 pm »

I have to say, I am incredibly excited for the next on-ship turn.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22135 on: September 15, 2015, 02:18:24 pm »

Maybe you should make a Dead Man Running OOC thread?

That's entirely the un-point: DMR relies on audience participation and violence, people screaming for blood and gore and doing random stuff in the audience, and lots of voting. The next bit requires even more committed one-line suggestion and action posters in the audience, in fact.
One wheel short of a wagon

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22136 on: September 15, 2015, 03:06:07 pm »

Dang. Guess we have new STAN or something.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22137 on: September 15, 2015, 03:15:09 pm »

I wonder what their dark ritual will cause, what its purpose is... Is it to give the black thing more power and somehow make its summoning more complete or is it to summon something even bigger?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:19:34 pm by Parisbre56 »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22138 on: September 15, 2015, 03:17:00 pm »

Cause? Purpose? End of times, for both.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22139 on: September 15, 2015, 03:22:13 pm »

No comment.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 ... 2205