Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1473 1474 [1475] 1476 1477 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491718 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22110 on: September 14, 2015, 12:07:42 am »

How much for one of those japanese roll-up cots?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22111 on: September 14, 2015, 12:45:27 am »

So as I talked about, I'm basically using this A&P class as inspiration for creating a bunch of gene mods, body modifications, etc. Not for any specific system, just a big collection of them that anyone could put into their games.

My question is: Should I stick to realistic or should I just do whatever?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22112 on: September 14, 2015, 12:48:04 am »

Remember Mr. Big-O? I think you should go mad with gene-mods. Think about what you can do, not what you should do!

I wish I didn't punch the eater of cold. He could have been fun.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22113 on: September 14, 2015, 12:49:29 am »

Probably do whatever, people who want it realistic can just cherry pick 'em.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22114 on: September 14, 2015, 12:53:57 am »

List all that come to mind.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22115 on: September 14, 2015, 12:54:56 am »

My opinion on this is probably obvious.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22116 on: September 14, 2015, 01:04:54 am »

So as I talked about, I'm basically using this A&P class as inspiration for creating a bunch of gene mods, body modifications, etc. Not for any specific system, just a big collection of them that anyone could put into their games.

I don't really see how the more realistic stuff would be terribly useful, to be honest, or at least how it would do something that the more unrealistic, space-magicky ones like the IVAN treatment do not. You could do some really cheap realistic ones in the 1-3 token range, kind of like the platelet efficiency overhaul (though maybe a bit more realistic than that) or something like that.

In any case, best to just do whatever inspiration strikes you to do. After all, in-universe fuckery with the laws of gods and men is already well-established.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22117 on: September 14, 2015, 06:52:16 am »

I would love to see a magnetic implant in ER

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22118 on: September 14, 2015, 07:42:49 am »

make both, but separate out the 'realistic' ones into their own category, to help those who might actually want to use them but might overlook something obvious and end up with missile firing boobs and boob firing missiles. And also eye lasers. Because really? eye lasers?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22119 on: September 14, 2015, 08:48:00 am »

I don't really see how the more realistic stuff would be terribly useful, to be honest, or at least how it would do something that the more unrealistic, space-magicky ones like the IVAN treatment do not. You could do some really cheap realistic ones in the 1-3 token range, kind of like the platelet efficiency overhaul (though maybe a bit more realistic than that) or something like that.

In any case, best to just do whatever inspiration strikes you to do. After all, in-universe fuckery with the laws of gods and men is already well-established.

As I said in the post, it's not for er specifically.

Heard about that. Seen video of people implanting them themselves too. which is kinda nuts.

I'll be back with actual posts tomorrow. Sorry for the wait.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22120 on: September 14, 2015, 11:11:08 am »

There's very little people won't do in the name of fashion.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22121 on: September 14, 2015, 11:17:48 am »

Heard about that. Seen video of people implanting them themselves too. which is kinda nuts.

Well, I can understand the desire to be able to 'feel' magnetic fields, but at the current tech level it's more on the freaky side than cool, I'm afraid (such as the gradual loss of strength of the magnet unless replaced completely, and other uncomfortable tricks). I'd think that wearing a small ring with a magnet of that size would do just as well (except maybe for finer sensations because not jammed directly into the nerves), but would be cheaper, easier to remagnetise, and plainly more comfortable in the long run.

On genemods/body modifications/etc.: I think the best approach would be to start realistic, but give overhead for possible scientific advancement - so no direct space-magick (as not all your game settings have it), but if the advanced materials or sufficient miniaturisation of implants are available, for example, the upgrade could seamlessly evolve to utilize those. It might require a little bit more effort, but scalable system like that should prove both very useful and system-agnostic. (And then, genemods at the higher end might be adopted to ER as well ;) ).

And finally - glad to hear about your return! How were (are) the exams?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 11:19:38 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22122 on: September 14, 2015, 09:14:06 pm »

M23 seems kinda rudderless, but I haven't been keeping close tabs on it.

I blame myself. I've been 'busy'. I need to catch back up this week and attempt to provide some more direction and input XD

I also blame sleep and crushing existentialism. It seems like the thing to do.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22123 on: September 14, 2015, 09:34:46 pm »

Blame the economy. That always works.

"I know there are problems, the one my citizens worry the most being my lack of activity as mission leader. There will always be problems, especially in the current economic situation. And it will be resolved, as will others, in time, as the global economy stabilises."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22124 on: September 14, 2015, 10:25:22 pm »

Well, I can understand the desire to be able to 'feel' magnetic fields,

I can't.
Pages: 1 ... 1473 1474 [1475] 1476 1477 ... 2205