Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469] 1470 1471 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493314 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22020 on: September 09, 2015, 04:03:36 pm »

Ah, right. No problem, really. And yeah, Lawful-subtype should do the job protecting your secrets just fine.
All I wanted to suggest is not to give up Lawful Neutrals or even some Lawful Goods completely. Because some of them might be Good(Neutral)-intentioned with Evil-deeds capacity. (And this universe hasn't so far shown any signs of alignment-by-deeds mattering exclusively, unlike, for example, most DnD settings.)

Anyway, that is my humble piece of advice, and I don't really expect it to be actually considered. Heard is good enough already.  :)
Your advice is being considered, never fear. And yeah, DnD's alignments are rather simplistic, but considering the genre, it was pretty good. In real lie, people are typically much more complicated, and can, without any sense of wrongness, behave in mutually contradictory ways, condemn others for virtues they lack, applaud others for sins they themselves would never commit, and hold to the highest and lowest of standards at the same time. And more.

Hahah, we'll see. Since all the fun surgeons are in prison, I might have to go find a plucky medboy or girl from a lower-level medschool and "help" them through college with hands-on experience.
I imagine a comic in a film-noir style, with the hero narrating.
[I thought it would be a simple job. Some money to help pay my student loans. Help with done surgeries for people who wanted to not go through official channels. Nothing too bad. Just a nurse for a gang doctor at worst. That's how he had described it.]
"Relax kid. Just some easy money for you."
[We walked through the deserted streets, deeper and deeper into the city's industrial center. Closer and closer to it's dark core. A core most people pretended did not exist. So did I, at the time. I looked at everything with the eyes of a native schoolchild with dreams of one day making it to the top levels of the block.]
[If I was less native, less scared, perhaps I would have noticed he was as nervous as me, just better at hiding it. If I was more scared, I would had done the right thing and gotten out of there while I still had the chance.]
"So! Here we are."
[While I stared at large metal warehouse door, the Doc worked on opening it. With a quick movement he pushed a combination of unseen switches. Like a wizard using arcane motions to open the door to some hidden treasure. To some horrible curse.]
"Welcome..."
[The door obeyed. It did his bidding and slid upwards. But not willingly. It did so with the complaint of unoiled metal dragging against metal.]
*gasp*
["Open sesame". And all the darkness spills out.]
"... to site Alpha!"
[This was the first shock to come. And even though I couldn't suspect it at the time, it wouldn't be the last  As Doc was prone to saying "Things can always get worst. And they usually do."]

Should had taken more time to find an  eloquent description for the tools inside, making a parallel with a den of thieves and saying that that metaphor was more right than he realized at the time, but I don't have that much time.
This could do for the origin story of a UWM medic.
Nice

No posts tomorrow. Maybe no posts for a few days. My first Exams are coming up and I want to study extra good and hard so I can be sure to get a good grade and feel out what the tests will be like in the future. I doubt I'll need to do it this hard again, but it's a precaution.

I hope to actually be using this studying towards a maybe interesting end for other people.
good luck. I'm sure all that studying will give you a nice, fat, dynamic bonus for your tests.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22021 on: September 09, 2015, 04:07:04 pm »

Take several days, I'd say, RL stuff like exams are pretty big these days.

In all serious, break a leg.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:15:09 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22022 on: September 09, 2015, 04:14:13 pm »

No posts tomorrow. Maybe no posts for a few days. My first Exams are coming up and I want to study extra good and hard so I can be sure to get a good grade and feel out what the tests will be like in the future. I doubt I'll need to do it this hard again, but it's a precaution.

I hope to actually be using this studying towards a maybe interesting end for other people.

You tease. I hoped for Maurice-9 resolution today, but it never came (blast those interlopers!), and even all the updates will be postponed now!..

Take your time. Good luck with the tests. We will eagerly await your return.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22023 on: September 09, 2015, 04:39:45 pm »

You tease. I hoped for Maurice-9 resolution today, but it never came (blast those interlopers!), and even all the updates will be postponed now!..

Take your time. Good luck with the tests. We will eagerly await your return.
It may be Kisame 9 if he keeps going as he is.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22024 on: September 09, 2015, 05:44:42 pm »

Get out of the way, Kisame, let Maurice bite this bullet!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22025 on: September 09, 2015, 07:22:26 pm »

Get out of the way, Kisame, let Maurice bite this bullet!
FTFY.   ;)

Also, well, I don't think I should have a say in this. RP As Thou Wilt, I guess. Personally, I can't imagine Maurice's reaction right now, should he dodge this opportunity - there is certain possibility he might be piiiissed, but I don't know to what degree (or whether at all). Also, it depends a lot on how much of a drooling idiot he'd wake up if denied the glory but still charged with the existential price.  :P

Then again, for all we know, with Aoshima's character-killing preferences, he might still snatch Ulrich-9 title from the jaws of sanity.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22026 on: September 09, 2015, 10:58:19 pm »

Speaking of doom and gloom, apparently the nutters think the world is gonna end on September 23.

I've been ripping videos about it off youtube because I foresee them suddenly not being available. I intend to edit them down into a highlights reel.

So far the best I've seen is someone saying that CERN is gonna open a Doom style portal to hell and the aliens from "Prometheus" are gonna come through.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22027 on: September 09, 2015, 11:00:15 pm »

You're doing God's word, piecewise.

I'm sure he will take mercy when the word ends on the 23rd!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22028 on: September 09, 2015, 11:04:18 pm »

Speaking of doom and gloom, apparently the nutters think the world is gonna end on September 23.

I've been ripping videos about it off youtube because I foresee them suddenly not being available. I intend to edit them down into a highlights reel.

So far the best I've seen is someone saying that CERN is gonna open a Doom style portal to hell and the aliens from "Prometheus" are gonna come through.
All aboard the hype train to doomsville!
You're doing God's word, piecewise.

I'm sure he will take mercy when the word ends on the 23rd!

B-but wait, the word? The bird is gonna end on the 23rd??????????????

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22029 on: September 09, 2015, 11:10:20 pm »

Also, did you know that Green day Has a song called "Wake me up when September ends"? And they have an album called warnings? YOU THINK THIS IS COINCIDENCE! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

This isn't a joke by the way.  Thats an actual argument I've seen.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22030 on: September 09, 2015, 11:12:33 pm »

Huh. Why September 23rd? Planets will all be in alignment or something?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22031 on: September 09, 2015, 11:35:48 pm »

Blood moon, jewish holidays, pope showing up in america, etc.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22032 on: September 09, 2015, 11:52:40 pm »

So just your normal end of the world stuff. One would think they could come up with something mor original.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22033 on: September 10, 2015, 12:00:41 am »

So just your normal end of the world stuff. One would think they could come up with something mor original.

But they've gotten so much millage out of it so far!.  Thats the perfect thing about this kind of stuff. Even if nothing happens you can just claim it was covered up!

The fact that it didn't happen suddenly becomes evidence that it did!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22034 on: September 10, 2015, 12:36:23 am »

But they've gotten so much millage out of it so far!.  Thats the perfect thing about this kind of stuff. Even if nothing happens you can just claim it was covered up!

The fact that it didn't happen suddenly becomes evidence that it did!
You mean like that guy who single-handedly stopped the world from ending in 2012 by punching a Mayan God in the face? Because nothing happened, so he must have succeeded.  :P
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469] 1470 1471 ... 2205