Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1457 1458 [1459] 1460 1461 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494574 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21870 on: September 05, 2015, 08:45:13 pm »

There's also Xan-style, but I never had a chance to set that up.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21871 on: September 05, 2015, 08:55:28 pm »

Ok, that's useful, but why do some people have 3 in one stat and 2 in another? Or is that reductions by PW?

EDIT: It's not reductions, they still have 20 points total, I think.

Under old system (which I presume DMR shared) a stat that had less than 3 in it resulted in -1 to rolls with said stat. That '2' are likely leftover points (with hope of getting one more point and upgrading it to full +0 lack-of-penalty bonus, I presume).

Quote from: The Armory Master
"It costs...I don't remember right now."
Oh... god. :'(
Welp. Guess we need to figure out how to get that Pascal Quicksilver quickly.
So basically the AM is getting Alzeimers.
P... Peacewise, I never asked for Adult fears in this game.

And she cannot even go out with a bang, like presumably most of us could - with an old-style manip, left as rear guard against advancing UWM forces, for example. She's simply too valuable and too powerful to go out on something that insignificant.

Perhaps finding a worthy foe to take with her to the grave is her end goal here, even. I mean, she probably has to have something in mind as last resort contingency, with all of these centuries of life and planning (or however long she's been aboard)?..
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:27:25 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21872 on: September 05, 2015, 10:00:47 pm »

It's time for fun.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21873 on: September 05, 2015, 10:07:45 pm »

It's time for fun.

....should I be panicking now?

Edit:Just read mission 21. what.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 10:11:54 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21874 on: September 05, 2015, 10:32:16 pm »

Oh god what's happening. This is an honest-to-god anomaly mission. We haven't had one of these in... A long time, have we?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21875 on: September 05, 2015, 10:48:04 pm »

Ohhh. And Maurice is in the very epicentre!

Heeeey, I did call it for something being in the center of the dome, didn't I?..  :P

I have only one question that might or might not be answered, or even seen: Piecewise, did I stumble upon it by chance (result of a roll), or was it inevitable (no roll, instant jackpot)?
(It is terrifying, of course. But mastering the forces of nature would glorify us in the eyes of the universe.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21876 on: September 05, 2015, 10:59:31 pm »

Heeeey, I did call it for something being in the center of the dome, didn't I?..  :P

I have only one question that might or might not be answered, or even seen: Piecewise, did I stumble upon it by chance (result of a roll), or was it inevitable (no roll, instant jackpot)?
(It is terrifying, of course. But mastering the forces of nature would glorify us in the eyes of the universe.)
It wasn't inevitable.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21877 on: September 05, 2015, 10:59:53 pm »

Godhood or Oblivion. Place your bets everyone :D
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21878 on: September 05, 2015, 11:06:17 pm »

It wasn't inevitable.
Okay, secondary question, then, Piecewise: Was that a needed act to get us out of the area or was this just basically a trap?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21879 on: September 05, 2015, 11:07:32 pm »

Is Maurice able to hit on it? What better way to resolve a love triangle than to hook one of the suitors up with an inverted eldritch pyramid? ^__^
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21880 on: September 05, 2015, 11:11:40 pm »

Godhood or Oblivion. Place your bets everyone :D

15-20 tokens in equipment equivalent on red not-Oblivion. I like to play high-stake games!  ;D
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21881 on: September 05, 2015, 11:18:22 pm »

It wasn't inevitable.
Okay, secondary question, then, Piecewise: Was that a needed act to get us out of the area or was this just basically a trap?
Neither.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21882 on: September 05, 2015, 11:43:39 pm »

It wasn't inevitable.
Neither.
Tertiary question: Piecewise, could anything important be gained from this opportunity? Especially... pertaining to the last talk with the Doctor, and the larger war effort?
(Why not, we're already deep in the territory of blatant questions and vague answers.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 11:48:05 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21883 on: September 05, 2015, 11:53:58 pm »

It wasn't inevitable.
Neither.
Tertiary question: Piecewise, could anything important be gained from this opportunity? Especially... pertaining to the last talk with the Doctor, and the larger war effort?
(Why not, we're already deep in the territory of blatant questions and vague answers.)
You never know what you'll find. Sometimes even I don't know.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21884 on: September 06, 2015, 12:00:14 am »

You wanna chat Devastator?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 1457 1458 [1459] 1460 1461 ... 2205