Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493995 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21435 on: August 26, 2015, 08:39:43 pm »

XCM, especially since 2 is coming this november :P
+1 fwiw

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21436 on: August 26, 2015, 08:44:51 pm »

I, being a console player and thus never playing the long war mod, would like to see a playthrough of that.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21437 on: August 26, 2015, 11:24:02 pm »

I, being a console player and thus never playing the long war mod, would like to see a playthrough of that.
+1 fwiw
Well I suppose we'll play xcom until the snake girls come for us.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21438 on: August 27, 2015, 03:50:39 am »

Have you considered Bloodborne? I haven't played, but know it's considered to be a bit more original than DS2 by some.
One wheel short of a wagon

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21439 on: August 27, 2015, 06:12:59 am »

Stake Driver run. Explosively punchstab everything to death.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21440 on: August 27, 2015, 06:46:20 am »

Have you considered Bloodborne? I haven't played, but know it's considered to be a bit more original than DS2 by some.
I have it. It's awesome. Some people say it's not as hard as either of the Dark Souls games, but I don't think I've ever had to retry a boss as many times in Dark Souls 2 as I've had to several bosses in Bloodborne.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21441 on: August 27, 2015, 06:53:12 am »

Honestly, if I didn't have any long-running characters / games active, I'd have changed my username long ago. I just haven't because I don't want to have to get people to recognize my new name instead of the old one.
What would you change it to? ((put in your personal text: "Formerly Lenglon."))

I like the name Lenglon though, for what it's worth.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21442 on: August 27, 2015, 07:00:32 am »

Honestly, if I didn't have any long-running characters / games active, I'd have changed my username long ago. I just haven't because I don't want to have to get people to recognize my new name instead of the old one.

Honestly I'm not sure. Just something else. This actually is my brother's normal username. We shared this account at first, but he quit a long time ago. I'd probably pick one of my character's names instead.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21443 on: August 27, 2015, 07:17:07 am »

Honestly I'm not sure. Just something else. This actually is my brother's normal username. We shared this account at first, but he quit a long time ago. I'd probably pick one of my character's names instead.
Doooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeet. Make a portmanteau - call yourself Lyralon. Hmmm. Lyranglon? Lengra?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21444 on: August 27, 2015, 07:23:34 am »

Hm? No, I wouldn't pick Lyra... Or at least, I don't think I would? I haven't really thought on it that hard in a while. I remember a few of my old answers to that question, but I'd want to pick something that matched the me of now, not the me of then...
I"ll think on it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21445 on: August 27, 2015, 07:46:46 am »

...but I'd want to pick something that matched the me of now, not the me of then...

Rather than that you should pick something that will match you in future as well.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21446 on: August 27, 2015, 08:08:10 am »

M21: Where one unsuccessful space magic use was not enough, and we just had to try to collapse the building on top of us.  :P

@Piecewise +1 XCOM Long War! It'll be fun, they said. See the world, they said. Kill unnumerable alien lifeforms, they said.

@Lenglon I second the notion of liking 'Lenglon' name, if that matters, but go for it if you feel like so. I'm sure everyone would understand, and with a couple explanations (or that 'Formerly Lenglon' line as suggested), it shouldn't be that troublesome even in the short run.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21447 on: August 27, 2015, 08:11:23 am »

Hm? No, I wouldn't pick Lyra... Or at least, I don't think I would? I haven't really thought on it that hard in a while. I remember a few of my old answers to that question, but I'd want to pick something that matched the me of now, not the me of then...
I"ll think on it.
I was kidding about the specific names. I only know the Lyra character, and your appearance in tWoOtA. But yeah, change it to suit you. No real point living on a borrowed life, unless said life is comfortable to you.

I happen to like Ozarck, so I'm keeping it. >.>

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21448 on: August 27, 2015, 09:36:31 am »

+1 fwiw
Well I suppose we'll play xcom until the snake girls come for us.

I'd watch Long War; I could never get into Dark Souls.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21449 on: August 27, 2015, 09:52:48 am »

I'd love to do bloodborne, but it's ps4 only and I don't have a capture card. I also don't think my internet is good enough to stream it live from the console...I could double check but I tried it once and no dice.

I have it. It's awesome. Some people say it's not as hard as either of the Dark Souls games, but I don't think I've ever had to retry a boss as many times in Dark Souls 2 as I've had to several bosses in Bloodborne.
it depends on your play style. If you're used to doing no shield or dodge heavy runs, it's basically the same. I think tons of people always played with a shield though, so that makes their lives hard.

Some of those deep chalice dungeon bosses are nuts though.

M21: Where one unsuccessful space magic use was not enough, and we just had to try to collapse the building on top of us.  :P

@Piecewise +1 XCOM Long War! It'll be fun, they said. See the world, they said. Kill unnumerable alien lifeforms, they said.

@Lenglon I second the notion of liking 'Lenglon' name, if that matters, but go for it if you feel like so. I'm sure everyone would understand, and with a couple explanations (or that 'Formerly Lenglon' line as suggested), it shouldn't be that troublesome even in the short run.
Innumerable?

In any case, I've looked over the long war mod and while I'm not sure I like all the changes. The expansion of classes and class abilities is neat, as well as the ability to reclaim countries, but some of the changes appear to literally boil down to "Let the RNG fuck you more often".  Like making the arc thrower have very low chances of working. I can already foresee the mission where I sit there for 5 turns in a row, failing to shock a sectoid.  Unfortunately that doesn't really strike me as "improving the tactical gameplay" so much as tweaking a number to increase the raw mathematical chance of failure. I mean, because making the enemies hit harder, be more accurate, and be vastly more numerous wasn't enough right?

Did they increase the chance of panic too?  I understand panic, but it seems overdone. I mean, these guys are soldiers. Rookies, yes, but trained soldiers. The idea that the death of one of them would cause a huge panic spiral was always dumb to me because it was so unrealistic.  One guy wigging out after several people die or when he sees the aliens all closing in is fine, but when the one remaining sectoid kills some no-specialty nobody it shouldn't cause the entire rest of the unit to murder each other in an orgy of panicked delusions.

Then again, I could never get into STALKER because I would shoot a dog three times in the head and it wouldn't die. And I found that unacceptable.
Pages: 1 ... 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 ... 2205