Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1427 1428 [1429] 1430 1431 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494015 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21420 on: August 26, 2015, 08:35:38 am »

Ah, thanks. GreatWryme points out it could be one of the contestants a bit later on, actually.

You know, being fairly new, its the first of his posts I've seen. Kinda weird, like playing Dark Souls, discovering the footprints of ancient mighty draconic thingies or whatever.
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21421 on: August 26, 2015, 01:50:45 pm »

Ah, thanks. GreatWryme points out it could be one of the contestants a bit later on, actually.

You know, being fairly new, its the first of his posts I've seen. Kinda weird, like playing Dark Souls, discovering the footprints of ancient mighty draconic thingies or whatever.
Ancient, Whiny draconic things more like it.

The only dragon known to have argued himself to death.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21422 on: August 26, 2015, 01:52:08 pm »

Once again proving the pen is mightier than the sword.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21423 on: August 26, 2015, 03:20:23 pm »

Ancient, Whiny draconic things more like it.

The only dragon known to have argued himself to death.
Ah, Internet Ouroboros.

Once again proving the pen keyboard is mightier than the sword.

Edit:
Quote from: Mission 21
their bodies are showing an increasingly warped and injured appearance.
uh oh.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:43:43 pm by Ozarck »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21424 on: August 26, 2015, 05:14:32 pm »

Well, he is a legend in the more neutral sense of the word :P

Did he ever go on again under a new name, anyone know?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21425 on: August 26, 2015, 05:17:51 pm »

Ban dodging is against the rules. GWG is known to have complained about not being able to read the Bay12 forums after his banning, and I haven't noticed anyone acting like he used to, so almost certainly not.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21426 on: August 26, 2015, 05:20:25 pm »

I know its against the rules, otherwise banning wouldn't be more than an inconvenience, but I assumed people who've changed their names did so for that reason.

I guess I woulda noticed if someone had that sort of everywhere-ness... unless he knew he'd be banned someday and is secretly Xantalos :o

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21427 on: August 26, 2015, 05:51:35 pm »

The name-changing thing is different. People don't like the username they chose however long ago and request Toady change it, and he does. Other people see this happen and decide they don't like their username either, leading to a string of account name changes. It's still the same account, though; the signature, avatar, etc. and all the old posts are retained, the name associated with them just changes.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21428 on: August 26, 2015, 05:52:14 pm »

I know its against the rules, otherwise banning wouldn't be more than an inconvenience, but I assumed people who've changed their names did so for that reason.

I guess I woulda noticed if someone had that sort of everywhere-ness... unless he knew he'd be banned someday and is secretly Xantalos :o
People change their usernames because they want to change their usernames. It's someone's self-identifier, and people change over time. You aren't the same person you were 5 years ago, and some people like to change their username when they feel that they themselves no longer identify with their old one.

Honestly, if I didn't have any long-running characters / games active, I'd have changed my username long ago. I just haven't because I don't want to have to get people to recognize my new name instead of the old one.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21429 on: August 26, 2015, 05:53:10 pm »

I'm relatively new to the forums, so I had no idea who GWG was for a while. I think I eventually did some googling to find out, after which point I read through a bunch of the guy's posts like a stalker. Doesn't strike me as the most agreeable person, I must say.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21430 on: August 26, 2015, 06:04:04 pm »

He seemed ok in the few ER posts I read... Deadman running sounded like a great show, sorry to have missed it. Woulda had a bunch of suggestions too.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21431 on: August 26, 2015, 08:25:50 pm »

I'm relatively new to the forums, so I had no idea who GWG was for a while. I think I eventually did some googling to find out, after which point I read through a bunch of the guy's posts like a stalker. Doesn't strike me as the most agreeable person, I must say.
GWG was, from what I heard, I don't get around much, fairly level headed around here but would get in arguments elsewhere. I think a lot of them were deleted though. I know toady kept banning him and telling him to knock it off but...there was someone wrong on the internet, and he couldn't let that stand.

In unrelated news, now that I'm done with Dark souls, should I do dark souls 2 (scholar of the first sin, which I never played so I will be blind there) or Xcom long war (probably till death) or some other random thing?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21432 on: August 26, 2015, 08:27:52 pm »

DS2 I say.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21433 on: August 26, 2015, 08:31:44 pm »

XCM, especially since 2 is coming this november :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21434 on: August 26, 2015, 08:32:07 pm »

DS2 I say.
Strong vote since I know Egan watches my vids.

XCM, especially since 2 is coming this november :P
Would you watch it is the question?
Pages: 1 ... 1427 1428 [1429] 1430 1431 ... 2205