Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1425 1426 [1427] 1428 1429 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493765 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21390 on: August 25, 2015, 11:15:04 am »

Yes, until PW sends an asteriod at your balls and rolls an ice cube rather than a dice.
One wheel short of a wagon

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21391 on: August 25, 2015, 11:22:22 am »

As custom goes, you cannot sell the magazine/battery/etc. that comes with your item back to the armory. It's 'bonus' no-resell item.
Now, you could sell it to another player, and then buy another (different) manipulator. You'd have two manips and one brain to switch between them, they'd have one manip (for example) and two brains to switch between...
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nunzillor

« Reply #21392 on: August 25, 2015, 11:33:24 am »

If I had the money to purchase another type of manipulator, even with the sale of the 3-token brain on the player market, that would make sense.  But my character is just starting.

As it is, I guess I could sell the brain on the player market and then sell back the manipulator itself to the AM to still make a profit.  But that depends on the demand for 3-token brains among players.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21393 on: August 25, 2015, 11:35:44 am »

Who could just do that.

Nunzillor

« Reply #21394 on: August 25, 2015, 11:40:20 am »

It would take 3 tokens to be able to purchase the MFM and do that, though.  So if I put the brain on the player market for 2 tokens, people who couldn't try that because they only have 2 tokens could still get a good deal on a brain.

That person could then wait a mission, and then purchase another MFM giving them two brains to switch between.  All for less.  Everyone benefits.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:42:08 am by Nunzillor »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21395 on: August 25, 2015, 11:57:06 am »

Hm, if you smuggled a brain and a manipulator to Xan, you could get a very nice profit, I think (far more than 3 token it cost you initially). Too bad that plan hinges on OOC knowledge of who Xan currently is, his restriction on amps/manips use, and, oh, such a little detail as evading Steve's and Gen.Miyamoto's attention. But hey, mega-profit!  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21396 on: August 25, 2015, 12:04:34 pm »

Why can't Xan use 'em? (I don't enjoy reading the ER wiki for long periods as it crashes firefox- anyone else get this?)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21397 on: August 25, 2015, 12:05:31 pm »

Xan was banned from amps due to paranoid players unwilling to work with semi-hostile spacemonster "teammates".
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21398 on: August 25, 2015, 12:08:15 pm »

I don't enjoy reading the ER wiki for long periods as it crashes firefox- anyone else get this?)
I mentioned this in the archive thread but nobody responded. And for me it's even worse: It'll barely even open, and once there it goes slow, and I might as well not try to open links or anything.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21399 on: August 25, 2015, 12:09:58 pm »

Why amps though? I would rather not look at his char sheet, as the old CPU has been crashing a bit recently.

@Twinwolf: Its slow for me too, though always opens, and breaks down more the longer I look, though oddly quick link jumping is fine. You like this or different?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21400 on: August 25, 2015, 12:11:20 pm »

Worse. It basically breaks down the second I open it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21401 on: August 25, 2015, 12:11:28 pm »

I'm on extrememly slow internet and have no problems with the ER wiki on firefox, however I use an addon that blocks cross-site scripting (i have to manually allow each instance of it, and most of the time I end up leaving over half the requests any given site makes blocked and still have the site itself work properly). might want to check into that wiki gnomes, you might have a leaky service or ad that I'm blocking that most do not.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21402 on: August 25, 2015, 12:12:34 pm »

Its fine for my mobile, btw. Except few images load as its a brick, and the random page always links to cam eyes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21403 on: August 25, 2015, 12:14:08 pm »

I haven't had anything of the sort. Do you use AdBlock, NoScript, RequestPolicy? Those can cut down a lot on unwanted site activity, so maybe they could help with your problem (and you're already using firefox, apparently).

Edit: Yeah, same as Lenglon.
Past Sigs

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21404 on: August 25, 2015, 12:15:20 pm »

(and you're already using firefox, apparently)
I use Internet Explorer actually...
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 1425 1426 [1427] 1428 1429 ... 2205