Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493803 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21360 on: August 24, 2015, 02:05:15 pm »

Look on the bright side, Pan. If you perma-die, you get to know what it's like to be a weak newbie instead of an amp god again.
I haven't really felt like an amp god yet though. I only remember the moment where Pan channeled Neo during the defence of Heph as the only time I did something interesting with my amps.

Why was he the one to walk forward again then?
Because the idea was to go forward every so slightly and then amp my way up onto the roof.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21361 on: August 24, 2015, 02:05:57 pm »

Because he's got a mind durable enough to resist copious amounts of violation and dish out a lot of hurt. Comes with being the amp guy. And also he's synthfleshed, so he can take a lot of physical crap, too.

Of course, the hidden variable here is that he's synthfleshed and pretty damn beefy. As a consequence, PW pulling an M14 on his synthfleshed bum might have been mildly expected. Naturally, these things always seem much more obvious in hindsight.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21362 on: August 24, 2015, 02:11:44 pm »

Of course, the hidden variable here is that he's synthfleshed and pretty damn beefy. As a consequence, PW pulling an M14 on his synthfleshed bum might have been mildly expected. Naturally, these things always seem much more obvious in hindsight.
M14? What was it (in)famous for (that is relevant to current situation), once again? Sorry, I did not follow that mission as closely.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21363 on: August 24, 2015, 02:14:42 pm »

Was that the Cult one, where Faith got possessed and went ham on our team?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21364 on: August 24, 2015, 02:15:53 pm »

M14? What was it (in)famous for (that is relevant to current situation), once again? Sorry, I did not follow that mission as closely.

The one with the cult investigation and, more memorably, Faith getting mind-controlled.

Actually, I think it may be part of a larger theme of what were thought to be assets proving to be the instrument of one's undoing. Or in other words, PW doing one of those fun rug pulls to shake things up.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21365 on: August 24, 2015, 02:17:23 pm »

I think it was thriftiness with his mind-points. Didn't want to spend too many amping his way through the debris in case he needs them later, since they're so hard to regenerate. And from experience, it's good to have some ready, in case someone decides to blow up a nuke again.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21366 on: August 24, 2015, 02:31:00 pm »

Because he was a team leader and that was his call? Really, even if we wanted, it's kind of hard to play callous bastard driving his inferiors to clear the minefield with their bodies in this game, and then people like that don't usually get to the upper echelons of command structure in ARM. Which is slightly funny in hindsight, and not terribly realistic, but shows how far we are still from an actual para-military organisation.
Simply put, I wouldn't expect people to obey such an order. A reason enough?

(Of course, there could be other solutions. But this one seemed right to him, so he picked it; the only question fell to who would be risking their lives. Hence all of the above.)

@M14 Ah, I see. Well, I'd be happy to see if it's simple temporary mind control with a healthy dose of friendly fire and team-maiming. From what I know about this mission, however, it's just as likely to simply cause extreme existential failure in Pancaek... and then, due to positioning, cause dollification cascade for the whole Team II. Half-TPK, anyone?

Even if he survives the mission (which is 50-50 at the moment, for the whole Team I), Maurice would take that sort of failure... hard. Even if it wasn't exactly his call.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21367 on: August 24, 2015, 02:47:50 pm »

That's what Sods are for.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21368 on: August 24, 2015, 03:17:35 pm »

That's what Lars is for, starting now.

FTFY.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21369 on: August 24, 2015, 04:37:52 pm »

What were the rules for a characters testament again?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21370 on: August 24, 2015, 05:14:17 pm »

What were the rules for a characters testament again?
You can make a will, and then your wealth would go as designated in the will. You cannot have [your next character] as the recipient of your will. That is the only rule about the character's testament, as far as I know.

If there is no testament, the character's equipment and tokens go to the appropriate fund responsible for the mission. Namely, Team Fund, but sometimes Bl.Ops Fund and this mission might set the precedent for Medical fund (with eventually trading out non-medical items to Team Fund or elsewhere). Although I really really hoped we didn't get the chance to set that precedent.
Past Sigs

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21371 on: August 24, 2015, 06:57:52 pm »

Welp, my character just stuck a cocked and loaded gun down his pants. The things you do to stay in character...

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21372 on: August 24, 2015, 07:01:05 pm »

Welp, my character just stuck a cocked and loaded gun down his pants. The things you do to stay in character...
waiting for you to roll a one and well....off topic, is your character a guy?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21373 on: August 24, 2015, 07:03:33 pm »

Based on the fact that the character's name is Gus, I would think so.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21374 on: August 24, 2015, 07:33:07 pm »

Based on the fact that the character's name is Gus, I would think so.
Not for long if he gets a 1.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 ... 2205