Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1417 1418 [1419] 1420 1421 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491927 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21270 on: August 21, 2015, 01:05:54 pm »

Hmmm.... Wonder if I can try something crazy... Yes, Dubley has a generator... And I have a generator... And all suits have generators... Probably Xan's too... If I chainlink all of them with Dubley's handiwork, I could maybe double my TPUs and allow myself to dig through the rock.

Really, even shooting the rock, every bit of help one can offer, I will accept it. If worst comes to worst, I can try landing, digging the hole and then using Gilgamesh's escape pod to shoot everyone out and hope Steve can catch us with a shuttle.

((Paris, have Flint text Lyra's brain to microwave the rock if you need me to do so. Include locations since she has no sensory organs right now.))
That's why I told Xan to work on Lyra's eyes, since she is the most useful right now.
She might be hurt though, so if you get healed, maybe better to not try too hard so that your brain doesn't get damaged. Just help with the heating.
But, I was also trying to RP being busy and brain damaged. Guess I can try again with a full sentence now that we have more time.

If only I had an amp or something right now. I wonder if Steve's speak was to everyone or just Flint?
True, you could overload your amp with cold and we could toss you down...
Oh, you meant to heat the rock? I guess we could throw you at the rock as you explode, that would work too.
(The above was a joke at your tendency to overshoot in the old system.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:07:44 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21271 on: August 21, 2015, 01:09:02 pm »

Actually yeah it's probably better that I not, I'd probably shoot through the rock and blow up the shuttle :P

I'll get to fixing Lyra's eyes ... somehow. Dunno how since she's only a brain, but I'm a +4 medic and hey I might have eyes in my organ mass.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21272 on: August 21, 2015, 01:10:25 pm »

Surely you're dragging at least one body? Transplants are easy in this heyday of magicscpacemediscience! :P
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21273 on: August 21, 2015, 01:17:40 pm »

Hmm.. Dubley also has some cutting laser batteries he could use to overload his laser or give me more power... Number gun could help too...
Could also have the sods shoot down, if they have heavy weapons.

Actually yeah it's probably better that I not, I'd probably shoot through the rock and blow up the shuttle :P

I'll get to fixing Lyra's eyes ... somehow. Dunno how since she's only a brain, but I'm a +4 medic and hey I might have eyes in my organ mass.
Well, it should have. It would be a pretty big omission to have all sorts of organs and limbs except eyes.
If Xan thinks it's quicker/easier, you could try connecting her braincase to you and "speaking" to her like piecewise said you could, thus providing her with sight.

Also... I hate to give Xan ideas (I've seen from Alan how that tends to turn out), but there's all sorts of temp dead people around here. It would be a shame to let their limbs and organs go to waste when the infirmary is going to replace them all anyway... I'm sure that once this crisis is over and everyone is busy, nobody would mind if a few extra limbs of their dead bodies "disappeared".

Surely you're dragging at least one body? Transplants are easy in this heyday of magicscpacemediscience! :P
That too, is a very good idea. Grab the cameras from another robot, it's probably not using them.

Besides, don't limbs have cameras on them? Even if you attach a hand on her and make some sort of handy-spider-thing for her to walk around, she could use the cameras in the eyes to see.

EDIT: Also an amp and some explosives from AkumaiKasai and persus13. Well, we at least have a chance if we all fire. Now to see if there are any other options I can think of...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:22:42 pm by Parisbre56 »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21274 on: August 21, 2015, 01:25:15 pm »

I'm sure that once this crisis is over and everyone is busy, nobody would mind if a few extra limbs of their dead bodies "disappeared".
Depends on how 'dead' dead their bodies are and how much they are up for 'botting anyway. Because some people just don't want to give up on fleshiness, if they can. Think Feyri and her semi-fried body post M6.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21275 on: August 21, 2015, 01:26:03 pm »

Eh, it's for the cause and all.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21276 on: August 21, 2015, 01:31:24 pm »

Negative on the maiming temp-dead people. I won't have that happen under my command.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21277 on: August 21, 2015, 01:32:02 pm »

Hmm, PW offline again, probably no On Ship updates till... Monday, at a guess... poor Christopher is having a long downward mood swing and probable poisoning.

NAV: fat chance ayone will listen in a life and death situation, I reckon :P
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21278 on: August 21, 2015, 01:44:06 pm »

Hmm... Just thought of another solution, but it's probably too dangerous: leave people on the "floor" and then dual-kinamp-punch the "roof" at full speed while at the same time melting a hole with the rainbow cannon. Don't know if it's more dangerous than the "have Steve use the Sword's lasers" idea though.

I'm sure that once this crisis is over and everyone is busy, nobody would mind if a few extra limbs of their dead bodies "disappeared".
Depends on how 'dead' dead their bodies are and how much they are up for 'botting anyway. Because some people just don't want to give up on fleshiness, if they can. Think Feyri and her semi-fried body post M6.
Well, she can always take robotic body parts, those probably won't be missed.
Unless they have upgrades. Or someone has grown an attachment to them for some reason.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21279 on: August 21, 2015, 01:48:27 pm »

Wait a sec, just got another solution: If the sods have no heavy weapons of their own, they could use the weapons of the dead characters. We've all seen how good a HEP is at digging holes. Not to mention 1 kilo of Aster Ex.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21280 on: August 21, 2015, 01:53:52 pm »

Does anyone have a HEP on them, though? Most people seem to avoid them on various accounts, primarily since after the STAN incident. And Lars turned in his PEW prototype.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21281 on: August 21, 2015, 01:59:46 pm »

One of the temp-deads on the surface has one. Could use it to shoot down towards us, but that plan  has some very obvious flaws.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21282 on: August 21, 2015, 02:01:32 pm »

Between the generator-feed and the usefulness as an entrenching tool, I really wish we had a HEP on the team in M21. It's one hell of a general utility weapon for blowing holes in things.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #21283 on: August 21, 2015, 02:08:51 pm »

I may or may not have a HEP on my corpse...
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21284 on: August 21, 2015, 02:14:27 pm »

Okay then, my finalized crazy backup plan in case the "shoot things" plan fails:
Use monoatomic blade (or Dubley's handiwork) to remove kinamps from fists.
Duct tape them to automated mapping drone along with claymores.
Fly them up the hole.
Shoot at claymores to detonate, thus sending the kinamp upwards at high speed.
Kin-amp enhanced shock-wave hopefully makes a big hole and we can hopefully dodge the debris.

If we have too little time and Xan revives Lyra, this can be shortened to:
Cut off hands. (Duct tape some claymores on them if there is time.)
Have Lyra tenekinetically shoot them at the hole. (Detonate claymores if possible.)

And if we have too little time... Well, I can always find out how well people outside a battlesuit can survive a shockwave...

This would be so much easier if battlesuits had detachable rocket powered fists...
Pages: 1 ... 1417 1418 [1419] 1420 1421 ... 2205