Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1403 1404 [1405] 1406 1407 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487922 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21060 on: August 16, 2015, 05:15:59 am »

Some other variants for you to consider:
- MCP-II and Emergency Kit, get a 1-token loan from somewhere (e.g. Team fund) or simply earn it through wiki jobs
- MCP-II, two cans of medi-foam (1 token), save 1 token - next best, or maybe even better than Emergency Kit in some situations
- Tesla Sabre, timeless classic; hope to get medical supplies from the fund

Anyway, welcome on board! It's always good to see another medic join up. ;)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21061 on: August 16, 2015, 05:16:34 am »

CSU: common soldier's union. It's only just starting up, but isn't looking for more experienced or longer-term soldiers. You could get quite an important placement if you joined now, especially as you'd be our only medic, which we're looking for, and you'd have two guys covering you. It's kinda a roleplay thing, it's main aim is to deal with the callous and violent attitudes of our side towards the lower-down soldiers, which is never going to happen, because Piecewise, but it's also an attempt to set up a democratic power bloc on ship.

Basically, could be fun.
One wheel short of a wagon

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #21062 on: August 16, 2015, 05:18:05 am »

CSU: common soldier's union. It's only just starting up, but isn't looking for more experienced or longer-term soldiers. You could get quite an important placement if you joined now, especially as you'd be our only medic, which we're looking for, and you'd have two guys covering you. It's kinda a roleplay thing, it's main aim is to deal with the callous and violent attitudes of our side towards the lower-down soldiers, which is never going to happen, because Piecewise, but it's also an attempt to set up a democratic power bloc on ship.

Basically, could be fun.

Why not.

As for the gear, I'll hold off on purchases. Kinda want to test out some of this stuff. How good is the invisibility cloak, or is it untested?

Also, would testing in the VR be done in Tinker or just in On-Ship if I'm just testing existing gear?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21063 on: August 16, 2015, 05:18:50 am »

but it's also an attempt to set up a democratic power bloc on ship
Presumably in opposition to the locus of Communist subtext that is Hephaestus :P

As for the gear, I'll hold off on purchases. Kinda want to test out some of this stuff. How good is the invisibility cloak, or is it untested?

Also, would testing in the VR be done in Tinker or just in On-Ship if I'm just testing existing gear?
The cloak is quite good. Two people have used it so far without any complaints. Okay, the first of the two died, but that was from an attack that wasn't targeting him. Plus he got himself a nice little memorial anyway.

VR is probably best, it doesn't use ammo or have the risk of breaking the gear being tested. Not to mention letting you have more freedom in setting up the tests.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 05:26:12 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #21064 on: August 16, 2015, 05:23:16 am »

The cloak is quite good. Two people have used it so far without any complaints. Okay, the first of the two died, but that was from an attack that was targeting him. Plus he got himself a nice little memorial anyway.

VR is probably best, it doesn't use ammo or have the risk of breaking the gear being tested. Not to mention letting you have more freedom in setting up the tests.

Okay, will consider cloak.

I meant where would I be doing the testing, topic-wise? On-Ship Thread, or Tinker thread?

Oh well. Time to post my sheet n stuff.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21065 on: August 16, 2015, 05:27:04 am »

On-Ship. Unless you want to Tinker. If you want to Tinker, you'll have to do it by phone, there's a hotline for it. $2.99 for ten steamy minutes of armor penetration.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #21066 on: August 16, 2015, 05:30:02 am »

On-Ship. Unless you want to Tinker. If you want to Tinker, you'll have to do it by phone, there's a hotline for it. $2.99 for ten steamy minutes of armor penetration.

Alright, thanks.

Sheet's up n stuff. More actions/RPing/etc. later after I finish work.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21067 on: August 16, 2015, 05:39:55 am »

Welcome, new meatsack! It will unfortunately probably be a while before we get a new mission for you to join, so you'll likely have to amuse yourself with VR and being mauled by veteran players for nebulous reasons for a while. On the bright side, it does mean your first purchases will likely be fairly well tested.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21068 on: August 16, 2015, 05:54:39 am »

NJW does the csu need an engineer?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21069 on: August 16, 2015, 05:55:25 am »

Yep!
One wheel short of a wagon

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21070 on: August 16, 2015, 06:13:11 am »

I'll try and bumb in to in on ship at some point, I think I am somewhere near nyars where ever that is.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21071 on: August 16, 2015, 08:48:10 am »

NJW2000, next time your character should probably wait until people leave their rooms before teleporting inside. Remember these days new players appear inside of their individual rooms and the clothes are inside.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21072 on: August 16, 2015, 08:51:30 am »

I think he ran into the new character as that character was leaving his room?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21073 on: August 16, 2015, 09:11:59 am »

It wasn't included in their post/action and I believe they just rolled with it. I know they'd probably leave right after, but it's better to remind NJW before Christopher starts talking to people who have decided to spend some more time in their rooms.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21074 on: August 16, 2015, 10:51:21 am »

Haha, I was just about to comment on that.
Half the time it seems as though the entire ship exists in a single, small room. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1403 1404 [1405] 1406 1407 ... 2205