Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1401 1402 [1403] 1404 1405 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487853 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21030 on: August 14, 2015, 06:42:56 am »

You are leaving everything to the Team fund, controlled by Miyamoto, rather than the Joker fund, controlled by Milno?

Including the debt, yes.
Oh goody, I want to see Milno and Miyamoto duel fight to the death over the money :P

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #21031 on: August 14, 2015, 06:44:57 am »

You are leaving everything to the Team fund, controlled by Miyamoto, rather than the Joker fund, controlled by Milno?
Including the debt, yes.
Oh goody, I want to see Milno and Miyamoto duel fight to the death over the money :P

I think they'll just settle this in a civil manner, if this comes to it.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21032 on: August 14, 2015, 06:48:30 am »

Including the debt, yes.

I think they'll just settle this in a civil manner, if this comes to it.
hush, you ...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21033 on: August 14, 2015, 07:05:18 am »

Can you make player chracters fight in VR? i.e. say, "load up Miyamoto vs the Armoury master, combat to the death"?
One wheel short of a wagon

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21034 on: August 14, 2015, 07:13:03 am »

I don't see the point, other than how fast the AM beats you to a tiny, atomic-ly small pulp. Because she is just better. At everything. It's even on the TV Tropes page that never gets updated.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21035 on: August 14, 2015, 07:59:20 am »

I think the VR version of the AM is from before she became a space magic god, since the parameters for that have not been entered into the VR database. So she's still better than you, but you can at least give her worse equipment than what you have. (Unless you program the VR to emulate her current capabilities based on estimates and guesses.)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21036 on: August 14, 2015, 10:18:37 am »

And if/when Chief survives the treatment you really think she'll give a shit? :P
This raises an interesting philosophical conundrum. Can a living legend of not-giving-a-shit be out-not-given-a-shit by a upstart mythical fleshgiant? On the one hand, that's Sir Milno the Badger-Snark for you; on the other, it's a step child of Space Magic and Mad Science challenging him.

Truly, we live in the most interesting times. Our grand-grand-children will retell our personal first-hand accounts of such events to their own grand-children as mere fables and fairy tales.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21037 on: August 14, 2015, 07:40:14 pm »

I'm honestly a bit sad to see Rookie go, if only because now Harry's having Chief (possibly) escape the debt in a way that gets me really disappointed.

I'd also like to point out it that despite the fact I forgot to post before after getting caught up in things, NJW2000 posting screencaps of PMs without renegade's permission wasn't cool. I'm not sure that's a forum violation, though I do know it does certainly count as a breach of etiquette; had he simply told them Thad was talking to him of treachery and whatnot then it'd be a different matter.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21038 on: August 15, 2015, 12:42:41 am »

I've seen screencaps of pms elsewhere. I don't think it violates any confidentiality agreements or anything. No one here is a priest or lawyer. It's like showing texts to your friends.

I agree about the etiquette, though.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21039 on: August 15, 2015, 04:02:44 am »

Sorry. Thought it was IC, though come to think of it, it wasn't really phrased that way...

I'll redact.
One wheel short of a wagon

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21040 on: August 15, 2015, 05:44:34 am »

Caught up again. Wheeeeee! One team is reminding us that there's really no such thing as overreacting when faced with an Arbiter, one team is exploring Weeping Angel High, and one team is (aimlessly working on) living Faith's dream of abducting 50,000 children.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21041 on: August 15, 2015, 07:03:19 am »

Generally it's polite to get permission from the one that sent it.

And it would have been so much more fun if you didn't show proof, then Thad could have countered by saying you're lying and then the fight could've broken out earlier.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21042 on: August 15, 2015, 10:24:28 am »

Caught up again. Wheeeeee! One team is reminding us that there's really no such thing as overreacting when faced with an Arbiter, one team is exploring Weeping Angel High, and one team is (aimlessly working on) living Faith's dream of abducting 50,000 children.
Hey! We're not aimless. We were kept in the dark until we arrived, had a gun shoved in our collective face, and marched around a city fuller than most planets. Oh, and we're mostly newbies. We're just a little overwhelmed. But we've got the start of a potentially workable plan.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21043 on: August 15, 2015, 01:38:13 pm »

Sorry about the lack of Hero Killer updates. Those are just a lot more fiddly because of all the character sheets and stuff I have to check. Takes a lot more time then I have sometimes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21044 on: August 15, 2015, 02:14:49 pm »

It's all good; looks like it'll be shorter than the other two anyway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1401 1402 [1403] 1404 1405 ... 2205