Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1399 1400 [1401] 1402 1403 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486187 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21000 on: August 12, 2015, 02:58:13 pm »

I'm pretty sure it was Xan's presence that contributed to the disaster in the making :P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21001 on: August 12, 2015, 05:35:33 pm »

I think it was the most probable outcome.
Eh, it was just bad luck. I think that if it was team Shallow down there or a mixture of the two, we could had won without destroying the entire colony. But, hindsight 20/20 and all that.

Besides, like I said, this is technically all Steve's fault. Not gonna complain about him saving almost everyone in the most efficient way possible, it's what I would do, but he's the one who overloaded a manip. This incident is on him :P

The only way it would had been better is if he had written a number with nine digits.

We can still name it. Goop-9? Peace-9?

Meanwhile, I suspect something resembling AI on M21...
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21002 on: August 12, 2015, 05:53:53 pm »

Hmm... children sometimes twist the legs of their dolls... That must mean that... It's the ghost of a kid that merged with an alien artefact! It can only interact with the world when nobody is looking! The answer is friendship or maybe in the bottom of a well! It all makes sense now!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21003 on: August 13, 2015, 08:27:56 am »

Well, you discovered what you needed to know: The colony was destroyed by the UWM, testing a very unusual auto-manip. We would have liked to get the auto-manip, but in practice with an Arbiter *right there*, that would have been incredibly dangerous or impossible, since you would have had to somehow disable the auto-manip without damaging it, while trying to keep an Arbiter from destroying *you*. And the auto-manip.

Now excuse me while I get some popcorn to go watch the escape. I plan to be quite entertained by it. :P
Don't get too cocky though. There's plenty of room for Joker to seriously cock up our mission, even without strange unknowns interfering. We may end up wishing we had been on 22 after all. Probably not, but ...

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21004 on: August 13, 2015, 09:24:49 am »

I think it was the most probable outcome.
Eh, it was just bad luck. I think that if it was team Shallow down there or a mixture of the two, we could had won without destroying the entire colony. But, hindsight 20/20 and all that.

Besides, like I said, this is technically all Steve's fault. Not gonna complain about him saving almost everyone in the most efficient way possible, it's what I would do, but he's the one who overloaded a manip. This incident is on him :P

The only way it would had been better is if he had written a number with nine digits.

We can still name it. Goop-9? Peace-9?

Meanwhile, I suspect something resembling AI on M21...

I don't really think the Surprise Arbiter is actually a -9 event. I mean, it's fucking deadly as shit and we're gonna lose lots of our best if Steve can't GTFO them faster than it can shred their faces, but it's part of the mission, not a fuckup, and could theoretically have been killed turn 1 if lars had fired a shell into the container and hit the automanip that then blocked lyra's "DIE" amp attack
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21005 on: August 13, 2015, 09:27:45 am »

I don't really think the Surprise Arbiter is actually a -9 event. I mean, it's fucking deadly as shit and we're gonna lose lots of our best if Steve can't GTFO them faster than it can shred their faces, but it's part of the mission, not a fuckup, and could theoretically have been killed turn 1 if lars had fired a shell into the container and hit the automanip that then blocked lyra's "DIE" amp attack

The Arbiter isn't, but the manipulator overload sure will be.

And the automanipulators are the Arbiter's own - the one it was guarding, though, was the thing that was making the pulses and what likely killed all these people.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21006 on: August 13, 2015, 11:40:44 am »

If nukes / gravshells had been fired, then I would have shielded the team.
Since they weren't, i looked at what other plans were laid, and the only one there was one asking for me to levitate it to immobilize it.
I evaluated that, and realized that it wouldn't work because of the AoP's wires, and I was unaware of its selfdefense automanips.
so I went for a direct Amp attack and positioned myself to be its primary target, hopefully buying everyone else time to escape. because conventional weapons would not work on it.

the only thing I would have done different in hindsight, is instead of attacking it directly I would have amped its crowdwire system and tried to make it slice itself apart with it.

that and hopefully not roll double-1's.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21007 on: August 13, 2015, 12:00:46 pm »

The Arbiter isn't, but the manipulator overload sure will be.

And the automanipulators are the Arbiter's own - the one it was guarding, though, was the thing that was making the pulses and what likely killed all these people.

I don't think this manipulator overload qualifies, since it was intentional. -9 incidents are accidental.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21008 on: August 13, 2015, 12:16:41 pm »

I think it's worthy of a name, just not a -9 class event.  Thankfully, the name writes itself.

Arbiter-in-the-box
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21009 on: August 13, 2015, 12:44:15 pm »

I think it's worthy of a name, just not a -9 class event.  Thankfully, the name writes itself.

Arbiter-in-the-box
Jack-the-Ripper-in-a-Box? :P

Speaking of which, does the Experiment-produced anomaly warrant a -9 title? It wasn't exactly intentional, but wasn't completely accidental either, Anton knew something bad would happen. He just expected something more along the lines of "huge explosion". :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21010 on: August 13, 2015, 12:52:44 pm »

Speaking of which, does the Experiment-produced anomaly warrant a -9 title? It wasn't exactly intentional, but wasn't completely accidental either, Anton knew something bad would happen. He just expected something more along the lines of "huge explosion". :P
Nah, not unless someone dies from it.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21011 on: August 13, 2015, 12:59:21 pm »

Nah, not unless someone dies from it.
If it ended with Heph turning into a snowball world, maybe.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21012 on: August 13, 2015, 01:21:16 pm »

I just finished reading mission 13. Holy shit, that might have been the most perfectly executed mission in ARM- or HMRC for that matter- history. Basically nothing went wrong.

Summary written up, thoughts?

Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21013 on: August 13, 2015, 01:28:53 pm »

Milno didn't fail to mess with the security camera as far as I remember. What happened was that it cut out for a few seconds but was successfully put on loop.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21014 on: August 13, 2015, 01:36:36 pm »

Really? I remember that after he left the 6th floor and regrouped with the others, he said he did, and they made a point to avoid the camera later on.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 1399 1400 [1401] 1402 1403 ... 2205