Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 [1394] 1395 1396 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488497 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20895 on: August 10, 2015, 12:25:12 pm »

(Though I'd note that you probably should have fought, from a purely meta-game point of view. The Chief had a -1 to such confrontations, you probably would have won the pile)
I just felt kinda guilty, though it woulda been funny to work my way up via sneakiness, deception, hiding, and murder to have the stats of 11 missions without going more than 5 metres from allied ships.

If/when you test a possibly probably unstable artifact, remember we have a room for that sort of thing  :P

:P

Also, are there any special wiki edits for a death?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:35:10 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20896 on: August 10, 2015, 01:00:16 pm »

I just felt kinda guilty, though it woulda been funny to work my way up via sneakiness, deception, hiding, and murder to have the stats of 11 missions without going more than 5 metres from allied ships.

It most certainly would have. Frankly, I would have been pretty open to letting you have the body, but what's done is done.

Congratulations! You have created a giant overpowered monstrosity that is basically only good for building and punching things at the moment! :P

Let me tell you, I've never been gladder. Now I have five other people's dead characters (six if you count Chief herself) to pick bits up from and RP with as I wish.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20897 on: August 10, 2015, 01:04:21 pm »

Let me tell you, I've never been gladder. Now I have five other people's dead characters (six if you count Chief herself) to pick bits up from and RP with as I wish.
Wonder if you'd be happier about the stats, skills, tokens, loot or roleplay opportunities.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20898 on: August 10, 2015, 01:07:20 pm »

if anybody wants g ahead and make a back story for me, make a vote for what my char should do :P
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20899 on: August 10, 2015, 01:11:55 pm »

Wonder if you'd be happier about the stats, skills, tokens, loot or roleplay opportunities.

The stats and loot are what make me leery and paranoid, actually, since having them puts me on fate's shit list. The skills are what Chief had already and thus nothing to write home about (in fact, a core part of my slight disappointment of how she turned out prior to being absorbed), unless by some unholy machination I get to add 10 points to them after each mission.

The RP, though, is intriguing through and through. And RP I'd get to do if I put my backup into action as well, though not the same kind that being Cthunkan affords. Hence why I wouldn't have terribly minded if you ate Chief (in fact, I could have essentially suicided and given the body to you, as mentioned).

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20900 on: August 10, 2015, 01:20:03 pm »

I think you deserve it more as a longterm player and not a horrible little sneak IC, Baldman.

@Spazyak: a knight from an undeveloped alien-world or abandoned human-world with a C14 level of technology, which will give you lots of opportunities for craziness, who has been kidnapped and sent to the Sword as a joke.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20901 on: August 10, 2015, 01:24:46 pm »

@Harry: Remember you still have a huge debt and Milno collects, though eight tokens from the debt can be abated if you can find out how Amiable Amber works, and whether it's useful for Joker, and give it to Milno. You can even get a token from that (Milno spent 8, Thad spent 2) if you don't expend too many shots trying to figure things out.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:33:17 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20902 on: August 10, 2015, 01:31:41 pm »

@Harry: Remember you still have a huge debt and Milno collects, though eight tokens from the debt can be abated if you can find out how Friable Wish works, and whether it's useful for Joker, and give it to Milno. You can even get a token from that (Milno spent 8, Thad spent 2) if you don't expend too many shots trying to figure things out.
Wasn't the Friable Wish the pill that made Cthunkan? there are five pills left, I think. Do you mean some other artifact?
Edit; also, Miyamoto has the Friable Wish pills now. if they are the pills.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20903 on: August 10, 2015, 01:33:38 pm »

Typed the wrong name. I meant Amiable Amber, and the post's fixed now.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20904 on: August 10, 2015, 01:38:08 pm »

I think you deserve it more as a longterm player and not a horrible little sneak IC, Baldman.

@Spazyak: a knight from an undeveloped alien-world or abandoned human-world with a C14 level of technology, which will give you lots of opportunities for craziness, who has been kidnapped and sent to the Sword as a joke.
ok that works!
Sir Jackson II, He speaks in a  regal Voice!
stats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Skills:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
can I give my self a -4 to gen knowledge to help better represent being from a midevil world?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20905 on: August 10, 2015, 01:41:08 pm »

If there's one thing that being on my 3.5th character has taught me it's definitely that I'm not cut out for high-power play.

Besides, being a horrible sneak is very fun. I should know, since my entire experience within Cthunkan's plurality has been an exercise of horrible sneakdom.

@Harry: Remember you still have a huge debt and Milno collects, though eight tokens from the debt can be abated if you can find out how Friable Wish works, and whether it's useful for Joker, and give it to Milno. You can even get a token from that (Milno spent 8, Thad spent 2) if you don't expend too many shots trying to figure things out.

Is it the same 18 token debt people remind me about thrice-daily? Because I think I've got that covered already, though if you'd accept Friable Wish ground zero reports (essentially everything we all know OOC, but formalized and made completely IC) as partial payment, that'd be even better. It'd be a fun report to write, that's for sure. Unless you mean Amiable Amber there, which I unfortunately intend to stay very far away from to the limits of my ability.

can I give my self a -4 to gen knowledge to help better represent being from a midevil world?

The -2 will get you killed hard enough, I would say. No need to pile it on.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20906 on: August 10, 2015, 01:42:09 pm »

If there's one thing that being on my 3.5th character has taught me it's definitely that I'm not cut out for high-power play.

Besides, being a horrible sneak is very fun. I should know, since my entire experience within Cthunkan's plurality has been an exercise of horrible sneakdom.

Is it the same 18 token debt people remind me about thrice-daily? Because I think I've got that covered already, though if you'd accept Friable Wish ground zero reports (essentially everything we all know OOC, but formalized and made completely IC) as partial payment, that'd be even better. It'd be a fun report to write, that's for sure. Unless you mean Amiable Amber there, which I unfortunately intend to stay very far away from to the limits of my ability.

The -2 will get you killed hard enough, I would say. No need to pile it on.
ok.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20907 on: August 10, 2015, 01:47:16 pm »

@Harry: Yeah, I meant Amiable Amber. Since you subsumed the owner then it's currently yours.
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20908 on: August 10, 2015, 01:53:35 pm »

Well, the ascension is complete. Now, however, Chief is in unique position to settle the question of the fleshhorror's name once and for all!

...What do you want to be called now?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20909 on: August 10, 2015, 01:57:36 pm »

@Harry: Yeah, I meant Amiable Amber. Since you subsumed the owner then it's currently yours.

Aw. So the skinny on Friable Wish isn't legal tender, I assume?

Well, the ascension is complete. Now, however, Chief is in unique position to settle the question of the fleshhorror's name once and for all!

...What do you want to be called now?

Cthunkan's the name I picked, I think I'll stick with it. Might invent something else along the way.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:59:19 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 [1394] 1395 1396 ... 2205