Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1390 1391 [1392] 1393 1394 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489421 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20865 on: August 08, 2015, 02:26:38 pm »

Does Duncan still exist or is it only Chief now?
duncan and chief.
But NJW seems to post relatively infrequently, giving Harry de facto control.

I'd like it if PW gave someting like an itemized list of what transfered into Cthunkan from the various persons beforehand. I'd suggest that things like tokens and possessions not carried on the body at the time of merger would not be inherited from the two who were initially subsumed, simply because they were never really part of the gestalt, but were killed and consumed by it. Cthunkan could inherit from those who were actually alive as part of the entity though (this includes Thaddeus' debt, Harry - 18 tokens) I also think that if robot bodies were left behind in the merger, non-biological enhancements like cam-eyes and amps would also be left behind.

That' how I'd probably play it, anyway, but I'm not the GM.

that was fun, now to be serious and make a nice, regular, non  psychopathic or Killy character.
I honestly can't say I am displeased by the outcome, but I do hope you enjoy your next character, and have lots of interesting experiences. Hopefully your next will at least make it onto a mission :P

"On a side note, how -does- everyone feel about helping some gangs in exchange for bodies? We take rival gang members and once the gangs are powerful enough, they'll owe us bodies?" He pauses a second. "Of course, we'd need to find a gang that isn't lawless, internally, and holds themselves to an honor system."
I think this is a bad plan. I think a direct exchange like this would expose us very quickly, would make us heavily dependent on a particular gang or set of gangs, would increase gang warfare, and therefore attention from the authorities, and finally, would be very limited in effectiveness. It would take years for a few "friendly" gangs to bring us more than a few dozen of their enemies. I think subtle is better. if we can find a way for criminals to come willingly to our processing areas, great. Otherwise, another option is preferable.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:20:29 pm by Ozarck »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20866 on: August 08, 2015, 09:12:32 pm »

NO! Permission denied, Morul. I... have my reasons, but I don't like those "bubbles" as you described them.

Think about this way: If we lose you out there, no one can come help you there; let us first discern the anomalies nature here in realspace and then consider poking their shadows in voidspace. Especially since we might have a survivor to tell us about them.

Oh Nikitan you cheeky bugger, are you keeping secrets?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20867 on: August 08, 2015, 09:23:33 pm »

Nope. Well, I do, but not in the case of this mission; not giving out everything I have to the troopers under my command means dooming them in case that "secret" bit ever becomes relevant.

It's just a strong OOC hunch/IC hypothesis. Because, among other things, I can all too easily see Piecewise not giving him a second warning (he was kind enough to give one!) and simply rolling the black die (or even skipping the rolling and going straight for the kill).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20868 on: August 08, 2015, 09:52:49 pm »

Well now that I got my craziness out and fully understand how everything works.
New char sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #20869 on: August 09, 2015, 12:24:33 am »

You need more than the attributes to get wiki'd.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #20870 on: August 09, 2015, 02:53:31 am »

New char sheet

You still have something to figure out, I'd say, if you think the numerical stats and skills are the only things that make a character.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20871 on: August 09, 2015, 02:55:48 am »

I'd be worried about that -2 general knowledge. Might get ya killed.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20872 on: August 09, 2015, 08:39:25 am »

Like grenade time.

[Gen:2]  You pull the pin, throw it, and drop the grenade.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20873 on: August 09, 2015, 08:52:23 am »

New char sheet

You still have something to figure out, I'd say, if you think the numerical stats and skills are the only things that make a character.
I was just getting those down I'll work on back story and stuff today
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20874 on: August 09, 2015, 09:18:19 am »

Like grenade time.

[Gen:2]  You pull the pin, throw it, and drop the grenade.
Or perhaps "You put the bomb down by the vault door and arm the remote detonator. You then sprint 50 meters back down the corridor, turn a corner, and cover your ears to protect yourself from the kiloton nuke you're setting off."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20875 on: August 09, 2015, 11:29:42 am »

@Mission 23: You could go the "Scooby Doo villain" route. Disguise yourselves as a monster and start abducting people. Spread rumors that ghosts, genestealers or other things likely to be considered urban legends are responsible.

If you're lucky, the UWM will send HMRC loyalists to deal with it, probably resulting in a manipulator overload. Then you'd just have to pose as medics or relief workers and  abduct the injured while saying they died.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20876 on: August 09, 2015, 11:31:54 am »

Do you really think that with Steve in charge, there are any HMRC loyalists?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20877 on: August 09, 2015, 01:21:56 pm »

Steve did say he "created" the HMRC, so ... probably not. Nah, this hive world would send their civic deefnder levelr beat cops, then heir military level civic defenders, then their AoP level military, then their AoPs. Then their Titans.

If it gets that far, we've already won on this world, and significantly strained the UWM's resources, and the process can be repeated somewhere else.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20878 on: August 09, 2015, 02:07:13 pm »

What I was getting at was the fact that Steve could just shock any loyalists to death because implants.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20879 on: August 09, 2015, 02:40:05 pm »

I meant the HMRC equivalent for the UWM after the rebellion, unless they have nothing like that.

Although if you manage to covert the planet, that would be fun. "Hey Steve, how many people did you say you need again? Because we just got you a planetload of them." Just got to start spreading the message of anarcho-syndicalism transhumanism/Stevism.
Pages: 1 ... 1390 1391 [1392] 1393 1394 ... 2205