Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1386 1387 [1388] 1389 1390 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490612 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20805 on: August 05, 2015, 02:34:24 pm »

A "Token" is a physical form of currency which can be lent, stolen, or traded.
Upon any given tokens accidental destruction its last owner, rightful or otherwise, is credited 1 electronic token which may be redeemed for a physical version at the current owners earliest convenience.

Personally im against outlawing inheritence outright, im all for players bequething their possessions to specific surviving squadmates, i just dont like the idea of handing your gear down to yourself and starting with an unfair advantage compared to the other fresh spawns.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20806 on: August 05, 2015, 02:47:24 pm »

As soon as someone tries to sibling farm, PW and/or Nyars will start kneecapping fools so hard that you'd hear a sonic boom.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20807 on: August 05, 2015, 03:12:06 pm »

I agree with the general anti-inheritance stance. As with many things, I only mention it because it's something PW has mentioned in passing as a 'feature' of the new private rooms, and then never clarified for us.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20808 on: August 05, 2015, 03:15:52 pm »

Ok, no inheritance unless it's from debt to another player. Noted.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20809 on: August 05, 2015, 03:25:17 pm »

I'm fine with wills as long as they aren't willed to your own future character.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20810 on: August 05, 2015, 03:32:49 pm »

I'm fine with wills as long as they aren't willed to your own future character.
This is my opinion as well. However in case of gestalt entity the one who remains should have all i nventory it's original parts had. Because to outsiders there's no way to know if any of original parts still exists or even really existed in first place. So Team Fund claiming Thad's non-existant tokens is meta as fuck.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20811 on: August 05, 2015, 03:41:33 pm »

The team fund isn't claiming his stuff, was talking about the general ('normal') case. Even then, Steve saw the whole thing, so there's good chance he could figure out what happened, and tell Miya. Even so, I'm not gonna interfere here except for having confiscated those pills.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20812 on: August 05, 2015, 03:45:33 pm »

Talking about Steve, what happened to their shock implants? As far as we know the gestalt thing only took fleshy bits and left mechanical ones. Does it/they have any shock implants? Steve isn't making any fuss about it so they probably have at least one. Whose? Henk's?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20813 on: August 05, 2015, 05:20:05 pm »

Talking about Steve, what happened to their shock implants? As far as we know the gestalt thing only took fleshy bits and left mechanical ones. Does it/they have any shock implants? Steve isn't making any fuss about it so they probably have at least one. Whose? Henk's?
They have what, four -no, six of them now? A big pulse electric pulse to a suitably big brain, I say! :P

Also, yep, I think the inheritance has been settled a while ago. Anyway, I am still eager to wait for players to form Magister-like two- or three-family unions, where living friends inherit the stuff and then pass on to the new characters. Still very meta unless done very right, but hey, I derive aesthetic and intellectual pleasure from figuring out clever solutions to loopholes like these.
(Disclaimer: I haven't done it myself, I don't intend to, and I don't encourage doing it. If by doing so you cause all standing inheritance rules to be retracted, including written will, I will be very sad, and my character might have IC justification to shank you visit fair judgement upon you, because he cares about his friends and is among the few to make actual last will. Smoking isn't cool kids, don't do it!)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20814 on: August 05, 2015, 09:04:25 pm »

Ice-9 lives!  :D

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20815 on: August 05, 2015, 09:06:30 pm »

Oh shit. Well, you Hephaestus people wanted some level-ups, right?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20816 on: August 05, 2015, 10:06:12 pm »

Umm.. shouldn't it be an intuition roll to try and anticipate your enemies movements, Lenglon?  That seems like trying to move both before and after the AoP.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20817 on: August 05, 2015, 10:29:58 pm »

Umm.. shouldn't it be an intuition roll to try and anticipate your enemies movements, Lenglon?  That seems like trying to move both before and after the AoP.
I have different actions for before and after it moves.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20818 on: August 05, 2015, 10:32:37 pm »

Better hope you aren't penalized for that, then.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20819 on: August 05, 2015, 10:59:21 pm »

That is my hope, yes.
Pages: 1 ... 1386 1387 [1388] 1389 1390 ... 2205