Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1385 1386 [1387] 1388 1389 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491042 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20790 on: August 05, 2015, 01:59:45 pm »

I'll never understand the desire to make everything complicated.

Then tell us what it should be, according to you, for it to be simple yet unambiguous?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20791 on: August 05, 2015, 02:01:33 pm »

It's more that Miya decided that tokens go to the fund upon death, and he ought to have the position to have it be the rule. Of course, Steve can always overrule him, so you can always ask. Next to that, I also have mentioned before that having a will means you can indeed leave stuff to people (Miya won't then take those tokens/equipment anyway, even though he probably could) instead of to the fund, but that needs to be 'made public' beforehand in some way. Or Steve/Miya need to know about it beforehand at least (so no telling who should get what in ooc after char death).
Good to know. If Petra survives and makes it back, she will inform Miya that if she dies, all of her salvageable equipment and tokens go to her sibling that will be immediately taken out of stasis.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20792 on: August 05, 2015, 02:05:17 pm »

It's more that Miya decided that tokens go to the fund upon death, and he ought to have the position to have it be the rule. Of course, Steve can always overrule him, so you can always ask. Next to that, I also have mentioned before that having a will means you can indeed leave stuff to people (Miya won't then take those tokens/equipment anyway, even though he probably could) instead of to the fund, but that needs to be 'made public' beforehand in some way. Or Steve/Miya need to know about it beforehand at least (so no telling who should get what in ooc after char death).
Good to know. If Petra survives and makes it back, she will inform Miya that if she dies, all of her salvageable equipment and tokens go to her sibling that will be immediately taken out of stasis.

How would she know she has a sibling in stasis? Next tot that, that's rather obvious meta.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20793 on: August 05, 2015, 02:06:39 pm »

Then tell us what it should be, according to you, for it to be simple yet unambiguous?
When you die your tokens are forfeit, flesh-Voltron being a possible exception since the component people did not "die".
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20794 on: August 05, 2015, 02:07:42 pm »

How would she know she has a sibling in stasis? Next tot that, that's rather obvious meta.
She and her sister were both taken off. She had other siblings of age. It stands to reason that she and her sister weren't the only ones.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20795 on: August 05, 2015, 02:08:01 pm »

When you die your tokens are forfeit, flesh-Voltron being a possible exception since the component people did not "die".

So, they cannot be looted from your body? And they have no physical manifestation? Or do they loose their value on char death? And so you cannot steal tokens from a character?

She and her sister were both taken off. She had other siblings of age. It stands to reason that she and her sister weren't the only ones.

Still, obvious meta. And it might lead to people claiming their whole extensive family was taken so they can keep their stuff over multiple characters, and that's probably not what we want.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 02:13:47 pm by Radio Controlled »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20796 on: August 05, 2015, 02:12:19 pm »

So, they cannot be looted from your body? And they have no physical manifestation? Or do they loose their value on char death? And so you cannot steal tokens from a character?
I'll just answer "yes". It's book-keeping. Don't make it any more complicated than it needs to be.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20797 on: August 05, 2015, 02:14:50 pm »

Ihate to agree with radio but i really dont know about the whole "leaving possessions to your next character" lark.

I mean i did it waaay back when i started, but my character died before even getting to a mission briefing and even then i only took my previous characters "bat-helmet" and left the rest of my gear to be reclaimed by the Armory Master.

Just feels cheap to me if new characters suddenly start popping up with 10 tokens, a mkII and a half empty laser rifle before they even exit the stasis room.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20798 on: August 05, 2015, 02:15:40 pm »

I'll just answer "yes". It's book-keeping. Don't make it any more complicated than it needs to be.

It does matter somewhat, cause it defines what things you can and cannot do with them. If they're incorporeal, you cannot, say, try to steal them from teammates, thus limiting game options. Not saying it's bad that this would become impossible, just that one needs to know so he can know what is and isn't possible in-game.

Ihate to agree with radio but i really dont know about the whole "leaving possessions to your next character" lark.

I mean i did it waaay back when i started, but my character died before even getting to a mission briefing and even then i only took my previous characters "bat-helmet" and left the rest of my gear to be reclaimed by the Armory Master.

Just feels cheap to me if new characters suddenly start popping up with 10 tokens, a mkII and a half empty laser rifle before they even exit the stasis room.

Love you to baby <3

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20799 on: August 05, 2015, 02:19:45 pm »

Fair point. Also, Petra doesn't know that she can leave a will, so there's that. If she does find out, she's doing that, but otherwise it would be meta-gamey to do so.
Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20800 on: August 05, 2015, 02:22:45 pm »

I say you ought to outlaw inheritance on grounds of cheapness since having an unending stream of convicted next of kin is far too cheesy to permit.

And also once you guys figure out what a token is it might be good to put that on the wiki someplace so nobody has to look for references in the OOC thread later.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20801 on: August 05, 2015, 02:25:04 pm »

Yeah, but I didn't want to forbid people from leaving stuff to other chars in case one, for example, wants to say person B can have his stuff on death in exchange for a token loan. Maybe we'll limit it to leaving things to chars not currently in stasis?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20802 on: August 05, 2015, 02:26:48 pm »

I think everybody should get one. And when they inevitably fail, Steve decides your genetic line isn't worth it and incinerates the rest of your in-stasis relatives.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20803 on: August 05, 2015, 02:28:53 pm »

Yeah, but I didn't want to forbid people from leaving stuff to other chars in case one, for example, wants to say person B can have his stuff on death in exchange for a token loan. Maybe we'll limit it to leaving things to chars not currently in stasis?

Ah, good point. I would indeed agree that only purely hypothetical individuals should be disallowed to inherit anything.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20804 on: August 05, 2015, 02:30:35 pm »

And so Cthunkan willingly weakens itself for no obvious reason. Long live Cthunkan. :P
I'm waiting for PW to drop the other shoe of 'you now get 1.5 mental levelups per mission. Have fun!'

(The remaining minds no longer have a strong Con or Aux score to work with. For their next trick, they will remove either their ability to use Exo, Uncon or med competently, some of their general knowledge of the world, or their ability to use Aux without it blowing up in their face.

At least their handiwork score is safe. For now. Assuming two of them don't die off next turn. )
med and exo, then I'm probably going to be better off but I don't trust in that enough.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1385 1386 [1387] 1388 1389 ... 2205