Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491338 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20775 on: August 05, 2015, 12:41:06 pm »

It's not about power, though: mostly they just want their freedom to act back, I think. I could see the merging working for some combinations of people (for example, I think I'm pretty mellow and could get along with Harry if I was part of the entity), but the people locked in are too different - and too many -for it to work as-is.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20776 on: August 05, 2015, 12:41:58 pm »

To be honest, I probably would've had Petra just give up even if mentally she'd survived.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20777 on: August 05, 2015, 12:49:23 pm »

And so Cthunkan willingly weakens itself for no obvious reason. Long live Cthunkan. :P
I'm waiting for PW to drop the other shoe of 'you now get 1.5 mental levelups per mission. Have fun!'

(The remaining minds no longer have a strong Con or Aux score to work with. For their next trick, they will remove either their ability to use Exo, Uncon or med competently, some of their general knowledge of the world, or their ability to use Aux without it blowing up in their face.

At least their handiwork score is safe. For now. Assuming two of them don't die off next turn. )
But it wasn't their strength they lost, was it? If you have an alien parasite in your mind that sometimes takes control of you and fights like a kung-fu master to further its agenda, does that make you a kung-fu master?

I think that's the problem. Since they couldn't reach an agreement, they treated the others like that and decided eliminating them is better than trying to share their body with them, having to mentally fight to do things and potentially end up doing things they don't want.

When only one remains, he's going to have a load of tokens, a powerful and strong body, 9 missions' worth of stats and 10 skills per levelup. He'd be one of the most powerful players in game and could quickly become even more powerful, especially if they get something like IVAN treatment and good BS-grade armour (which they could probably mount on their skin).

And more importantly, he's going to have nobody to tell him what to do, nobody to fight for control. He'll be free.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20778 on: August 05, 2015, 01:12:29 pm »

I wonder if arbiters of peace are vulnerable to glowy green anti-electronics space magicky skull things?

I mean, Arbiters are synthetics... and it did pacman my pda into inoperability...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20779 on: August 05, 2015, 01:17:14 pm »

That could be a really strong counter to them. Or it would warp them because space magic and make it worse somehow
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20780 on: August 05, 2015, 01:20:56 pm »

I think the "best" part is that the Arbiter isn't even the worst thing, lol. We still haven't found the mindfuck-pulse generator.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20781 on: August 05, 2015, 01:27:29 pm »

If we're lucky it's somewhere down there.
Or someone could do what Flint suggested and search for where that container came from and try to find similar containers and where they ended up.

Now that I think about it, Miyamoto could just order a sod to go look for the records in the warehouse. There was a record requesting for the crate to be moved down there, maybe there are more records doing the same.
Could also check who authorized that order. If they were traitors working with the UWM, there could be evidence in their personal quarters or offices.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20782 on: August 05, 2015, 01:32:36 pm »

I wonder if a sod with the Renen treatment could be a match for an Arbiter. After all, whoever it was who got themselves immortalized in an Arbiter was probably a proto-sod themselves (like that sniper fellow who invented the LESHO rifle, you know?).

Also, was there a particular reason why sods can't be made more intelligent? Does it diminish their combat capabilities or something?

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20783 on: August 05, 2015, 01:35:34 pm »

When only one remains, he's going to have a load of tokens, a powerful and strong body, 9 missions' worth of stats and 10 skills per levelup. He'd be one of the most powerful players in game and could quickly become even more powerful, especially if they get something like IVAN treatment and good BS-grade armour (which they could probably mount on their skin).

And more importantly, he's going to have nobody to tell him what to do, nobody to fight for control. He'll be free.
Yes, but that's less *interesting*. And seriously, PW gave them the tools to be independent in an very interesting way, and they've pretty much ignored them. Not that I can really blame them :P

Mostly I doubt they're going to keep that juicy doubled levelup if they continue shearing off parts, and knowing PW he has other ways setup to punish them for it as well

(( The token count is also... debatable. We need to hash out with PW how the inheritance system works, cause it honestly throws a wrench into a lot of things, and especially the state of Cthunkan's inventory. Namely, how explicitly do we have to lay things out for it? For example, I *assume* that all my tokens are in the trunk, because my character has no reason to carry them around for multiple reasons. I've never said this IC, it isn't spelled out on my sheet particularly well, (the only indication is that it isn't included in mission inventories) but it's always been my view of it. Do my tokens, therefore, always go to my next character, no matter how my current one dies? (so long as I choose to take them)

There are many more examples, but since you brought up Cthunkan's high token count, I felt the need to point out that he may not have *any* tokens. And that's before you include Milno's threat that it pay for Thaddeus' debt :P ))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20784 on: August 05, 2015, 01:38:34 pm »

Anita never actually used her tokens, so there would actually be no reason for her to carry any around except that 1 extra she got from being a test subject, too.

Or is it just assumed that since they ate her mind they know her room number and password and could get into her room to take the other 5?

EDIT: Wrong character name
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:40:56 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20785 on: August 05, 2015, 01:40:12 pm »

Petra never actually used her tokens, so there would actually be no reason for her to carry any around except that 1 extra she got from being a test subject, too.

Or is it just assumed that since they ate her mind they know her room number and password and could get into her room to take the other 5?

If they had your memory, they'd have your skills accessible, I'd hope. But that's still a question that can only be answered by PW or a die roll.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20786 on: August 05, 2015, 01:41:09 pm »

Tokens are virtual money normally, and go to the team fund upon char death. Though you can, say, steal a token from someone if they carry them on their person, far as I know you do keep your tokens even if you are reduced to a head and nothing more, so I think most chars just keep their tokens on a virtual bank account of sorts. Would make most sense really, and that's how the money of the team fund is handled (was confirmed by pw, there's no vault with 'team fund money, stay off' to heist or anything).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20787 on: August 05, 2015, 01:43:27 pm »

Tokens are virtual money normally, and go to the team fund upon char death. Though you can, say, steal a token from someone if they carry them on their person, far as I know you do keep your tokens even if you are reduced to a head and nothing more, so I think most chars just keep their tokens on a virtual bank account of sorts. Would make most sense really, and that's how the money of the team fund is handled (was confirmed by pw, there's no vault with 'team fund money, stay off' to heist or anything).

Can you link for where PW has explicitly confirmed that tokens after death go to the team fund without exception? Just for clarity, cause it's gone back and forth and I've never seen a consensus on what happens from the skull's mouth.

Cause I mean, they've been described in a few dozen ways... The most solid description I have of them is that they are small plastic disks, and that their 'value', such as it is, is a representation of Steve's trust in you, which you can exchange for weapons, hide in a mattress, and do anything else you might like to do with coins. Some things have been assumed about them (such as, since Steve hands them out and they have no real value, he can easily remember how much any given person had and therefore there is no reason for there to be a physical item) but I've lost track of what *PW* has said about them.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:46:52 pm by Kriellya »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20788 on: August 05, 2015, 01:57:50 pm »

It's more that Miya decided that tokens go to the fund upon death, and he ought to have the position to have it be the rule. Of course, Steve can always overrule him, so you can always ask. Next to that, I also have mentioned before that having a will means you can indeed leave stuff to people (Miya won't then take those tokens/equipment anyway, even though he probably could) instead of to the fund, but that needs to be 'made public' beforehand in some way. Or Steve/Miya need to know about it beforehand at least (so no telling who should get what in ooc after char death).

As for what 'exactly' tokens are, you'd have to ask pw, cause he has said different things about it, so I dunno for sure; I do know that, when I asked if the fund's money had to be protected or if it could just be assumed to be available but not physical (aka virtual bank account of sorts) he told me the latter was ok.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20789 on: August 05, 2015, 01:58:56 pm »

I'll never understand the desire to make everything complicated.

Pages: 1 ... 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 ... 2205