Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1383 1384 [1385] 1386 1387 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491503 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20760 on: August 04, 2015, 12:30:49 am »

The shock chip is the one that does that - so technically any of us apart from Nik could become an avatar of Steve.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20761 on: August 04, 2015, 12:56:15 am »

Actually im pretty sure that the "Avatar of Steve" was a program written for the man machine interface.

So yeah...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20762 on: August 04, 2015, 01:35:42 am »

Problem with the Avatar of Steve idea:

1) Unless there was some sort of announcement, Lars has no IC knowledge of it
2) I don't know what kind of shape Lars is even in

That said, he'd be totally down with the idea if there was no better option.

Miya knows.

I think Steve's remote control chip was installed in everyone's brain at some point of time. Sounds like you would know if something like that happened.

Not really, it's supposed to be a secret for the regular trooper iirc.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20763 on: August 04, 2015, 08:05:24 am »

I realize OOC != IC, but I can assure you Lars would be okay with Steve doing it first and asking permission later.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20764 on: August 04, 2015, 11:19:16 am »

Hehe, I just thought of something crazy enough to work. The AoP can use amps. That must mean that it has an amp-compatible mind. And Lars has a Neural Connector. I know it's a long shot, but maybe it uses an electrochemichal system for its brain instead of a purely electrical or maybe the neural connector can affect electric things in order to stimulate nerves or maybe the resemblance between its brain and a human brain is enough to make the amp's magic work on it. Meaning that Lars could just try to mind control it, slow it down or make it stumble just for a second or maybe just prevent it from using its amp. Especially if Steve decides to take control of him and adds his willpower and exotic skill to Lars'. It would certainly be the cleanest way to end the fight.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #20765 on: August 04, 2015, 11:22:02 am »

Hehe, I just thought of something crazy enough to work. The AoP can use amps. That must mean that it has an amp-compatible mind. And Lars has a Neural Connector. I know it's a long shot, but maybe it uses an electrochemichal system for its brain instead of a purely electrical or maybe the neural connector can affect electric things in order to stimulate nerves or maybe the resemblance between its brain and a human brain is enough to make the amp's magic work on it. Meaning that Lars could just try to mind control it, slow it down or make it stumble just for a second or maybe just prevent it from using its amp. Especially if Steve decides to take control of him and adds his willpower and exotic skill to Lars'. It would certainly be the cleanest way to end the fight.

Best case scenario: Steve assumes permanent control over AoP through Lars
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20766 on: August 04, 2015, 11:22:48 am »

Option 2: Lars uploads himself into Arbiter by mistake, arbiter uploads into him, and starts firing nuclear shells
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20767 on: August 04, 2015, 11:23:04 am »

It uses automanips, far as I know.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20768 on: August 04, 2015, 11:26:57 am »

It uses automanips, far as I know.
Was that ever stated or even hinted?
And can't Automanips can only do one thing? If he had many of them (or a larger one) to do multiple things, he would be more bulky.
Even if he uses automanips, that just makes him even more vulnerable, because you can just attempt to completely annihilate the neural tissue inside the automanipulator or its battery and leave him with no usable automanipulator.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20769 on: August 04, 2015, 12:02:10 pm »

Lars has the weaker mind amp* so it's less control and more suggestions and passive reading.  He could try to distract him, but I don't see that ending well.

*At first he had the stronger one, but the respec meant something had to give, and that was it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20770 on: August 04, 2015, 12:43:26 pm »

Arbiters' space magic is funny one. It was stated that clones cannot use space magic and arbiters' brains are non-organic carbon copies of brain of one man. They shouldn't be able to use amps. Maybe they have built in field manipulators instead? And they interface with that? Maybe it is old style manip that takes less space?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20771 on: August 05, 2015, 12:08:48 pm »

Well fuck. That sucks. Time for a new character.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20772 on: August 05, 2015, 12:14:18 pm »

I imagine there's gonna be a lot of fresh meat after this batch of missions.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20773 on: August 05, 2015, 12:18:33 pm »

I imagine there's gonna be a lot of fresh meat after this batch of missions.
Judging from the Hephaestus turn, we might have some more dead bodies from unexpected sources. And maybe a new anomaly mission in familiar places next round. Or maybe just some levelups for Hephaestus, if they handle it well.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20774 on: August 05, 2015, 12:36:45 pm »

And so Cthunkan willingly weakens itself for no obvious reason. Long live Cthunkan. :P
I'm waiting for PW to drop the other shoe of 'you now get 1.5 mental levelups per mission. Have fun!'

(The remaining minds no longer have a strong Con or Aux score to work with. For their next trick, they will remove either their ability to use Exo, Uncon or med competently, some of their general knowledge of the world, or their ability to use Aux without it blowing up in their face.

At least their handiwork score is safe. For now. Assuming two of them don't die off next turn. )
Pages: 1 ... 1383 1384 [1385] 1386 1387 ... 2205