Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1379 1380 [1381] 1382 1383 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491667 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20700 on: August 03, 2015, 07:09:20 am »

you guys are screwed
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20701 on: August 03, 2015, 07:11:04 am »

So. Lars walks over to the Container. It's quite a large thing, at least as tall as he is and twice as wide, maybe 4-5 times that in length.

There's a large hole in the shipping container, and something slips out of it with unnatural smoothness, like an insect emerging from a chrysalis, and unfolds into its full height. It's thin, humanoid in shape, skeletal black carapace and metallic bones, abnormally tall.
You know, as impressive as an AoP is, I don't think this one filled that ~6'x12'x48'-60' container all by his lonesome ...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20702 on: August 03, 2015, 07:19:23 am »

You know, as impressive as an AoP is, I don't think this one filled that ~6'x12'x48'-60' container all by his lonesome ...

Arbiters of Peace fly business class.

Though that is a good point. Maybe it's guarding the leavening apparatus. Can't think of a better place to put it, really. This would, however, probably mean that the overload is going to trash it completely.

I also wonder why one would think that somehow ARM operatives are the only people capable of running away really fast from a manipulator overload.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:32:21 am by Harry Baldman »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20703 on: August 03, 2015, 07:37:26 am »

Holy shit, I just got a brainstorm! Since Lyra is currently invisible, the AOP can't defend against her unless it can detect her somehow or dodge amp usage by a cloaked enemy. See the problem with AOPs is their exteme speed and bullet-time abilities(and that nasty club) right? Well if Lyra can amp-lift the guy into the air for even just a few seconds, we can unload upon him with overwhelming force and hopefully take him down.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20704 on: August 03, 2015, 07:44:39 am »

It's almost as if Piecewise wanted you to be able to defeat it...

My advice is to send someone expendable into the crate if you kill it. And back away. A lot.
One wheel short of a wagon

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20705 on: August 03, 2015, 07:55:23 am »

Holy shit, I just got a brainstorm! Since Lyra is currently invisible, the AOP can't defend against her unless it can detect her somehow or dodge amp usage by a cloaked enemy. See the problem with AOPs is their exteme speed and bullet-time abilities(and that nasty club) right? Well if Lyra can amp-lift the guy into the air for even just a few seconds, we can unload upon him with overwhelming force and hopefully take him down.

That's a relatively brilliant idea. Now you just need to not be nuked and space-godded (neither of which would have likely worked on an alert AoP to begin with) in order to use it. Although the AoP may in fact have sensors for things that humans don't perceive. If it can see into the infrared spectrum, which is a perfectly reasonable thing for a robot to see in, it might still not work.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:59:21 am by Harry Baldman »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20706 on: August 03, 2015, 07:57:08 am »

That's a relatively brilliant idea. Now you just need to not be nuked and space-godded (neither of which would have likely worked on an alert AoP to begin with) in order to use it.

Already alerted the team to the idea, so hopefully PW won't update before they get a chance to change their actions
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20707 on: August 03, 2015, 08:14:06 am »

Problem is both Plan Nukerload and Plan Airblast hinge on Lyra's action, and Lenglon is AFK.  I hate making such a choice alone for someone else's character, so I'll take the opinion of others.

Plan Nukerload:

Pro:  High chance of dealing with the Arbiter.  Will almost certainly break whatever is killing the colony, assuming it's right there.

Con: High chance of killing Team Deep.  Nonzero chance of killing Team Shallow.   Will almost certainly render the colony killer unidentifiable, meaning no research value.

Plan Airblast:

Pro:  No friendly fire.  If successful, leaves us with a damaged enemy for the reinforcements to help deal with.

Con:  Low chance of killing it outright.  If it fails, retribution will be painful.

Keep in mind anyone fleshy is probably about to be shredded by those crowdwire gloves.  Lars has the heaviest weapons for dealing with the Arbiter (Shard Launcher I'm looking at you) but his condition is uncertain.  The Raduga I don't expect to be much help here unless it's already crippled.

I am tentatively leaning toward Plan Airblast, but Lars is still going to be activating the Glory Device if he can.  Thoughts?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20708 on: August 03, 2015, 08:16:23 am »

Maybe use Plan Airblast first, then plan Nukerload?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20709 on: August 03, 2015, 08:27:41 am »

Airblast seems like it could actually work. I'm fairly certain the Arbiter could run away from the overload and kill everyone on the way without that much effort. Thing is fast, you know. Not so sure about it dodging the nuke, though, even if I wouldn't eliminate the possibility of it making it out okay even when everyone else on the floor dies.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20710 on: August 03, 2015, 08:29:00 am »

Remember, like PW said, someone can offer to temporarily offer to become an avatar of Steve.
They probably won't survive the experience but it is an option.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20711 on: August 03, 2015, 08:33:53 am »

Whoever has the highest Endurance that is still alive if both plans fail should do it. Nothing to lose, if that AoP is still alive you're dead anyway.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20712 on: August 03, 2015, 08:38:44 am »

If you can hold on for one turn, I'll get down there and extract you. My distraction will hopefully keep it occupied long enough for you to escape. And if we get lucky it might end up killing it.
Just holding off posting my action to see if anyone has anything better to say.

So I think it might be better to just hold off on risking destroying structural supports for now and instead just distract it, retreat and break apart a bit so that you aren't taken out by a single shockwave. Lyra can move quickly and quietly so she can just run to a corner where she's unlikely to be targeted and use her abilities.

Although I believe Lenglon will be back before piecewise updates, since she said a week last... Tuesday so that means that she should be returning sometime this week. So it might be better to just let her decide for herself, since piecewise usually takes a few days to update.

Irrelevant, someone with cameyes could check what's in the booooox.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20713 on: August 03, 2015, 10:11:35 am »

Everyone with a robo or synth body should say "fuck it" and shoot themselves in the face then play dead while the fleshies flee in terror.

If your lucky it might give chase and leave the crate unguarded.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20714 on: August 03, 2015, 10:26:14 am »

The mission title is now called Hero Killer, maybe it only kills heroes. EVERYONE PUNCH A BABY!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 1379 1380 [1381] 1382 1383 ... 2205