Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1365 1366 [1367] 1368 1369 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496111 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20490 on: July 24, 2015, 11:24:21 am »

Details, details!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20491 on: July 24, 2015, 11:47:54 am »

And here I thought both genemods and robo-enhancements were up to 2x[End/Mind] limit (with +0 counting as 0.5, i.e. sufficient grounds for a single mod). Huh, on second glance, wiki wording is uncertain on the matter, but I recall that formula from original Piecewise's updated armory list.

Can we even combine the genemods and robo-enhancements? I thought this was prohibited or at least more or less impossible (robo-implants need a brain-case, while genemods need an organic body to use, so no brain-in-jars). Or very, very tricky and likely to call Nyars-bat-strike upon your knees.

Now see what exactly made the new gauss rifle rapid-firing and if it can easily be implemented in the older versions.
Since when do we have any new gauss/laser rifle designs, especially with gauss rifles capable of rapid fire (i.e. not one shot per ~1.5 sec)? Or are the ones studied by Milno the 'modern' UWM tech we've encountered occasionally (still hopelessly outclassed by modern ARM tech)?

If this is General-level Top Secret or Black-Ops stuff, never mind. :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20492 on: July 24, 2015, 12:05:04 pm »

It's modern UWM tech, found during the boarding part of Hephaestus Defense. I want to know whether the new gauss rifle model uses the same rapid-fire system as the sybilus or if it's more convenient/cheaper.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20493 on: July 24, 2015, 12:14:44 pm »

It's modern UWM tech, found during the boarding part of Hephaestus Defense. I want to know whether the new gauss rifle model uses the same rapid-fire system as the sybilus or if it's more convenient/cheaper.
Ah, sure. Yeah, it might actually be interesting if there was some technical trick they discovered and made use of which we somehow missed.

Also, is it just me, or is that "State your unit and your commander" the least trustworthy challenge for identification out there? Sure, we all know UWM are incompetent, but that still feels like the most basic trick in the book - and, worst of all, if that is actually a Son, apparently they'd rather eliminate any witnesses that don't reply correctly, so the correct answer for police ("W-what are you talking about? Oh God please don't kill me") is mutually exclusive with the correct answer for Sons. That's one very bad security design, I'd say.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20494 on: July 24, 2015, 12:54:44 pm »

Or maybe Very Bad Things have happened and it's the military and they know we're ARM.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20495 on: July 24, 2015, 12:58:13 pm »

M23 really should have said "Miyamoto" instead of blaring out Steve's name.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20496 on: July 24, 2015, 01:01:57 pm »

But Miya is not in charge of this mission and Steve is a far more generic name.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #20497 on: July 24, 2015, 01:36:39 pm »

You're forgetting that whoever it is might actually have a very twisted sense of humour.

ROBO-BODY AND SYNTH FLESH ADD-ONS
Note: Robot body and Synthflesh Add-ons require Int to use. At 0 Int, you can have up to 1 implant without side effects. At +1 you can have up to 2, and so on. If you go over the total your Int limit would allow,  it will cause you to have to complete two rolls when using add-ons. The first for seeing if you can actually activate the system correctly, the second for the intended use. Note, not all add-ons are compatible with each other.

Gene mods: These are essentially the same as the robotic modifications but they use END instead of INT for determining the number of mods a body can withstand.
I'd say that means that you get 5 for +4 and 0 for -1.

Also, there's no reason to not have both genemods and synthmods. You just put the synthmods on your synthetic limbs. For example, Flint could get enhanced mobility feet for his synthetic legs (but there is no reason to do so) and still keep his genemods. Someone else could opt to replace their arm so they can hide a monoatomic/force blade in it but still have a poison gland installed in their head.

Think about the body like a series of slots for equipment. Having part of your body be synthetic means that that equipment slot can now only accept synthmods and cannot accept genemods.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20498 on: July 24, 2015, 01:38:49 pm »

For one Steve very likely was not called Steve by the UWM. Then, point number two is Steve probably wasn't called Steve because there are a lot of people named Steve, Steven, Stephen, or another variation of that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20499 on: July 24, 2015, 02:12:10 pm »

But Steve has that funny aversion towards his name being mentioned. And Miyamoto is your commander.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20500 on: July 24, 2015, 02:12:58 pm »

We're on Joker team, so shouldn't the commander be Milno?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20501 on: July 24, 2015, 02:22:56 pm »

Milno would work as well, both are names that are not really known outside of ARM. But Steve was known as Steve since beginning of its life.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20502 on: July 24, 2015, 02:32:33 pm »

We're on Joker team, so shouldn't the commander be Milno?
>... we've appropriated a freight ship and we're gonna stick you in a container; with any luck you'll make it through customs and the Sons will pick you up from there. So if you're ready, get dress in one of our complementary space suits and get in the storage container over there. ...
If anyone asks, you're just poor migrants who wanted to get to the hustling bustling land of opportunity. I'm sure they'll find you a nice sweatshop to work in and we can take it from there.

((one container, don't mention steve))
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Ops_Manual
specifically,  Common sense again: do not have your character break cover during a stealth mission because you saw a shiny, do not go around mentioning Steve and the Sword. There are simple things you can gather from the scenario itself, no specific orders necessary;

Hey, adwarf. Don't mention Steve! Also, Jesse is one of the 'muscle.' probably should wait for Vincent or Skylar to do the talking - preferably Vincent (kedley), since that's his assigned role. Skylar's the unit commander.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:01:20 pm by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20503 on: July 24, 2015, 03:55:43 pm »

((We have a boss lady? did you guys retcon Skyler into a catgirl already?))
((oops. Edited))
Aw. and here you got my hopes up! :P

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20504 on: July 24, 2015, 04:21:11 pm »

((We have a boss lady? did you guys retcon Skyler into a catgirl already?))
((oops. Edited))
Aw. and here you got my hopes up! :P
I was trying to type something that would be generic enough that, if we were captured and our messages read, wouldn't implicate anyone, while being specific enough to be understandable by the team. I really dropped the ball on that one. No excuses for poor Dester - he spent enough naked time with the team to know which is which gender. The +1 med should have helped that as well.
Pages: 1 ... 1365 1366 [1367] 1368 1369 ... 2205