Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1347 1348 [1349] 1350 1351 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495157 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20220 on: July 15, 2015, 03:13:53 pm »

How many stims per pack? I think it was 3, but just checking.
Battlestims don't come in packs. Two tokens get you the one stim. The medical pills are the ones that do, at 6-for-1.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20221 on: July 15, 2015, 03:15:03 pm »

I like simple, familiar, fool-proof and fool-tested tech. It's really no more complicated than that.

((And I don't see that Sharkmist thingy listed on the armory anywhere?))
But is that worth paying substantially more (whole 67% more, to be precise) for an outdated tech with exposed vulnerabilities that are already fixed in newer version? (Do as you wish, I have nothing against it, just some interesting questions to ponder upon.)
Oh, I dunno if it's worth it or not. They're only tokens, though. And I'd be a bit hypocritical if I railed against the evils of token creep then bought into it, yeah?

Yep, it's not listed. And that is our bad. We're actually rehauling the Armor section at the moment.
To be specific, the following armor is available:
Sharkmist: Helmet or Vest (torso armor) - 1 token; Full suit (~~Civic Defender Longcoat, only better and more complete body cover) - 3 tokens
Milnoplate: Helmet - 1 token; 'Light' variant (helmet & chestplate & maybe slightly more) - 6 tokens; 'Full' variant (full body cover, ~~Protectorate armor) - 10 tokens; 'Flight' variant - in between, does not interfere with Mk III superior flight mobility - 8 tokens
Isn't Sharkmist that stuff that eats everything? Surrounding my body with it sounds...reckless.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20222 on: July 15, 2015, 03:15:51 pm »

So, interestingly, and understandably there isn't a lot of research on it, we know due to a few accidents that even normal suits have few problems with small punctures. Human skin is also pretty damn resilient, and could be intact in vacuum for some time. The main problem (which the iris's solve in the MKII+) would be loss of compression on mucus membranes. Otherwise, it's very possible that not too much happens from exposing limbs to space. At least in the short term. In the long term, serious capillary damage and internal bleeding could do you in, but they is not a particularly fast process. The lack of oxygen is what quickly kills you in vacuum, not any sort of explosive failure.

I'm going to be sticking with my MKIII, thanks :P

How many stims per pack? I think it was 3, but just checking.

Battlestims don't come in packs. Two tokens get you the one stim. The medical pills are the ones that do, at 6-for-1.

Wait, did that change *again*? I had thought they were packs now, because otherwise (and especially as one-roll items) they were way too expensive.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20223 on: July 15, 2015, 03:17:39 pm »

I like simple, familiar, fool-proof and fool-tested tech. It's really no more complicated than that.

((And I don't see that Sharkmist thingy listed on the armory anywhere?))
But is that worth paying substantially more (whole 67% more, to be precise) for an outdated tech with exposed vulnerabilities that are already fixed in newer version? (Do as you wish, I have nothing against it, just some interesting questions to ponder upon.)
Oh, I dunno if it's worth it or not. They're only tokens, though. And I'd be a bit hypocritical if I railed against the evils of token creep then bought into it, yeah?
You don't use them, give it back for a refund. Use them, it might save your life.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20224 on: July 15, 2015, 03:21:41 pm »

Pretty sure stims come in packs, but I've been wrong before!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #20225 on: July 15, 2015, 03:22:22 pm »

Stims have been 2 tokens per since the new system came in. Piecewise justified it as the only way to get a dynamic bonus in this system, IIRC. (Apart from the genemod that gives one against mindfuck.)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20226 on: July 15, 2015, 03:23:01 pm »

Yeah, I'm not sure now. Went digging, can't find them being in packs quickly. I think it may just because we keep buying the damn things in sets of 3 for joker missions?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20227 on: July 15, 2015, 03:25:00 pm »

Yeah, I'm not sure now. Went digging, can't find them being in packs quickly. I think it may just because we keep buying the damn things in sets of 3 for joker missions?
That's probably where I got that. Was reading the last mission and I saw the stims come up during debt discussion.

Suggestions on which to buy?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #20228 on: July 15, 2015, 03:30:58 pm »

Pancaek's Christmas gift was 3 stims for each stat, under the old system. That might be what you guys are remembering. Most of Joker's stims have been bought from Pancaek, too.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20229 on: July 15, 2015, 03:31:58 pm »

@Kri I know, and I just gave up on realistic vacuum exposure in ER. ER has cinematic explosive decompression, ostensibly that's how Piecewise want it, so that's it. MCP creation was the best Pyro could convince him on this matter.

@Hapah Repeat with me. There is no power creep, only scientific advancement. There is no power creep, only scientific advancement. There is no power creep, only scientific advancement.
Does it still trouble you? Repeat this mantra daily, and you will be free of your affliction.
*straightens his medical labcoat*
And yes, it's worth it; those tokens represent the trust that Steve invested in you, so at the very least it would be an offence to him to squander them on meaninglessly, and at best you should strive to find the best use for them for the same reason - hopefully eventually leading to much better mission performance, if not now, then missions later when these small extra spendings accumulate. So yes, being token-efficient is laudable. Tokens are not some kind of existentially meaningless money, they are quite literal credit of trust and confidence in you.

Also, yep, that's the sharkmist. We've tested it, and it doesn't eat you. Moreover, it is declared safe to wear at all (by Steve/ARESTEVE, and they know their shit), which cannot be said of grey-goo-capable brands of sharkmist (those are all Apocalypse Lab material at best, absolutely not available to public).
It works better than CD longcoat against lasers (and kinetic weapons too, but that is less) so it is the logical replacement of cheap ARM armor.
It is yet to eat anyone or anything at all.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20230 on: July 15, 2015, 03:34:59 pm »

That's probably where I got that. Was reading the last mission and I saw the stims come up during debt discussion.

Suggestions on which to buy?

Depends on your role in this. Your weapon skill and Dex are usually good battle stims to have. Since you're one of the few with a Charisma bonus, I'd grab a Charisma stim if you want a 'support' stim. We have stronger Aux users and Aux users without Con, so I wouldn't plan to bring an Aux stim (steal one from a dead Aux user if it becomes relevant :P)

On most missions, Mind would be a good emergency stim, but I doubt it will be relevant on this one unless we screw up and attract a lot of UWM attention. I think End is basically useless, as it would only be that useful if you knew you were going to take damage, which you won't.

Most of Joker's stims have been bought from Pancaek, too.
No, most of them have been new stims I think, bought with Joker's fund. We just usually bought a *ton* at once.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20231 on: July 15, 2015, 03:36:30 pm »

You're kinda pushing past the limits of "agree to disagree" there, friendo.

And it doesn't eat you yet. Then you walk through a cloud of pot smoke, your armor gets the munchies, and you're gonna get nommed on like some ER-brand Doritos. I won't fall for it!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20232 on: July 15, 2015, 03:36:52 pm »

Pancaek's Christmas gift was 3 stims for each stat, under the old system. That might be what you guys are remembering. Most of Joker's stims have been bought from Pancaek, too.
Donated. They were donated. Let all know that I am just a very generous person, and in no way was any pressure applied from some sort of robotic overlord. None whatsoever.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20233 on: July 15, 2015, 03:40:07 pm »

Are you sure that sharkmist doesn't eat its users? Because sharkmist consumes organic material. And users are sometimes organic. So if the suit gets breached and the user's skin comes in contact with the sharkmist, things might end badly.

The only time a sharkmist armor was damaged the suit wasn't penetrated, so it hasn't been tested very thoroughly.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20234 on: July 15, 2015, 03:42:34 pm »

@Kri I know, and I just gave up on realistic vacuum exposure in ER. ER has cinematic explosive decompression, ostensibly that's how Piecewise want it, so that's it. MCP creation was the best Pyro could convince him on this matter.

Not really? I think PW has usually played the decompression decently true, though I may misunderstand what you mean by 'explosive decompression' in this context.

We've very rarely had someone just get their suit punctured, especially if they weren't in a MKII+. If they were in a MKII+, the iris worked. Depending on damage, they severed or sealed the limb, and things went on as normal. If they're in a MKI, they asphyxiate if it isn't a small hole, and with this game it's *rarely* a small hole. And usually has a gaping wound behind it, which removes the skin as a useful pressure barrier.

We've also had surprisingly few missions in vacuum. Other hostile environments, yeah, but not vacuum. 1-3 and 19 are the only ones that immediately come to mind, and I'm not sure about 2. Discounting 8's brief trip to space.
Pages: 1 ... 1347 1348 [1349] 1350 1351 ... 2205