Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495036 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20205 on: July 15, 2015, 02:17:46 pm »

Isn't mk2 better than a mk1 exactly because it doesn't suffer from explosive decompression because of the iris system?
aye.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20206 on: July 15, 2015, 02:23:09 pm »

Isn't mk2 better than a mk1 exactly because it doesn't suffer from explosive decompression because of the iris system?
Yep, it doesn't. The relevant iris snaps and cleanly cuts off the exposed body part, and only that piece of body is subject to explosive decompression; the rest is saved!.. Gee, what use is there to CPSU when it is indended for Mk II/Mk III? There must be a conspiracy on the part of that Hephaestus Admin who introduced it. Oh wai-

For the record, I also absolutely always post 100% serious posts. Because doing otherwise is clearly, irrevocably wrong.
~_~
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20207 on: July 15, 2015, 02:26:19 pm »

I like simple, familiar, fool-proof and fool-tested tech. It's really no more complicated than that.

((And I don't see that Sharkmist thingy listed on the armory anywhere?))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20208 on: July 15, 2015, 02:30:52 pm »

I wish I knew what kind of equipment will be given for the Joker mission, and if anything else would be worth purchasing before going, like a mk 2 suit or that sharkmist armor or something. Newie's gotta noob, amirite?

Also, I am intrigued by the sandbag system, but I can't think of any particular mission oriented use that wouldn't be better met by another weapon / system. I believe no one has actually taken one on mission yet?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20209 on: July 15, 2015, 02:31:50 pm »

I wish I knew what kind of equipment will be given for the Joker mission, and if anything else would be worth purchasing before going, like a mk 2 suit or that sharkmist armor or something. Newie's gotta noob, amirite?
Same question.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20210 on: July 15, 2015, 02:32:00 pm »

Also, how should I track my unspent points from the rescue mission on the Wiki? And how many did I get? I think it was only two points, maybe, and I wanted to hold them to level out possible stat losses from temp-death.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20211 on: July 15, 2015, 02:39:02 pm »

Same question.
Dester and Petra sit idly in the Briefing Room, waiting while Milno returns texts, consults with superiors, and does some "strategic thinking" (those are grunts of thought - definitely not snores). The two, contemplating their upcoming mission and fretting over their survivability and what they could possibly do to raise that quotient, suddenly, and in near unison, utter "Newbies gotta noob, amirite?" Glancing at each other, they share an awkward, embarrassed smile, before looking away self consciously, each returning to the depths of their own dark thoughts.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20212 on: July 15, 2015, 02:40:24 pm »

I like simple, familiar, fool-proof and fool-tested tech. It's really no more complicated than that.

((And I don't see that Sharkmist thingy listed on the armory anywhere?))
But is that worth paying substantially more (whole 67% more, to be precise) for an outdated tech with exposed vulnerabilities that are already fixed in newer version? (Do as you wish, I have nothing against it, just some interesting questions to ponder upon.)

Yep, it's not listed. And that is our bad. We're actually rehauling the Armor section at the moment.
To be specific, the following armor is available:
Sharkmist: Helmet or Vest (torso armor) - 1 token; Full suit (~~Civic Defender Longcoat, only better and more complete body cover) - 3 tokens
Milnoplate: Helmet - 1 token; 'Light' variant (helmet & chestplate & maybe slightly more) - 6 tokens; 'Full' variant (full body cover, ~~Protectorate armor) - 10 tokens; 'Flight' variant - in between, does not interfere with Mk III superior flight mobility - 8 tokens

Same question.
Dester and Petra sit idly in the Briefing Room, waiting while Milno returns texts, consults with superiors, and does some "strategic thinking" (those are grunts of thought - definitely not snores). The two, contemplating their upcoming mission and fretting over their survivability and what they could possibly do to raise that quotient, suddenly, and in near unison, utter "Newbies gotta noob, amirite?" Glancing at each other, they share an awkward, embarrassed smile, before looking away self consciously, each returning to the depths of their own dark thoughts.
*slowly claps*  8)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20213 on: July 15, 2015, 02:45:34 pm »

Yep, it doesn't. The relevant iris snaps and cleanly cuts off the exposed body part, and only that piece of body is subject to explosive decompression; the rest is saved!.. Gee, what use is there to CPSU when it is indended for Mk II/Mk III? There must be a conspiracy on the part of that Hephaestus Admin who introduced it. Oh wai-

For the record, I also absolutely always post 100% serious posts. Because doing otherwise is clearly, irrevocably wrong.
~_~
Are you certain? Because I remember people surviving from gut shots in vacuum. Which could mean that in certain circumstances, the irises simply create an airtight seal with the user's skin instead of completely cutting them in half. Unless I'm  misremembering things.

I'm not disputing the fact that the MCP is better, merely contesting your  statement about decompression.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20214 on: July 15, 2015, 02:46:19 pm »

and mean while a giant man who was naked a not to while ago keeps arguing with him self as he gets dressed and asks how to get out of his body while arguing about the risks of doing that, He then suddenly starts shouting and agreeing with himself about going to the theater before going back to arguing about ways to get two people out of hiss head and then watching a movie before going back and continuing to argue.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20215 on: July 15, 2015, 02:47:53 pm »

@Ozarck & Twinwolf: Steve said the equipment will be provided, so I doubt you'll be able to take any murder penii or any similar sort of security blanket; things like stims, however, might be acceptable. You can always ask IC in Dester's case since Petra already received valuable advice in that direction.

The old milnoplate section is based on prices given to Milno by piecewise, but it seems mass production as standardized armor instead of cut down BS plate is making it a lot cheaper.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20216 on: July 15, 2015, 02:49:47 pm »

The helmet was the only bit I was really interested in anyway, so it's all good either way.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20217 on: July 15, 2015, 02:55:05 pm »

Are you certain? Because I remember people surviving from gut shots in vacuum. Which could mean that in certain circumstances, the irises simply create an airtight seal with the user's skin instead of completely cutting them in half. Unless I'm  misremembering things.

I'm not disputing the fact that the MCP is better, merely contesting your  statement about decompression.
I can't remember any such cases off-hand. Maybe they had armor and the suit wasn't pierced? Not that ER 'explosive decompression' is necessarily how it works IRL, but that's it.
The irises, unlike that iris-thing on CPSU neck, are very sharp blades. I suppose one could try to make airtight seals with them while cutting into the flesh 'just a little', but I don't know how good that be, with your body constantly rubbing against the blades deep in your flesh as you move, and other kinds of trouble.
Sorry for doubting you, and I also don't dispute your memories, it's that I don't know how that could have possibly work from what I know about ER Mk series suits.

The old milnoplate section is based on prices given to Milno by piecewise, but it seems mass production as standardized armor instead of cut down BS plate is making it a lot cheaper.
Yeah, what Caellath said. Also, for some reason, at first I read that 'BS plate' not as 'battlesuit plate'...  :P
Past Sigs

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20218 on: July 15, 2015, 03:02:09 pm »

How many stims per pack? I think it was 3, but just checking.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20219 on: July 15, 2015, 03:04:06 pm »

@Ozarck & Twinwolf: Steve said the equipment will be provided, so I doubt you'll be able to take any murder penii or any similar sort of security blanket; things like stims, however, might be acceptable. You can always ask IC in Dester's case since Petra already received valuable advice in that direction.
battlestims or save your tokens. try not to get killed. Got it. Dester was near enough to overhear that, so I won't bother posting IC.
Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 ... 2205