Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1341 1342 [1343] 1344 1345 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494797 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20130 on: July 14, 2015, 01:40:41 pm »

Even the bikini zone?

...that actually brings up an interesting question. What gender IS Cuthukan anyways?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20131 on: July 14, 2015, 01:42:24 pm »

Even the bikini zone?

...that actually brings up an interesting question. What gender IS Cuthukan anyways?
'ok the bikini zone is allowed, and you know what let's do it!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20132 on: July 14, 2015, 01:46:32 pm »

Even the bikini zone?

'ok the bikini zone is allowed, and you know what let's do it!
So if i were to wheel the deathcube out and promise to make you shiny...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20133 on: July 14, 2015, 01:46:52 pm »

Even the bikini zone?

Hermaphrodite I think. Four men and two women were absorbed
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20134 on: July 14, 2015, 01:47:03 pm »

Even the bikini zone?

Yes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20135 on: July 14, 2015, 01:48:29 pm »

The minds are 3:1 male:female, and the bodies absorbed were 2:1 male:female. So probably a considerably androgynous big dude, maybe with some hermaphrodite features, not that those are relevant.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20136 on: July 14, 2015, 01:50:39 pm »

The minds are 3:1 male:female, and the bodies absorbed were 2:1 male:female. So probably a considerably androgynous big dude, maybe with some hermaphrodite features, not that those are relevant.
a guy with boobs
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20137 on: July 14, 2015, 01:53:28 pm »

Probably just a really tall kinda feminine guy.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20138 on: July 14, 2015, 01:54:44 pm »

Probably just a really tall kinda feminine guy.
WITH MOOBS!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20139 on: July 14, 2015, 02:00:27 pm »

I'll be using my 18 tokens to buy the following (already put them in the wiki, just writing it here in case there are objections):
  • And a heavy gauss cannon grav shell round (4 tokens) for use as a bomb, grenade or a last resort suicide weapon against heavily armoured targets.

If I don't end up using the g-shell, it will be used in combination with the Heavy Gauss Cannon (once I buy it) to kill heavily armoured targets.

Now all I need is the tokens to buy a Heavy Gauss Cannon and I'm set. Doing that because I want to have a kinetic weapon, because I'm full of energy/spacemagic weapons right now.
If only you would let us Heph-tinkers give a small word of advice... don't. Really.
We've long been stuck with HGC as far too inefficient piece of deathtube; if one wants straight kinetic/piercing damage, PSL shards are better. As a delivery method for various payloads, the soon-to-be-updated Kugelblitz should be better.
Just save up for a full PSL launcher and do yourself a favor. And if you really want a bomb, either pick a nuke or ask the AM to cook you up something nice - even a bomb identical to the grav-shell yet designed as a bomb would actually be better; at least, it could be remotely detonated or set to timer, if anything. HGC is no Brisant, there was no compatibility or general use in mind with the shells design.
(And yes, upscaled Brisant is one of the things I'd like to play with sometime later. If it still has its own niche by that time, of course.)

Why, kre-gendered, of course. Why would you even ask?

Charisma. Because you know you want it shiny and cool.
And yes, apparently, Charisma is a physical attribute nowadays, see: Gestalt Incident.

By that logic, so's intuition. Cthunkan doesn't count, because the entity uses the highest stats and the individual skills.
Actually, I think it is indeed a good reason for Intu being a 'physical stat' of a sort. Piecewise/Steve might tell us humans are not psychic all he wants, but surely we know better.
It's kind of difficult to grok, I agree, but perhaps this should be seen as some sort of perception or even limited precognition. It's not something you 'learn' to do, like shooting deathtubes or bending physics to your will; rather, it's something 'how' you do the basic living, and maybe also small bit grounded in your physical existence - remember, Bluesmokes are just chemical vapors, yet they amplify your intuition somehow (and no, I don't think there's any 'space magic' at work - just plain, ER-ordinary-but-bizarre-to-us physiology at work. Maybe we also have something like that, but write off as luck or superstition.

Now, of course, there is a much better argument that makes me surrender unconditionally. And that is, by the same logic,  Fate being a physical stat. That I cannot explain.  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20140 on: July 14, 2015, 02:05:23 pm »

The Kugelblitz will be updated once the council gets back to me with the answer to my question :P. Hey RC, any news on that front?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20141 on: July 14, 2015, 02:42:33 pm »

I'll be using my 18 tokens to buy the following (already put them in the wiki, just writing it here in case there are objections):
  • And a heavy gauss cannon grav shell round (4 tokens) for use as a bomb, grenade or a last resort suicide weapon against heavily armoured targets.

If I don't end up using the g-shell, it will be used in combination with the Heavy Gauss Cannon (once I buy it) to kill heavily armoured targets.

Now all I need is the tokens to buy a Heavy Gauss Cannon and I'm set. Doing that because I want to have a kinetic weapon, because I'm full of energy/spacemagic weapons right now.
If only you would let us Heph-tinkers give a small word of advice... don't. Really.
We've long been stuck with HGC as far too inefficient piece of deathtube; if one wants straight kinetic/piercing damage, PSL shards are better. As a delivery method for various payloads, the soon-to-be-updated Kugelblitz should be better.
Just save up for a full PSL launcher and do yourself a favor. And if you really want a bomb, either pick a nuke or ask the AM to cook you up something nice - even a bomb identical to the grav-shell yet designed as a bomb would actually be better; at least, it could be remotely detonated or set to timer, if anything. HGC is no Brisant, there was no compatibility or general use in mind with the shells design.
(And yes, upscaled Brisant is one of the things I'd like to play with sometime later. If it still has its own niche by that time, of course.)
Is there a gun with a shell that can rip a target apart by gravitic distortions and crush them into a cube of metal? That can destroy an Avatar without a giant nuclear explosion?
Is there have a gun with a giant AP bullet that can smash through walls and armour and then explode?
Is there have a gun with a bullet that can explode in a giant fireball of chemical death or into a giant rain of deadly shrapnel or into a giant nuke?
Is there have a gun that can be used to fire in a straight line like a rifle but also in the air with a parabolic trajectory like a mortar?

If you can bring me a gun that can do all that and that is not a LESHO (because obviously I would like a LESHO but that thing and its rounds are too frigging expensive. Maybe if I do very well next mission...) then I would consider buying that instead of a Gauss Cannon. (Although I admit, my personal opinion is that some of the more mundane Gauss Cannon rounds could stand to become a bit cheaper, so that I'm not limited to buying shells one at a time.)

I value versatility and the Gauss Cannon embodies that in a heavy kinetic weapon, same as the Rainbow Cannon is the ultimate in a versatile heavy energy weapon.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20142 on: July 14, 2015, 02:50:10 pm »

Is there have a gun with a bullet that can explode ....into a giant rain of deadly shrapnel....
You mean like a bolter?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:05:24 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20143 on: July 14, 2015, 03:03:29 pm »

-snip-
I value versatility and the Gauss Cannon embodies that in a heavy kinetic weapon, same as the Rainbow Cannon is the ultimate in a versatile heavy energy weapon.
As you wish; I sincerely tried to help you there. Yes, I think Kugelblitz (at least, in the original write-up) would have been more up your valley, especially since its missiles are guided, IIRC, unlike strictly ballistic projectiles of HGC. Really, the only thing HGC would excel at is delivering kin-amp sandwich shells. But yes, at the moment, HGC is the top of the line (reasonably affordable) kinetic weapon/delivery platform for varied shell payloads. And finally, I wouldn't compare it to your Rainbow Cannon: that thing is a piece of art. It's on the level of a frickin' Fission Instigator, if you ask me. :)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20144 on: July 14, 2015, 03:31:11 pm »

Yeah, I understand, I just feel that at least right now, the Gauss cannon or LESHO are my best choices in terms of heavy and versatile kinetic weapons. Because a rocket launcher is more of a long range rocket propelled grenade grenade and less of a kinetic weapon in my view.

I'd still like to make if not the rainbow cannon, then a lesser version of it available to others as something similar in versatility to the Gauss cannon or lesho but for energy weapons. But that would require me to spend at least one mission, if not more, on Hephaestus for something that could possibly not work. And now that things are more active there, I don't see much I could do. Being on missions would be much more fun. Unless me and others are allowed to go in a Hephaestus mission after the research to the rainbow cannon is done, maybe go and salvage that Titan transport.
Pages: 1 ... 1341 1342 [1343] 1344 1345 ... 2205