Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494654 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20115 on: July 14, 2015, 12:09:53 pm »

Hmmm. We'll have to vote on it.
I think it would be best for us all to work on one individual skill so we can all help each other out, I am our medic and exo guy.  We would wait for situations that are our skill set.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20116 on: July 14, 2015, 12:21:42 pm »

No clue.
Look at this thing: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Cthunkan#Attributes

The table that says "Stat Levels" are your physical stats. So if, for example, you're using an amp or resisting alien influences, then your physical body's "Mind" stat (which is currently at +1) will determine how tired you will get or how well you will resist those influences. You get 5 points for those stats per levelup and decide where to put them collectively (or through mental conflict, if you can't reach an agreement).

The tables with your character's names on them are your mental skills. The mental skill of whoever is controlling the body apply to any actions you take. So if Thaddeus is in control and shooting a gun, he will do much better than if Duncan were in control, because his conventional skill is so much better.  You get 10 points for those skills per levelup and decide on which skill and on which character to put them collectively (or through mental conflict, if you can't reach an agreement).

Now, whenever there is a mental conflict, the skill named "Will" in your table becomes relevant. So if, for example, The Chief and Thaddeus are having a disagreement about what the body should do and they both roll 5 on their will roll, then Thaddeus will win that disagreement, because he has higher "Will".

So if someone was able to roll well and overpower the others and put all 10 points in his will, he would become much more capable of taking control from the others, probably leading to more will for him on the next levelup, but probably also rendering the other minds less cooperative and less likely to listen to him willingly.

Did Yancy give up his MCP or is this a mistake? http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Yancy_Hargraves?diff=10530
Because going on a mission naked, while no doubt honouring his Scottish heritage, will probably get him killed.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20117 on: July 14, 2015, 12:24:42 pm »

So we must not level our will too high above the rest of us. That way we are equal, if one guy does we shall over power him with the rest of us working together.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20118 on: July 14, 2015, 12:25:41 pm »

But if you want everyone to be equal, then shouldn't you allow the chief to put some points in his will, since it is now lower than the rest of you?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20119 on: July 14, 2015, 12:27:53 pm »

But if you want everyone to be equal, then shouldn't you allow the chief to put some points in his will, since it is now lower than the rest of you?
sure. we will, but the rest will be evenly spread out, with the extra point being voted as to who it goes to
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20120 on: July 14, 2015, 12:36:01 pm »

No clue.
Look at this thing: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Cthunkan#Attributes

The table that says "Stat Levels" are your physical stats. So if, for example, you're using an amp or resisting alien influences, then your physical body's "Mind" stat (which is currently at +1) will determine how tired you will get or how well you will resist those influences. You get 5 points for those stats per levelup and decide where to put them collectively (or through mental conflict, if you can't reach an agreement).

The tables with your character's names on them are your mental skills. The mental skill of whoever is controlling the body apply to any actions you take. So if Thaddeus is in control and shooting a gun, he will do much better than if Duncan were in control, because his conventional skill is so much better.  You get 10 points for those skills per levelup and decide on which skill and on which character to put them collectively (or through mental conflict, if you can't reach an agreement).

Now, whenever there is a mental conflict, the skill named "Will" in your table becomes relevant. So if, for example, The Chief and Thaddeus are having a disagreement about what the body should do and they both roll 5 on their will roll, then Thaddeus will win that disagreement, because he has higher "Will".

So if someone was able to roll well and overpower the others and put all 10 points in his will, he would become much more capable of taking control from the others, probably leading to more will for him on the next levelup, but probably also rendering the other minds less cooperative and less likely to listen to him willingly.

Did Yancy give up his MCP or is this a mistake? http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Yancy_Hargraves?diff=10530
Because going on a mission naked, while no doubt honouring his Scottish heritage, will probably get him killed.

Robobody, don't need an MCP anymore.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20121 on: July 14, 2015, 01:03:06 pm »

Hey guys, what kind of physical attribute affects shinyness?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20122 on: July 14, 2015, 01:09:25 pm »

Charisma. Because you know you want it shiny and cool.
And yes, apparently, Charisma is a physical attribute nowadays, see: Gestalt Incident.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20123 on: July 14, 2015, 01:11:53 pm »

And yes, apparently, Charisma is a physical attribute nowadays, see: Gestalt Incident.

By that logic, so's intuition. Cthunkan doesn't count, because the entity uses the highest stats and the individual skills.

Although who needs personality when you've got the goods?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20124 on: July 14, 2015, 01:12:12 pm »

Charisma.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20125 on: July 14, 2015, 01:14:14 pm »

No i meant physical attributes as in density and hardness.

Basically, what makes mirrors shiny?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20126 on: July 14, 2015, 01:18:03 pm »

He's asking because the Deathcube made an item "shiny"
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20127 on: July 14, 2015, 01:19:04 pm »

They reflect a lot of light? They have a very high albedo? They're polished?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20128 on: July 14, 2015, 01:27:11 pm »

They reflect a lot of light? They have a very high albedo? They're polished?
NO waxing Cuthukan!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20129 on: July 14, 2015, 01:35:36 pm »

Even the bikini zone?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 ... 2205