Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493904 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19950 on: July 13, 2015, 12:02:23 pm »

Wonder what would happen if multiple high level players with multiple amps were there. Would the result be something as powerful as the AM? Also wonder what happens if one of the players goes idle or makes a new char.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19951 on: July 13, 2015, 12:03:50 pm »

Wonder what would happen if multiple high level players with multiple amps were there. Would the result be something as powerful as the AM? Also wonder what happens if one of the players goes idle or makes a new char.

My current plan: outlast the other players and become sole holder of awesome body.

How does Thad's debt work, anyway? I'm a bit unclear on that.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19952 on: July 13, 2015, 12:06:05 pm »

I imagine that would just be one mind going idle, effectively being one less person fighting for control of the body.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19953 on: July 13, 2015, 12:07:33 pm »

I imagine that would just be one mind going idle, effectively being one less person fighting for control of the body.
But what happens for example to the minds that were subsumed originally? Can the body use their stats and memories? Or are they lost forever?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19954 on: July 13, 2015, 12:09:34 pm »

Considering that PW said I had to get a new character, I assume that Anita and the other guy are gone forever.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19955 on: July 13, 2015, 12:16:46 pm »

...I kinda like this new development. Well, sure, it robs me of the Chief from my mission team, but nonetheless this is interesting. Though now I wonder whether I'd be able to cut out (with the Cursed Knife, no less) different brains. Oh well.

Anyway, I don't think this changes much for anomaly mission: the loss of Chief would be met unhappily but stoically; we're even back to acceptable mission team size with that, so that's fine. Everything's fine.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19956 on: July 13, 2015, 12:21:05 pm »

My current plan: outlast the other players and become sole holder of awesome body.

How does Thad's debt work, anyway? I'm a bit unclear on that.
I'm just going to sit there and stay and wait, either giving you advice or helping you other wise. I think you be the primary mind, and Henk be the secondary.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19957 on: July 13, 2015, 12:22:00 pm »

...I kinda like this new development. Well, sure, it robs me of the Chief from my mission team, but nonetheless this is interesting. Though now I wonder whether I'd be able to cut out (with the Cursed Knife, no less) different brains. Oh well.

Anyway, I don't think this changes much for anomaly mission: the loss of Chief would be met unhappily but stoically; we're even back to acceptable mission team size with that, so that's fine. Everything's fine.
bring us on the mission for the chief is still in here.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19958 on: July 13, 2015, 12:25:08 pm »

I just realized that Henk actually has multiple personalities now, where he was kinda faking it before. Is that ironic?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19959 on: July 13, 2015, 12:31:14 pm »

But what happens for example to the minds that were subsumed originally? Can the body use their stats and memories? Or are they lost forever?
probably lost forever. Mind stats are retained individually, so whoever has control uses their mind stat.

This turned out unfortunate. The Gestalt is way powerful now, and has six people's items.

and to think, this could have happened in the briefing room, with nearly everyone.

I just realized that Henk actually has multiple personalities now, where he was kinda faking it before. Is that ironic?
Hah.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19960 on: July 13, 2015, 12:34:16 pm »

Chief's assigned to M21, and Thad's assigned to M22, so which mission is the Gestalt Being going on?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19961 on: July 13, 2015, 12:34:56 pm »

I'm just going to sit there and stay and wait, either giving you advice or helping you other wise. I think you be the primary mind, and Henk be the secondary.

There's still Thad and Duncan, though. This is a four-way arrangement, you know. So best to exchange controllers when needed - for instance, if Thad (who's the best-rounded and best at avoiding mental danger) was to need to medicate or punch someone, he lets you do it - if he needs to do any handiwork stuff, he calls up Chief or Duncan, and if he needs to talk to people, he might use Chief rather than try to get through himself. That is, if we ever need to talk to people in the first place, which is somewhat unlikely.

Anyway, as for what mission we could go to, why not the silent allies (M22, right?) - seems like a giant amped-up meathead could be useful there.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19962 on: July 13, 2015, 12:42:52 pm »

The real question is how long it'll take for the Minmax Crew to get their hands on one of those candies and use it to minmax the shit out of everything.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19963 on: July 13, 2015, 12:43:14 pm »

There's still Thad and Duncan, though. This is a four-way arrangement, you know. So best to exchange controllers when needed - for instance, if Thad (who's the best-rounded and best at avoiding mental danger) was to need to medicate or punch someone, he lets you do it - if he needs to do any handiwork stuff, he calls up Chief or Duncan, and if he needs to talk to people, he might use Chief rather than try to get through himself. That is, if we ever need to talk to people in the first place, which is somewhat unlikely.

Anyway, as for what mission we could go to, why not the silent allies (M22, right?) - seems like a giant amped-up meathead could be useful there.
I have the ebst medic skill and am decent with weapons all around, perhaps I should at least help with medics. So I will be the medic mind.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19964 on: July 13, 2015, 12:43:58 pm »

The real question is how long it'll take for the Minmax Crew to get their hands on one of those candies and use it to minmax the shit out of everything.
Who are they? I need to know who Petra needs to stand the furthest away from...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 ... 2205