Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491595 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19785 on: July 10, 2015, 04:57:32 pm »

Summary of current situation: Duncan Hudson (NJW2000) is feeding Henk Reinolds (spazyak) tea laced with a friable wish in the rec room. He's been working toward this for two or three updates now, and Henk has been an eager participant, because tea.

Looks like they're making a Forever War movie: http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1307468/
"An elite task force returns home after a brief interstellar military operation, but discovers that 20 years have passed and the planet they once knew is completely different. "

But thats not the story of Forever war!
Can't watch the video because my nets are shit. But, that was at least the very beginning of the book... sorta. They also knew that was going to happen when they signed up for it. The book was alright. Didn't read any of the sequels. Anyone know if they are any good, or if they are even related to the first, in the sense of them fighting?
the movie probably won't stick very close to the book anyway. John Carter, anyone? And Forever Peace was awful. I don't know about other sequels.
Spoiler: an actual plot spoiler (click to show/hide)
what is friable wish
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19786 on: July 10, 2015, 04:58:51 pm »

what is friable wish

Something you shouldn't put in your tea, judging by piecewise's reaction. Geometric candies according to the wiki.

This is why you don't accept tea from strangers, of course.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19787 on: July 10, 2015, 05:05:19 pm »

http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Nyars_boxes in short, a Nyartifact candy with unknown effect. Your new tea drinking friend slipped you one. and you took it. You even bolded your action to drink it. And it stopped the turn midtrack. Last time I aw that happen (admittedly i haven't read all the missions in order) was on mission 15, and STAN was the outcome.

what is friable wish

Something you shouldn't put in your tea, judging by piecewise's reaction. Geometric candies according to the wiki.

This is why you don't accept tea from strangers, of course.
unless you are cra~~~~zy~~~~. So on this ship, of course you do.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19788 on: July 10, 2015, 05:07:02 pm »

...I'm afraid to ask, but what's STAN?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19789 on: July 10, 2015, 05:09:12 pm »

The reason people are afraid of Xan. Which is a bit strange, because the fact that Stacy saw the star eater was also responsible. Guess you can't blame the dead.
Edit: The fact that the AM had made him dance forever like a dance commander probably also had something to do with it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:17:38 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19790 on: July 10, 2015, 05:12:30 pm »

Mission 15, in short. Be sure to check it out, it's not a long one.

The reason people are afraid of Xan. Which is a bit strange, because the fact that Stacy saw the star eater was also responsible. Guess you can't blame the dead.

Did PW say it was that, or is that an educated guess?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:14:07 pm by Harry Baldman »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19791 on: July 10, 2015, 05:17:33 pm »

Did PW say it was that, or is that an educated guess?
The Doctor told Xan so, or so he claims.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19792 on: July 10, 2015, 05:17:40 pm »

Simple answer:Read mission 15. Long answer: Harry Baldman's previous char had had contact with beings from beyond our understanding, forcing him to take a memory erasing pill to forcibly forget them(or be liquidated on the spot). And Xan at the time had the Doctor turn him into something akin to a living flesh overload. They went to the same mission in the Artic, where Stacy(harry's char) begin stacy, wrecked his robot body, and Xan tried to grow him a new flesh one. emphasis on tried. He absorbed his brain instead....and the results weren't pretty. "Nuke the site from orbit" not pretty
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19793 on: July 10, 2015, 05:19:38 pm »

Why do I have a feeling I'm going to lead to another Stan and lots of death?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19794 on: July 10, 2015, 05:21:39 pm »

Honestly, I'm thinking more along the lines of a Grate incident than a Stan one.

which is still completely horrible.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19795 on: July 10, 2015, 05:22:36 pm »

...I want to say Anita had a horrible feeling and decided to get the f*** out of there, but that's metagamey. And probably requires an Intuition roll, and she has a -1 in that.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19796 on: July 10, 2015, 05:25:37 pm »

It was glorious. And it was a large part of why I joined this game.

I laughed most, though, about the guy threatening to shoot anyone who opens a shipping crate. Wasn't the whole purpose of that mission to retrieve at least one of those crates?

"Go get the crate"
"Okay"
"hey, we're here, let's carefully examine these crates"
"Oh hell no. touch that crate and die."
"Hey guys, this guy broke himself and nearly killed us all, and no one really want him touching anything for fear he might doom us all."
"So?"
Also, I'm an untrustworthy flesh horror, myself."
"your point?"
"Can I flesh him up a new body so he can continue touching stuff?"
"sure, why not?"
"Seriously, dude, you touch that f-ing crate, i will space magic you a new butthole, and pull you backward through it. I'm not even kidding."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19797 on: July 10, 2015, 05:27:58 pm »

It was glorious. And it was a large part of why I joined this game.

I laughed most, though, about the guy threatening to shoot anyone who opens a shipping crate. Wasn't the whole purpose of that mission to retrieve at least one of those crates?

Oh no, our mission was to figure out what was down in that ship aside from all the plot-insignificant crates full of crap we don't need. Namely, we could have located an invaluable non-wetware AI to use for the revolution. Sadly, it was not meant to be.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19798 on: July 10, 2015, 05:30:48 pm »

Seeing as I might be a little bit involved in this, do I assume PW knows where I am?
One wheel short of a wagon

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19799 on: July 10, 2015, 05:32:35 pm »

Just in case, say where you are.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 ... 2205