Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488790 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19635 on: July 08, 2015, 12:24:07 am »

No, no, that's absurd, the true conspiracy is the fact that you seem very determined to keep this pill machine unused and in a position where someone may be able to sneak in and use it for their own gains, begging the question...
How do we not know that it is you who is secretly using it? Hob do we not know that the pill machine has been stolen! By you! Xantalos!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19636 on: July 08, 2015, 12:27:42 am »

I actually have an actual argument to fall back on this time!

Namely, do you really think that if I obtained access to yet another incredibly unstable and potentially dangerous thing you guys and the surrounding several hundred kilometres wouldn't know about it by now? You know my track record.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19637 on: July 08, 2015, 12:31:01 am »

Namely, do you really think that if I obtained access to yet another incredibly unstable and potentially dangerous thing you guys and the surrounding several hundred kilometres wouldn't know about it by now? You know my track record.
Well at the same time your track record is mostly based on your bipolar luck you seem to have, I mean, seriously, if your rolls actually favoured you you would actually be a force to be reckoned with, and this Xancarnation Vanessa knows the score with the pill machine anyway.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:33:30 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19638 on: July 08, 2015, 12:31:35 am »

I think the 'newbies not being able to afford to use it' thing is a point in favour of the cost.
Otherwise people could just churn out new, expendable characters to sacrifice to the pill machine until something useful happened, which seems to be exactly what you guys are wanting to do... a bit meta, innit?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19639 on: July 08, 2015, 12:36:02 am »

Well at the same time your track record is mostly based on your bipolar luck you seem to have, I mean, seriously, if your rolls actually favoured you you would actually be a force to be reckoned with, and this Xancarnation Vanessa knows the score with the pill machine anyway.
My problem for most of the game was my rolls actually favouring me too much, actually. Now that the rolls system is fixed (and I'm not dead) I'll be able to actually do shit.

But yeah it is a potent tool and I do have potential plans for it in the future. Doesn't change the fact of conspiracy and stuff.
Sig! Onol

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19640 on: July 08, 2015, 12:37:08 am »

I think the 'newbies not being able to afford to use it' thing is a point in favour of the cost.
Otherwise people could just churn out new, expendable characters to sacrifice to the pill machine until something useful happened, which seems to be exactly what you guys are wanting to do... a bit meta, innit?
The could, but the Hand of God tends to come down on that sort of stuff if it gets too stupid.

Besides, people aren't lining up to use the Deathcube and it's apparently crazy powerful. Hell, it's probably safer too, and I'm paying people to muck about with it and not getting many takers.

/shamelessplug
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19641 on: July 08, 2015, 12:38:11 am »

The could, but the Hand of God tends to come down on that sort of stuff if it gets too stupid.

Besides, people aren't lining up to use the Deathcube and it's apparently crazy powerful. Hell, it's probably safer too, and I'm paying people to muck about with it and not getting many takers.

/shamelessplug
I'll take it!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19642 on: July 08, 2015, 12:40:09 am »

/shamelessplug
You keep saying that until someone presses 'kill' 'second' 'closest' and you get vaporised.
Alan help.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19643 on: July 08, 2015, 12:44:26 am »

/shamelessplug
You keep saying that until someone presses 'kill' 'second' 'closest' and you get vaporised.
See, if I were still a shapeshifter I could preempt that by putting a Xanling in your stomach or on your neck or something.
Sig! Onol

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19644 on: July 08, 2015, 12:51:21 am »

By morphing wildly out of control, accidentally killing everyone on board the ship and thus rendering the danger of being vaporised moot, you mean? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19645 on: July 08, 2015, 12:53:43 am »

Hey hey hey now!
That's plan A2 when he inevitably objects.
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19646 on: July 08, 2015, 12:58:49 am »

I am somewhat terrified by the fact piecewise keeps telling me to poke things.

Spazyak, you wanna poke things for me?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19647 on: July 08, 2015, 01:49:27 am »

Minor lore question: Doc went on missions, right?
Sig! Onol

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19648 on: July 08, 2015, 01:54:15 am »

Oi, Beirus! When you gonna poke at Amiable Amber for me? Mostly because the sooner I can figure out what it does and can hand it over to Milno, the better.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19649 on: July 08, 2015, 01:58:18 am »

I would have actually checked out the death cube, but I have a tendency to not post when not on missions because the on ship thread becomes a beast, and now that I've got an Mk-3 (probably, I haven't bought it yet), I don't want to risk killing my char xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 ... 2205