Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488170 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19605 on: July 07, 2015, 06:05:32 pm »

I figure you already read this, but here's where PW says Xan is basically fully capable as is, without need for additional bits. Of course, it isn't explicitly stated that he doesn't need to buy medkits, but he is basically a walking surgical suite and organ bank. Assuming he uses the body right, and you have need of a medic, I'd say he'd be valuable on mission. However, I can see the General being reluctant to bring an untested weapon (or tool, or whatever) into a high risk battle, especially in the hands of a known ... errr, ..."wild card."

I'd assume that any other procedures like surgery and such could be handled by me and the many arms I have?
Ask the nurses if I'll be able to upgrade my body to include weapons or kinetic amps or blades or stuff like that.
Can I store brains in the same fashion as other things, or would that be according to other upgrades?
Around how strong is this body? I know I won't be trying anything since I have low STR but I'm curious, is it on the level of a robot body? Exoskeleton? Etc?
Just for visualization reasons: I only walk around on my giant arms, right?
What medical procedures can I perform as I am now, without any upgrades? Just to clarify.

Yes
Yes, for a price
You can, you can even hear them talk, if you want to
You're pretty strong, I'd say you're in line with BS, if you use your big arms and small ones at the same time.
Well that is the standard method, but you could walk around on the others. You kinda look like a sea anemone of limbs with a few giant ones sticking out.
You can do surgical stuff of basically any kind. You were designed to keep people alive by replacing damaged parts in situ, so you have the capacity to handle any of the related processes. Assuming you use the body right.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19606 on: July 07, 2015, 06:15:16 pm »

Oooh, I do hope PW updates the on ship thread soon. :) This is getting fun.
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19607 on: July 07, 2015, 06:17:19 pm »

Oooh, I do hope PW updates the on ship thread soon. :) This is getting fun.
tea induce paranioa
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19608 on: July 07, 2015, 06:22:31 pm »

I hope Lenglon posts a reaction to Henk trying to pick her up, first.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19609 on: July 07, 2015, 06:23:23 pm »

I hope Lenglon posts a reaction to Henk trying to pick her up, first.
Henk started petting her but then shoved her...or rather threw her, after hearing about tea
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19610 on: July 07, 2015, 06:25:53 pm »

Somehow I doubt she would have allowed him to pick her up in the first place.
Henk could well be incapacitated by now, for all we know.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19611 on: July 07, 2015, 06:28:54 pm »

Somehow I doubt she would have allowed him to pick her up in the first place.
Henk could well be incapacitated by now, for all we know.
So. Not only Is Henk having a tea induce schizophrenic episode, but he also has cat scratch marks.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19612 on: July 07, 2015, 06:43:27 pm »

she made a comment IC previously that she'd be carefully watching Henk. I doubt she'd let him get close enough to pet her. But that's Lenglon's call.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19613 on: July 07, 2015, 07:01:49 pm »

How is Xan a god medic? He hasn't healed anyone yet! And that's not putting it correctly: I do need to have an idea what he can do to know if giving him one of the precious mission seats is worth the 'investment' of not bringing another char.
She is a god medic because she is the avatar of Sa'las[/joking]
She is literally perfect in all things medical, both in terms of stats and equipment. There is no way for her to not be a good medic. Even if she were to post an action saying "Pretend I'm healing someone while I actually don't" it would fail and result in her actually healing someone because she has terrible charisma.

'Loosing the Sword'? Now that came out of nowhere. Either way, we don't know what the people/things down there know or have, so I'm gonna try not to gamble any assets on a blind drop. If it turns out they have a hidden laser cannon, I'd rather loose an empty shuttle and some gunnerbots than a shuttle full of troopers! If that turns out to be the case, we can then reconsider our approach.
I explained the reasoning in that thing you quoted. And again, we know they can't shoot down a shuttle for gameplay reasons. Shuttles don't have grav-chutes and can't dodge that well, therefore if it was hit, the entire team would die and there would be no mission. Therefore, the only threats we encounter will be on the ground. Which means that if we don't have enough shuttles, send our only shuttle down and it gets destroyed after we land, we won't be able to send another and potentially lose our chance to stop something dangerous or take care of some time sensitive objective or give them time to organize while we go down on drop pods and hope the crew/AM can build a shuttle out of spare parts. Again, the chance of us having only one shuttle is low, but in the case we do, those are valid concerns.

Edit: And really, if you insist on sending another scouting team first, why not drop it in with a drop pod?

Again, meta considerations.
It is a game. Somd meta considerations are natural and should be part of the mission planning if they would make the game more fun or organizing the mission quicker.

Good, attentive commanders solve a lot of problems with sods. And at least, when you tell a sod not to shoot, or to move in or away, or to do easy action x they won't ignore it or wander off or do stupid shit like players do.
You mean micromanaging sods like you're controlling a few extra characters? Even if that's the case, that means that they won't be able to make split second decisions, unless you give them a giant string of simple orders covering every eventuality, taking extra care not to make any mistakes or give contradictory orders. Because sods are nice when you're facing simple things, but either they're not that good or they outright hinder you when you're facing a complex unknown high stress situation.

I think the sharkmist did what it did by inducing certain emotions on people, right. Would that work on sods? Maybe not, they have no emotions.
They show no change in emotion. But they have emotions. Happiness is an emotion. And they feel happy as long as they're following orders. Which means they can also feel unhappy when not following orders. Now imagine how confusing it would be if they started feeling bad while still following orders. It would be like punishing a dog for doing what you told him. They'd be unable to understand what's going on and thus be unable to respond, thus diminishing their capacity to operate well or causing them to outright go berserk.

As for screaming the loudest, it may be that an intruder finds nothing to scream at, nothing to really influence/overpower (like a 'psychic blank' in WH40K). Or that someone using an amp will have trouble targeting them, cause he is used to targeting normal people with normal brain architecture and psychology.
Not really. Amps work by altering brain chemistry, not the "soul" of the target. So if the target has no soul with which to engage in a screaming match with his opponents soul, then he is much more likely to lose.

Xan (and his new incarnation) are still strictly banned from spacemagics.
Never said she could. Just responded to a theoretical question.
And you might want to change "space magic" to "amps and manips", since something like sharkmist limbs or a pimp cane could be useful to her.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 07:13:14 pm by Parisbre56 »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19614 on: July 07, 2015, 07:02:54 pm »

Whenever I check current mission info on my cell phone, at the bottom of the screen is listed Vincent's info. It's weirding me out
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19615 on: July 07, 2015, 07:28:47 pm »

Whenever I check current mission info on my cell phone, at the bottom of the screen is listed Vincent's info. It's weirding me out
Same for me. I think Wikia's mobile site has a bug where it always shows the last page you looked at beneath the one you're currently on.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19616 on: July 07, 2015, 07:35:45 pm »

So, does anyone feel like lending me a token? I promise to pay back at mission end
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19617 on: July 07, 2015, 07:37:59 pm »

I'd do it since Yancy did pretty well last mission, but right now Milno's a bit apprehensive about lending tokens due to what happened the last time he lent someone something (yeah, IC reasons). I might still do it for the former reason, though.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19618 on: July 07, 2015, 07:39:58 pm »

Spaz, you shouldn't bold actions you don't want PW to roll, right now you're set up to have an opposed roll to try to catch me. honestly, considering what I am and my Dex, your odds of success are low, but if you succeed you're going to be getting scratch marks.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19619 on: July 07, 2015, 07:42:19 pm »

Spaz, you shouldn't bold actions you don't want PW to roll, right now you're set up to have an opposed roll to try to catch me. honestly, considering what I am and my Dex, your odds of success are low, but if you succeed you're going to be getting scratch marks.
Oh....thank you
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 2205