Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1304 1305 [1306] 1307 1308 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487503 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19575 on: July 07, 2015, 12:39:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure giving him additional, less well thought out seditious thoughts would have zero effects whatsoever.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19576 on: July 07, 2015, 01:16:15 pm »

Xan can talk to brains, sweet. That'll bring all the manipulator boys to the yard for sure.

Good thing he's never tried THAT before!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19577 on: July 07, 2015, 01:22:06 pm »

Xan shakes bring all the manipulator boys to his yard?

Also, picking is rather hard. You have a limited number and a lot of people with Joker as their first pick. I might stick to 8 and ask for piecewise's forgiveness.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19578 on: July 07, 2015, 01:43:05 pm »

I'd think that'd make things easy. look over the 6 that made Joker their first pick and unless they have no business on a joker mission accept them, then find any gaps in their skillsets and fill them in with 1 or 2 of the no preferences.

will edit in an analysis once I've looked over the 6 in question in more detail.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19579 on: July 07, 2015, 01:51:24 pm »

Gentlefish also claimed preference for Joker despite his character's no-preference attitude. I also already performed an analysis and sent a draft to other mission leaders so we can share the medics - which is the biggest problem in the end. I can't take all of the people who got Joker as first pick due to that.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19580 on: July 07, 2015, 01:52:08 pm »

Right, Baldster. Leeyes is going down.

So 1 point to share is on on either? The narrative will be so much less interesting if I spend it on fate than on a weapon skill.

Grand total 1 point, yeah. Put it where ever you feel it fits best. You can also hold onto it until you find better use for it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19581 on: July 07, 2015, 02:04:59 pm »

Gentlefish also claimed preference for Joker despite his character's no-preference attitude. I also already performed an analysis and sent a draft to other mission leaders so we can share the medics - which is the biggest problem in the end. I can't take all of the people who got Joker as first pick due to that.
yeah, now that I've looked it over you only got 1 support-type character requesting to go, on a mission requiring a group of supports according to the brief.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19582 on: July 07, 2015, 02:06:58 pm »

I've got Aux skill...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19583 on: July 07, 2015, 02:12:07 pm »

Yeah, but the brief said they didn't need high level support characters. And they already have Skylar which is a very high level support character. So all they need is a low-level spare, someone with charisma and then guys for combat (Con,Uncon,Exo). Maybe someone with handiwork.

Let me look at them real quick.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19584 on: July 07, 2015, 02:13:19 pm »

yeah, you and Dester are the shoo-ins for the mission, oddly enough. but I was going to suggest that Cael PM you about those 6 tokens of yours. because right now you have no equipment and are under totally unknown side-effects of a nyartifact. it seems like a safe enough one though, probably gave you -1 cha for +1 str. those 6 tokens, depending on how use want to use them, are going to change your character's abilities almost completely though, since your stats are so even across the board.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19585 on: July 07, 2015, 02:14:59 pm »

Yeah, but the brief said they didn't need high level support characters. And they already have Skylar which is a very high level support character. So all they need is a low-level spare, someone with charisma and then guys for combat (Con,Uncon,Exo). Maybe someone with handiwork.

Let me look at them real quick.
I have handiwork and uncom and exo
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19586 on: July 07, 2015, 02:15:54 pm »

yeah, you and Dester are the shoo-ins for the mission, oddly enough. but I was going to suggest that Cael PM you about those 6 tokens of yours. because right now you have no equipment and are under totally unknown side-effects of a nyartifact. it seems like a safe enough one though, probably gave you -1 cha for +1 str. those 6 tokens, depending on how use want to use them, are going to change your character's abilities almost completely though, since your stats are so even across the board.
The briefing said not to worry about equipment because it would be provided on site.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19587 on: July 07, 2015, 02:36:51 pm »

Skylar's already chosen and he has high medical and aux and a bit of handiwork.

Xael is level 0 with exo, so he can go.
Anita is a level 0 with charisma, conventional and aux, so she can go as backup tech/soldier/char.
Jesse is a level 0 with conventional and unconventional, so he can go as a soldier.

Ian is level 1 with exotic and conventional, so he can go as a soldier with probably higher priority due to low level.

Tek has unconventional, handiwork medical and aux and is level 2, so he can go as backup medic/soldier/tech.
Han has charisma, unconventional and a bit of medical and is level 2, so he can go as a backup medic/soldier/char.

Gus doesn't really have much beyond handiwork and Tek has that covered and is level 1, so he can go but is not high priority. Could still be included on the grounds that he is a newbie that has to level up in a relatively safe mission, I guess, unless Nik's mission has a use for a handiwork man.

Vincent has Con and General knowledge and Charisma and is level 3, so he can go as a soldier but is not a high priority.

Dester is level 0 with good stats for this mission, but he has not made a good impression to Milno, so I don't see him getting chosen.

Skylar, Xael, Anita, Jesse and Ian make 5 and give a good mix of skills. You can also sneak in Tek, Han and maybe Gus and make it 7-8 with even better coverage. Maybe even 9 if you think Dester will behave. Then just tell piecewise that there's a chance the new guys will go inactive, so you want to compensate for that with a bit more people.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:40:56 pm by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19588 on: July 07, 2015, 02:47:04 pm »

I've picked eight people so far taking in account some people might go braindead as usual and I've also grabbed quite the number of newbies since the anomaly mission seems deadlier and trickier than the Joker assignment. Han has Anomaly as his second choice and is kind of competing with Ryan's spot since I can't hog all the medics. I'm also still considering Ian, but I wanted three combat characters with one of them being more experienced. Handyman Gus is picked because Joker may end up being the mission in need of urgent jury-rigging and handy feats of handywork.
>Yes?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19589 on: July 07, 2015, 04:33:00 pm »

Dester is level 0 with good stats for this mission, but he has not made a good impression to Milno, so I don't see him getting chosen.

Maybe even 9 if you think Dester will behave.
Don't stress about taking Dester. I'm resigned to "last pick" (or even "no pick"). However ...

If Milno is on the fence about taking Dester, because he has reservations about his character, talk to him IC. If it's the player, well, I'll go on whichever mission and try to earn a little player respect by courtesy, rp, and acceptance of what comes. I picked Joker as first choice because it was"newb friendly," but the anomaly is interesting, and I'll grunt it out on the disappearing ally one, if necessary. If no one selects me, I'll return the Pimp Cane, and if I get the full 5 tokens back, try out the sand bag for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 1304 1305 [1306] 1307 1308 ... 2205