Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486539 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19530 on: July 06, 2015, 08:21:56 am »

Toaster, you probably need to remind pw about the pantheon again.

He's probably a bit busy with the mission writeup; I'll give him until after the first full on-ground turn until I bug him again.  (Unless he sees this and goes ahead.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19531 on: July 06, 2015, 09:07:28 am »

Ah, sorry Paris.  I was being a bit immature there.  You certainly deserve credit for the suit/body; I might have suggested a minor feature, but it was an obvious feature to add--and you expanded on it by including organs too.

On a different note, I wonder if Xan could now be considered an avatar of Sa'las of the HMRC pantheon.  He's certainly a limb collector, although I've been imagining his limbs being all over the place, like a porcupine, rather than a tree trunk.   Maybe he'll grow a trunk if he ends up being particularly effective?

Quote from: Sa'las: God of amputation. The Limb Collector.
The image on the opposing page shows a strange sort of being with a hard, geometrically shaped, faceless head, thin, talon tipped hands and a body hidden beneath a long robe. Out of it's back grows what could only be described as a tree made of human limbs, bundled legs and arms for a trunk and branches.
No need to apologize. Your talk with Ozarck led to my suggestion and then you helped improve it and gave me the inspiration to make it fleshhorror-y. I don't see a problem with claiming part  of the credit.

Somehow missed that yesterday, but that was part of the reason I mentioned linking different limbs together, so they could form terrifying structures. The other reason being that handy lady from Piecewise's LP of MGR:R.

Didn't remember about Sa'las though until after I re-read the pantheon after that IRC talk. But if you think about it, he has arms growing out of his back and uses them to get around like some sort of giant spider. If he became stationary (in a black ops mission, for example, where he has to stay hidden in a basement) and made his big arms hold smaller arms and legs, then he would definitely look very much like him.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 09:09:00 am by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19532 on: July 06, 2015, 01:31:35 pm »

I live! After a rather productive weekend in a cathartic state with no will to do anything. I'll try to get my picks done until tonight and I'll shoot for 6-8.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:49:24 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19533 on: July 06, 2015, 01:32:55 pm »

If it matters, Cael, Ryan is also picking up a super-medkit. I, personally, would love to be on Joker team but Ryan himself has "no preference". Damn arpee :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19534 on: July 06, 2015, 02:38:14 pm »

+4 medicine baby, whoo!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19535 on: July 06, 2015, 04:00:13 pm »

The more you bring that up, the more I want to remind PW that he wanted your clones to be 'defective', stat-wise :P

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19536 on: July 06, 2015, 04:51:33 pm »

Hey Hapah, how did you arrange your deal with nyars? I think I'm gonna do the same for the pill machine, cause otherwise we'll never see that thing used.

Announcement:
Since they (soon will) have been approved for armory inclusion, the following items will be available with the next shipment from Hephaestus (i.e. so available already, in preparation for the new missions):

How about the sharkmist limb vat thing? Do you want me to give that an official write-up?

limbsuit

I was gonna ask what prevents patient exsanguination (death by blood loss). If that thing has extra medical features beyond limb stuff, that could work, but you should really check that with pw to know exactly what it has and doesn't have.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19537 on: July 06, 2015, 04:55:27 pm »

Hey Hapah, how did you arrange your deal with nyars? I think I'm gonna do the same for the pill machine, cause otherwise we'll never see that thing used.
Just worked it out with Nyars (i.e. Piecewise). Offered him a token off every Cube transactions that generates tokens tokens for me, your mileage may vary.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19538 on: July 06, 2015, 05:10:01 pm »

Who's gonna watch over the Pill Machine so that nobody does any poorly thought out experiments with it?

I was gonna ask what prevents patient exsanguination (death by blood loss). If that thing has extra medical features beyond limb stuff, that could work, but you should really check that with pw to know exactly what it has and doesn't have.
The answer is simple and is another question: What prevents patient exsanguination in the Surgical Tools Armoury item?

Either Vanessa has those tools already installed (from what piecewise says, I infer that is the case (because how can he take the parts off of others if he doesn't have the necessary tools?), but he hasn't given a clear answer yet) or she needs to buy them separately. I told her to ask piecewise via the infirmary staff and she tried, but her questions were vague so she received a vague answer. I assume she is going to try more specific questions next.

Unless you meant exsanguination of the DoctorBody, in which case it is capable of cutting off the supply of nutrients to the organs and limbs it removes, since that was in the original specification.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19539 on: July 06, 2015, 05:14:56 pm »

Nothing, you need extra tools for those. That's the point, if he doesn't have stuff for that, he'll need to get those, or he's almost useless.

Also (and I asked this to kri once as well), how do the limbs interface with their new owner? Anyone ever asked this to pw?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19540 on: July 06, 2015, 05:15:37 pm »

Who's gonna watch over the Pill Machine so that nobody does any poorly thought out experiments with it?

Oh, just leave it in the mess hall (on a chain, if you think it's needed) and write "DON'T PUT MAGICAL THINGS INTO THIS OR YOU WILL DIE", that ought to do the trick. Or just put it in visual range of the armory and trust in the AM's self-preservation instincts to guide people who don't know what they're doing.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 05:17:34 pm by Harry Baldman »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19541 on: July 06, 2015, 05:19:48 pm »

Oh, just leave it in the mess hall (on a chain, if you think it's needed) and write "DON'T PUT MAGICAL THINGS INTO THIS OR YOU WILL DIE", that ought to do the trick. Or just put it in visual range of the armory and trust in the AM's self-preservation instincts to guide people who don't know what they're doing.
That sign would just encourage noobs to stick spacemagic in it to see what happens.
Not that's a bad thing.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19542 on: July 06, 2015, 05:20:12 pm »

Was gonna give Nyars some ground rules, yes, or think of something. Or just put my faith in the common sense of my fellow players and their characters.

... I already regret typing that.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19543 on: July 06, 2015, 05:21:54 pm »

That sign would just encourage noobs to stick spacemagic in it to see what happens.
Not that's a bad thing.
What would happen if you put a laser rifle in it? Someone must've tried...

Was gonna give Nyars some ground rules, yes, or think of something. Or just put my faith in the common sense of my fellow players and their characters.

Anita is relatively sane! Unless the injection had some delayed-reaction mental effects.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19544 on: July 06, 2015, 05:23:49 pm »

Personally entrust the pill machine to Henk and nobody else. Observe results and take careful notes. Formulate safeguarding strategy from data acquired.

Next, give it to Xan or Auron, see what they do with it. Consider new data, refine strategy.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 05:25:27 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 ... 2205