Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1293 1294 [1295] 1296 1297 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489000 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19410 on: July 03, 2015, 12:29:02 pm »

Hey, anybody interested in a potion of invisibility? I got one, but I doubt it can make a battlesuit invisible (and even if it did, I don't think it would mask the noise), so I've been keeping it as a last resort.

But I figure it might be more useful to someone else, especially with the kind of missions we've got coming. Anybody want it?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19411 on: July 03, 2015, 12:33:05 pm »

If no one wants it, I'd consider buying it for Hephaestus science purposes. Not sure if Pw would let us, but then again, we might try.
After all, stealth-skin already exists in ERverse, so invisibility would not be that OP. And Glorious Steve knows we need more reality-affecting drugs to sell in the Meditech section of the Armory list.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19412 on: July 03, 2015, 12:35:00 pm »

So any one pick me for a mission?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19413 on: July 03, 2015, 12:45:31 pm »

Don't worry, you're a newcomer so you are definitely going to be taken on one of the missions. We're just waiting with RC for Caellath to pick the cream of volunteers. Because Black Ops.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19414 on: July 03, 2015, 12:45:50 pm »

No one has been picked yet. Patience, young padawan.

Hey, anybody interested in a potion of invisibility? I got one, but I doubt it can make a battlesuit invisible (and even if it did, I don't think it would mask the noise), so I've been keeping it as a last resort.

But I figure it might be more useful to someone else, especially with the kind of missions we've got coming. Anybody want it?

I'm interested. What's the price?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19415 on: July 03, 2015, 12:46:51 pm »

No one has been picked yet. Patience, young padawan.

urg to tea rising, must make some one other then ozark drink tea. might as well make it me.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19416 on: July 03, 2015, 01:00:20 pm »

I was thinking about giving it away, actually, but if you want to give me tokens, then 2 would be fine.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19417 on: July 03, 2015, 01:16:47 pm »

Don't worry, you're a newcomer so you are definitely going to be taken on one of the missions. We're just waiting with RC for Caellath to pick the cream of volunteers. Because Black Ops.

The cream. Yes, surely. That's what I'm picking. Kinda.

Skylar is being drafted into this one and he'll be the babysitter for the med/aux newbies. I think one veteran character for each area - med/aux and combat - to oversee the efforts of the newbies will be enough.

OOC, I'd like the people joining Joker to say when they're going to have IRL troubles and will be AFK for a while so that the veterans or other player may auto them sensibly if necessary.

Edit:
I call it the "Doctor Suit" (alternate name "The Cannibal")

I hadn't seen that post. It could probably have some (reinforced) skeletally thin arms/limbs and maybe an unnecessary amount of holes - even if shallow and painted black - to trigger trypophobia if you want to go full-blown psychological warfare. Hm, now we need a combat suit like that.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:31:33 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19418 on: July 03, 2015, 01:32:41 pm »

I have a list of six I expect will go on the Joker mission. Skylar was one of the two I thought would be a shoe-in. Actually, I have a guess as to where each player on the volunteer list (as of late lat night) will end up. Perfect record so far :P

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19419 on: July 03, 2015, 08:24:21 pm »

run a  basic combat simulation for anita to run with a laser rifle and knife, have the combat increase in difficulty overtime. then go back to debrief room so I can do some missions.
"Two things: One: Once I know what fucking mission I'm on I'll do it; and 2: Would it be able to read the physical differences?"
In case your number two is real, then no, it wouldn't be able to read them. VR machines only know what they've been programmed to know. They'd need more data put into them to understand you're not just another human.

On the other hand, if you have some sort of adaptive mutation, there is a very slim chance the virtual stress of the VR might be enough to trigger a real physical response, especially if you connect your mind directly to it instead of using the suggestive drug IV.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19420 on: July 03, 2015, 08:27:11 pm »

run a  basic combat simulation for anita to run with a laser rifle and knife, have the combat increase in difficulty overtime. then go back to debrief room so I can do some missions.
"Two things: One: Once I know what fucking mission I'm on I'll do it; and 2: Would it be able to read the physical differences?"
In case your number two is real, then no, it wouldn't be able to read them. VR machines only know what they've been programmed to know. They'd need more data put into them to understand you're not just another human.

On the other hand, if you have some sort of adaptive mutation, there is a very slim chance the virtual stress of the VR might be enough to trigger a real physical response, especially if you connect your mind directly to it instead of using the suggestive drug IV.
Well. If it won't trigger anything then I won't run it and I will just stick with anita and study the effects. see if this can be used as a gene mod
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19421 on: July 03, 2015, 08:28:10 pm »

It was sorta-real. Up to the point I'd read it wouldn't have been able to do that, but I wasn't sure if PW had changed it (like, maybe the new ship had more advanced VR) or not.

I did not know the second point, though. Something to watch out for.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19422 on: July 03, 2015, 08:32:50 pm »

I just wish to see how combat effective you are now.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19423 on: July 03, 2015, 08:33:56 pm »

The change might be more noticeable if I didn't have a -1 in strength... unless it's more about durability?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19424 on: July 03, 2015, 08:35:19 pm »

The change might be more noticeable if I didn't have a -1 in strength... unless it's more about durability?
perhaps the increases in muscle mass shall change things
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1293 1294 [1295] 1296 1297 ... 2205