Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1287 1288 [1289] 1290 1291 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490336 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19320 on: July 02, 2015, 12:28:12 pm »

Lars?  :P

Oh, wait, he's only got +1 Cha. That's strange.
Yeah, I haven't leveled up yet, so I was thinking if I should put my points in charisma to go +2 and join Joker...

But it's a newbie friendly mission. Going there will either make things too easy in the best case or up the difficulty tremendously in the worst case.
Not to mention that we have to do morally questionable things to humans, which Flint would be really conflicted about.
Which means I shouldn't go.

So I think it would be best if a 0 mission character changed his/her stats to have a +1 or even +2 charisma?

EDIT: Yeah, just checked and all the volunteers have -1 and -2 charisma. The best is Aoshima's with 0 charisma and 3 points in it.
Everyone is taking charisma as a dump stat, it seems.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:31:06 pm by Parisbre56 »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19321 on: July 02, 2015, 12:30:57 pm »

I could move the -1 of charisma somewhere else and move the +1 intuition or Dexterity to charisma.

Any suggestions on what to move the -1 to?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:34:08 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19322 on: July 02, 2015, 12:33:29 pm »

I could move the -1 of charisma somewhere else and move the +1 intuition or Dexterity to charisma.
It would guarantee you a spot on the mission if you put a +1 or +2 in charisma, since nobody else has that.
EDIT: Then again, if that drunk-like effect is permanent... Well, let's hope you need charisma for looking beautiful and not for speaking
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:35:11 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19323 on: July 02, 2015, 01:09:46 pm »

Lars?  :P

Oh, wait, he's only got +1 Cha. That's strange.

A quirk of my insistence of giving him +3 Fate.  I should probably fix that... maybe even should have started going there with M20.  Hmm...

But yeah, Lars will go whereever the commanders want him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19324 on: July 02, 2015, 01:14:55 pm »

It would guarantee you a spot on the mission if you put a +1 or +2 in charisma, since nobody else has that.
EDIT: Then again, if that drunk-like effect is permanent... Well, let's hope you need charisma for looking beautiful and not for speaking
I would think that it's more of a passive thing, and if she takes her time she won't be swearing like a drunk sailor.

Any suggestions on where to move that -1?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19325 on: July 02, 2015, 01:27:32 pm »

I would think that it's more of a passive thing, and if she takes her time she won't be swearing like a drunk sailor.

Any suggestions on where to move that -1?
That depends on what you want to die from.
-1 intuition means you'll die because either you touched something you shouldn't had or went through a door you shouldn't had or a teammate did something stupid and you failed to notice it in time to react
-1 fate means that you died because when that grenade exploded the shrapnel were attracted to you for some reason or you lost a game of dice with death
-1 endurance means you died because the universe hates your squishy body
-1 mind means you died because aliens mindraped you, optionally making you kill the rest of the people on your team or because you weren't smart enough to solve that logical puzzle to unlock the door in time.

If you were only going on this mission, I'd suggest -1 mind, because you are less likely to contact mindrape and I'm pretty sure fast talking someone only requires charisma and perhaps general knowledge, not mind. However, in that case, you'd need to put a few points into Mind if you want to go to those kinds of alien mindrape missions in the future. But if this mission lasts longer than a normal one like piecewise said it might, you're likely to get a double level up and thus gain the ability to bring this to +1 if you want. Or just try to avoid missions that sound like they have mindfuck.

You could also put -1 in Endurance if you trust your teammates and your luck to keep you safe until the end of the mission or intuition if you think your teammates will be watching your back and providing you with intelligence and information. It's all about working as a team in Joker missions.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:29:29 pm by Parisbre56 »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19326 on: July 02, 2015, 01:30:34 pm »

Looking through the stats of the volunteers, most of them are either +1 or average on intuition, so as long as Anita lets everyone else go first it should be fine.

Officially moving the +1 intuition to charisma, and the -1 charisma to intuition. I'll make the change myself.
Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19327 on: July 02, 2015, 01:33:08 pm »

Henk on a Joker mission. Make it happen.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19328 on: July 02, 2015, 01:38:07 pm »

Any advice on what mission I should go on? I don't want to leave up to potentially random choice, but I'm not particularly suited for any of them. I'm kind of interested in the joker mission, but I'm not sure if I'd be very useful.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19329 on: July 02, 2015, 01:41:21 pm »

Henk on a Joker mission. Make it happen.
I do have the medic skill and the amp will come in useful, almost everything i have I build my self, multiple knives and pointy things to throw with my kin amp!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19330 on: July 02, 2015, 01:45:41 pm »

Any advice on what mission I should go on? I don't want to leave up to potentially random choice, but I'm not particularly suited for any of them. I'm kind of interested in the joker mission, but I'm not sure if I'd be very useful.

Don't go on the one that's for much better armed people if you can help it is my advice. Seems, however, that with your -1 Mind and Intuition you'd probably best steer clear of mind-altering alternate dimensions, however.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19331 on: July 02, 2015, 01:47:25 pm »

Inb4 a proverbial tug-o-war for NOT having to take spazycat's char on his mission.

Not it!  :P

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19332 on: July 02, 2015, 01:49:59 pm »

Inb4 a proverbial tug-o-war for NOT having to take spazycat's char on his mission.

Not it!  :P
Oh come on! YOu just have to make sure I am not with Ozark or Anita.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19333 on: July 02, 2015, 01:50:51 pm »

Why not Anita?
Sigtext!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19334 on: July 02, 2015, 01:56:56 pm »

Why not Anita?
I can see problems with an aggressive alcoholic and an insane person together, we would make a good team but if it requires stealth....actually I take it back, we should work together!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1287 1288 [1289] 1290 1291 ... 2205