Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1284 1285 [1286] 1287 1288 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491434 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19275 on: July 01, 2015, 05:53:14 pm »

Long-term? I think I'm staying out of Joker's too this time. Time to begin planning my abductions of Joker inductees-to-be.

Would you consider going on a 'regular' mission instead, for a change? As a guest of honor, perhaps.  ;)

Funny thing, Milno is probably the only person Maurice could humbly and voluntarily pass mission command to.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19276 on: July 01, 2015, 05:56:50 pm »

Noobs don't do Joker Missions, right?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19277 on: July 01, 2015, 06:01:07 pm »

Long-term? I think I'm staying out of Joker's too this time. Time to begin planning my abductions of Joker inductees-to-be.

Edit: I just noticed something. Did the X3 rifle from Michael Bayson get sold in the player market and the tokens headed over to the "general" team fund instead of the Joker team fun?

Looks like. Why wouldn't it be? It was purchased with his own tokens. The fact that he was on a Joker team mission when he died doesn't change that. Or did you and RC decide that would be what happened, via PM?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19278 on: July 01, 2015, 06:10:35 pm »

Noobs don't do Joker Missions, right?

Joker missions can be the most noob-friendly of the lot sometimes. It depends on the actual mission.

Looks like. Why wouldn't it be? It was purchased with his own tokens. The fact that he was on a Joker team mission when he died doesn't change that. Or did you and RC decide that would be what happened, via PM?

I do not understand what him purchasing it with his own tokens have to do with the matter, but I simply supposed that the items of the dead go to the respective team's funds - at least until piecewise established the new rule about dead characters leaving - lest all of the dead people's belongings are hogged by the General Fund. It is of little consequence now that Joker members destroyed some of the General mission fund's material.

Talking of which: renegadelobster, did you calculate the damage caused? I think the prototype doesn't count towards the debt.

Edit:
Would you consider going on a 'regular' mission instead, for a change? As a guest of honor, perhaps.  ;)

Maybe, we'll see. If there are damned sand worms the team must kill them all this time around.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 06:20:25 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19279 on: July 01, 2015, 09:09:09 pm »

If I did my math right, it was 20 tokens from the team fund. So that brings my total up to...38 I think?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19280 on: July 01, 2015, 09:12:45 pm »

SOooo, I'm a little unclear. Can we loot dead teammembers' corpses? do we get to keep what we loot? Does it matter whether the person is tempdead or not?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19281 on: July 01, 2015, 09:14:59 pm »

Generally, if they're temp-dead, it's borrowing. If they're perma-dead, go for it
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19282 on: July 01, 2015, 11:24:11 pm »

lot of mission team guys are posting On Ship actions. I think you guys might want to tone it down to "Go to Briefing" since, PW called a Shut Up Everyone Moment, in large bold letters. I did post a "go to briefing" post, because Pancaek and I were specifically addressed by Steve, and Ppancaek posted his "go to briefing" post, otherwise , iwasn't going to post anything.

ALRIGHT EVERYONE, SETTLE DOWN. HEY, YOU TWO IN THE CORNER! YEAH YOU, PANCAEK AND THE NEW GUY! WIPE THAT BLOOD OFF YOUR HANDS AND DRAG SPAZYAK'S SEVERED HEAD AND WHATS LEFT OF HIS BODY TO THE INFIRMARY!  ITS TIME FOR THE NEXT ROUND OF MISSIONS, SPACE COWBOYS.

Specifically, I'm gonna post the briefings later today, so this is the "Everyone shut up" moment. For anyone new: After we post the briefings I'm gonna let the mission leaders choose their members and then those people will have a short while to get ready before we blast them off into the screaming void. Anyone not going on the mission should refrain from posting actions. I've got like 40 players and limited time here, so an entire ship of you bastards running around and doing things ain't gonna cut it. So let us get these things started and then back to business as usual.

One of our missions is gonna be presented and run by our very own Maurice, Head of secret science bullshit on Heph. So look forward to that!
Red and sized added for emphasis.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19283 on: July 01, 2015, 11:25:41 pm »

Thinking about it, I might just let team leaders decide if they want Lars to go or not.  The urge to take a mission break and do some on-ship work is rising.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19284 on: July 02, 2015, 12:00:09 am »

lot of mission team guys are posting On Ship actions. I think you guys might want to tone it down to "Go to Briefing" since, PW called a Shut Up Everyone Moment, in large bold letters. I did post a "go to briefing" post, because Pancaek and I were specifically addressed by Steve, and Ppancaek posted his "go to briefing" post, otherwise , iwasn't going to post anything.

ALRIGHT EVERYONE, SETTLE DOWN. HEY, YOU TWO IN THE CORNER! YEAH YOU, PANCAEK AND THE NEW GUY! WIPE THAT BLOOD OFF YOUR HANDS AND DRAG SPAZYAK'S SEVERED HEAD AND WHATS LEFT OF HIS BODY TO THE INFIRMARY!  ITS TIME FOR THE NEXT ROUND OF MISSIONS, SPACE COWBOYS.

Specifically, I'm gonna post the briefings later today, so this is the "Everyone shut up" moment. For anyone new: After we post the briefings I'm gonna let the mission leaders choose their members and then those people will have a short while to get ready before we blast them off into the screaming void. Anyone not going on the mission should refrain from posting actions. I've got like 40 players and limited time here, so an entire ship of you bastards running around and doing things ain't gonna cut it. So let us get these things started and then back to business as usual.

One of our missions is gonna be presented and run by our very own Maurice, Head of secret science bullshit on Heph. So look forward to that!
Red and sized added for emphasis.

Oh I"m aware - I'm asking about mechanical things in a place were PW can catch them more easily.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19285 on: July 02, 2015, 12:21:10 am »

Edit: I just noticed something. Did the X3 rifle from Michael Bayson get sold in the player market and the tokens headed over to the "general" team fund instead of the Joker team fund?

I don't know exactly what that means, but I do know that I'm the guy that bought it. Not sure if that helps or not.

I'll give you  all a sneak peak here

Nik's mission is heading to a rather odd place. Remember the Samsonite Abyss? We may have found something similar.

The Main Mission is checking out an ally of ours that has gone silent, and gone silent in a very disconcerting way.

And the Joker team mission is a possibly long term mission involving organ theft.

Are there any qualifications I have to meet to go on a joker mission? Or are they open to newbies like me?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19286 on: July 02, 2015, 12:22:10 am »

Organ theft what? I'm a medic what?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19287 on: July 02, 2015, 01:01:18 am »

I'll give you  all a sneak peak here

Nik's mission is heading to a rather odd place. Remember the Samsonite Abyss? We may have found something similar.

The Main Mission is checking out an ally of ours that has gone silent, and gone silent in a very disconcerting way.

And the Joker team mission is a possibly long term mission involving organ theft.

Are there any qualifications I have to meet to go on a joker mission? Or are they open to newbies like me?

Not really, just make Milno believe you are good choice for the mission.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19288 on: July 02, 2015, 01:05:10 am »

Don't uh, don't repeat Rookies mistakes and you should be fine

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19289 on: July 02, 2015, 01:10:54 am »

Seems like I missed stuff, again. Gotta put dem points going, and check what to do with the moni. Especially now that there is no testing suit for extra safety.
Pages: 1 ... 1284 1285 [1286] 1287 1288 ... 2205