Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1275 1276 [1277] 1278 1279 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488591 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19140 on: June 30, 2015, 05:46:49 pm »

the exact same thing swould have been said if I had more time in RL to actively post sooner.
What, you'd have made no comment about my strange manner of speech and wording? I feel like my planning and RP effort was slightly wasted.

Anyway, so could Milno in the nuke ship or other people during other missions. Unfortunately, RL sometimes gets in the way and we can't get what we want.

Also, have you actually asked pw if your shuttle can't do it?
Yes, I have, multiple times. But he did not respond and I stopped trying because I try not to bug piecewise too much, especially for OOC stiff. Instead he offered your shuttle the chance to rescue him. And when alternate ways of him were offered, he did not take them under consideration. So either he wants you to save him, or there's a reason for you to save him. So I'll try to achieve what I have to do using what I can get.

It would had been better if others were conscious to help, if we had more time to RP so that I could convince you, but you can't always get what you want. I did not expect such an extreme reaction to my actions but I rolled with it and tried to make the best out of it and got lucky.

Note that I'd do that even if there was nothing more to gain than Xan's life, I'd just offer less tokens for it. Probably around 1-3 per person.

We're gonna need an extra week between missions for the Mission 20 Meltdown and On-Ship Slugfest.
Mission 21: Mandatory Group Therapy
"Pass this live hand grenade to someone and tell them what you feel about them."

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19141 on: June 30, 2015, 06:18:44 pm »

"Pass this live hand grenade to someone and tell them what you feel about them."

[1]
You pass the grenade to the person to your left: Henk Reinold. You decide to be brutally honest with him, and tell him exactly what you think of him.

accept grenade is given, offer tea

You hold out your hand, and take the grenade from Flint while muttering nervously about tea. You try to listen to what he says, but it hurts your feelings. One of the voices starts quietly insulting him. More join in, and the voices rapidly increase in volume. You become unable to hear Flint over the sound of the voices screaming profanity at him. You begin to sob, and try to resist the urge to pull the pin.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:20:39 pm by AkumaKasai »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19142 on: June 30, 2015, 06:19:22 pm »

We should have mission 21 be a mandatory group therapy for those on the ship! also get ready for a hostage crisis!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19143 on: June 30, 2015, 06:20:49 pm »

[1]
You pass the grenade to the person to your left: Henk Reinold. You decide to be brutally honest with him, and tell him exactly what you think of him.

You hold out your hand, and take th grenade from Flint while muttering nervously about tea. He try to listen to what he says, but it hurts your feelings. One of the voices starts quietly insulting him. More join in, and the voices rapidly increase in volume. You become unable to hear Flint over the sound of the voices screaming profanity at him. You begin to sob, and try to resist the urge to pull the pin.
6. I sob quietly before shout "I just wanted a friend to drink tea with me!" Then pulls pin and rushes over to hug Ozark!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19144 on: June 30, 2015, 06:30:49 pm »

Okay, I know everyone else has actions, but they're all kinda irrelevant now.
6. I sob quietly before shout "I just wanted a friend to drink tea with me!" Then pulls pin and rushes over to hug Ozark!
Everybody stops what they're doing and watches Henk. He pulls the pin, and drops the grenade by his chair (between Flint and Milno] before rushing to the other side of the circle and embracing Dester.
[5] The hug works perfectly. The two are both deeply touched, and Dester starts to tear up as well. They're definitely making progress. However, the others have more pressing issues, such as a live grenade that's seconds away from exploding.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19145 on: June 30, 2015, 06:33:27 pm »

[1]

You hold out your hand, and take th grenade from Flint while muttering nervously about tea. He try to listen to what he says, but it hurts your feelings. One of the voices starts quietly insulting him. More join in, and the voices rapidly increase in volume. You become unable to hear Flint over the sound of the voices screaming profanity at him. You begin to sob, and try to resist the urge to pull the pin.

I'd refuse to attend a meeting of the whole of ARM without a Fatman suit at least, or possibly an Anomaly Suit.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19146 on: June 30, 2015, 06:41:15 pm »

[1]

I'd refuse to attend a meeting of the whole of ARM without a Fatman suit at least, or possibly an Anomaly Suit.

Everybody is wearing the standard ARM grey clothing, and all gear excluding genemods and implants has been confiscated. Unfortunately, it's mandatory therapy as well, so you didn't really have a chance.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19147 on: June 30, 2015, 06:44:19 pm »

[1]

Everybody is wearing the standard ARM grey clothing, and all gear excluding genemods and implants has been confiscated. Unfortunately, it's mandatory therapy as well, so you didn't really have a chance.
Incinerate the grenade with Microwave Amp!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19148 on: June 30, 2015, 06:45:24 pm »

[1]

Incinerate the grenade with Microwave Amp!
I don't think that would do any good...
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19149 on: June 30, 2015, 06:46:24 pm »

Yeah, burning a grenade tends to set it off. So does pulling the pin.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19150 on: June 30, 2015, 06:47:03 pm »

Yeah, burning a grenade tends to set it off. So does pulling the pin.
Yay! this should really be done!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19151 on: June 30, 2015, 06:51:18 pm »

Now, freezing the grenade... especially freezing the slowly burning fuse... ;)

I'm not sure on exact physics of such weird temperature changes, but with temperature of 'burn' part suddenly dropping to 'non-burn', it would mean effectively disabling the fuse (and/or slowing the chemical reaction if there is any), wouldn't it?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19152 on: June 30, 2015, 06:52:20 pm »

Now, freezing the grenade... especially freezing the slowly burning fuse... ;)

I'm not sure on exact physics of such weird temperature changes, but with temperature of 'burn' part suddenly dropping to 'non-burn', it would mean effectively disabling the fuse (and/or slowing the chemical reaction if there is any), wouldn't it?
could cuase the grenade to explode, it would make the radius smaller but the debris deadlier. krak grenades from warhammer 40k work that way. Perhaps we could make grenades that work this way for us.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:55:13 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #19153 on: June 30, 2015, 06:54:33 pm »

Could freeze it then crack it open on the ground.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19154 on: June 30, 2015, 07:40:27 pm »

Man, so many o Gyromitra team voted to rescue Xan. Why so much fuss over this particular character? I like Xantalos, and all, I think he's an interesting player in the other contexts I've seen him, but why is everyone so insistent on retrieving this guy?

Hey, Executive Dumbo? you were in the rec room, right? That's where the VR is, I believe, so you should already know pretty much exactly what just happened.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 07:42:47 pm by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 ... 1275 1276 [1277] 1278 1279 ... 2205