Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1270 1271 [1272] 1273 1274 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487574 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19065 on: June 30, 2015, 03:30:37 am »

"I remind anyone who wants to try percussive maintenance on their comrades or the shuttle that I've got an untested less-than-lethal weapon, a total lack of ethics, and about ten minutes to write a combat-effectiveness report!"

Menace
"I SHALL INCAPACITATE YOU!"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19066 on: June 30, 2015, 03:40:26 am »

People seem to get really nervous in shuttles. Maybe Steve should just lace their internal atmosphere with paralytics.
Or Xenospit.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19067 on: June 30, 2015, 03:42:41 am »

People seem to get really nervous in shuttles. Maybe Steve should just lace their internal atmosphere with paralytics.
Or Xenospit.
I CAN FEEL ALL FIVE OF MY FLOWERING PUPILS
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #19068 on: June 30, 2015, 07:37:44 am »

I'd rather appreciate it if you guys don't shoot me.

If you do and I somehow survive, I'll turn the shuttle around and go back to the planet.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19069 on: June 30, 2015, 08:33:54 am »

M20 Gyromitra: How a virtually complete mission can still be failed on the return trip. Practical Handbook, Volume Two.

Did Volume One (pertaining M19) sell that bad that the ARM needed a sequel?..
But then again, the more people perma-die before the briefing, the more tokens will each of the survivors get!
:P

See U_P's sig for my opinion on this.

If you do and I somehow survive, I'll turn the shuttle around and go back to the planet.

"Kids if you do not sit down and shut up so help me I am turning this car around!"

I bet there's a "vent passenger compartment" button in there, just FYI.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19070 on: June 30, 2015, 08:45:20 am »

All Kyle has is a Red Hand, and you're wearing a Mk II. If he shoots you with the laser you'll barely be harmed, if it even pierces your suit, and you have a Spektr to return fire with. You're only in danger if he thinks to use the Red Hand's lightning instead or somebody unintentionally points out that although the Mk II protects against normal lasers, it won't protect against electrical shock.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19071 on: June 30, 2015, 08:52:11 am »

Or, he'll shoot himself for trying to start a scuffle. Since he's the only one with actions to start a scuffle, but has a contradictory action targeting such behavior.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #19072 on: June 30, 2015, 09:02:29 am »

It's technically an MCP-II.

Hmm... The MCP series is made of metal right? Wouldn't being completely covered in metal make the suit into a faraday cage, which would insulate the wearer from electrical arcs as long as there is somewhere for the electricity to go?

I think the MCP series is made of metal, anyway. I can't find the relevant information on the wiki or the Tinker thread.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #19073 on: June 30, 2015, 09:12:43 am »

All Kyle has is a Red Hand, and you're wearing a Mk II. If he shoots you with the laser you'll barely be harmed, if it even pierces your suit, and you have a Spektr to return fire with. You're only in danger if he thinks to use the Red Hand's lightning instead or somebody unintentionally points out that although the Mk II protects against normal lasers, it won't protect against electrical shock.
Isn't it a logical conclusion that I would use the lightning button no matter what since that's the main selling point of the weapon? And thus, the main attack?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19074 on: June 30, 2015, 09:13:38 am »

It only works in atmosphere, so if you blow a hole in the craft, it won't work.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19075 on: June 30, 2015, 09:50:02 am »

It's technically an MCP-II.

Hmm... The MCP series is made of metal right? Wouldn't being completely covered in metal make the suit into a faraday cage, which would insulate the wearer from electrical arcs as long as there is somewhere for the electricity to go?

I think the MCP series is made of metal, anyway. I can't find the relevant information on the wiki or the Tinker thread.
I believe the insulation system of MK suits actually has the unfortunate side effect of directing all electrical current that hits the suit directly into the user, actually making it safer to go into a lightning storm naked rather than go into it wearing a MK suit. And since the MCP suits use a similar insulation system...

It only works in atmosphere, so if you blow a hole in the craft, it won't work.
There is already a hole in the craft from when the AA hit them. They have already lost atmosphere.
However, the shuttle is made at least partially out of metal. And if this thing has power comparable to a Tesla sabre, then touching it to a wall will have unfortunate sideffects for all.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19076 on: June 30, 2015, 11:04:17 am »

If Piecewise is still on IRC, can someone ask him this? I feel like it'd be faster.

((Are the mental effects of the injection Anita got like drunkenness {slurred words and such} or does it just make her curse a lot and try to come onto people?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19077 on: June 30, 2015, 11:23:00 am »

Change mind about flushing hand at the last second and simply throw it into my trunk in my room

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~hyper/POE/telltale.html

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19078 on: June 30, 2015, 11:23:16 am »

So, he shocked everyone? Including People who weren't going to fight, wounded, and General Miyamoto?

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19079 on: June 30, 2015, 11:30:37 am »

Change mind about flushing hand at the last second and simply disable it, package it, and mail it to Hephaestus. Add in this note:

Dear Admins: within enclosed is the last sample of Mesk flesh still around. I was wondering if you can use this and a VR overlay of mesk's personality and memories to revive him. Failing that, might I suggest it could be used for biowarfare purposes?

Return to the Armory, once again try to buy tazor, and once again attempt to shock the fuck out of Henk to stop him from enslaving the dude. Resort to more lethal means if this fails.[/b]
How are you going to let Dester out? He's locked in a room, and you don't know the password to get in. If you taze him you'll just risk killing him, which would make it even harder to let Dester out of the room.
Lock my room and spend my turn making more knives and serrated discs, then give ozark tea and vodka....lots of vodka!
I'm picturing an enormous version of one of those water bottles you put in hamster cages, filled entirely with vodka.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:32:19 am by AkumaKasai »
Pages: 1 ... 1270 1271 [1272] 1273 1274 ... 2205