Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1253 1254 [1255] 1256 1257 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490322 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18810 on: June 25, 2015, 02:27:42 pm »

We should really rename that thing to kinetic multiplier or IKEA or something, because people keep confusing it with psychokinetic amplifiers.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18811 on: June 25, 2015, 02:30:29 pm »

The Power Glove.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18812 on: June 25, 2015, 02:35:56 pm »

The Power Glove.
The +5 Glove of Punch Harder.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18813 on: June 25, 2015, 02:36:10 pm »

The Power Glove.

I'd be up for this, but this would support the other misconception about the kinamp, which is that it actually increases your strength.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18814 on: June 25, 2015, 02:42:40 pm »

XCOM called their mechs' power fists Kinetic Strike Modules. Why not just Kinetic Striker, or Kinetic Impactor?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18815 on: June 25, 2015, 02:47:33 pm »

On the topic of God-Steve, I wonder if the UWM are running extensive checks on the rest of their wetware AIs right about now. Maybe there's an AI discrimination angle we could latch onto.

Although they're mostly uncomplicated AIs, I guess, like ARES or something.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18816 on: June 25, 2015, 02:52:29 pm »

Yeah, M19 people can post. I should have told you beforehand it'd take me a while to make a decision on token count so there you have it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18817 on: June 25, 2015, 02:58:47 pm »

On the topic of God-Steve, I wonder if the UWM are running extensive checks on the rest of their wetware AIs right about now. Maybe there's an AI discrimination angle we could latch onto.

Probably not like ARES, it was reasonably complicated. Still is, since its Steveified copy is running on its own. An uncomplicated AI would be more like ALVIN.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18818 on: June 25, 2015, 03:01:27 pm »

Yes, ARES did seem like it was somewhat top-of-the-line in complexity, so there's probably not much the UWM needs to keep an eye on anyway. Maybe plug up the security holes Steve has left in a lot of places.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18819 on: June 25, 2015, 03:08:54 pm »

I just want to say, you guys are absolutely insane.  (As am I, I suppose for trying to read through all of ER)

I'm on page 362 of the original mission thread, and 315 of the on-ship thread(Mission 6).  I read everything, not just piecewise's posts.

...that is all.  Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18820 on: June 25, 2015, 03:30:11 pm »

We shouldn't rename the Kinetic Amplifier, the name is appropriate. Just rename the psychokinetic amplifiers, because they aren't actually amplifying anything.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18821 on: June 25, 2015, 03:31:55 pm »

We shouldn't rename the Kinetic Amplifier, the name is appropriate. Just rename the psychokinetic amplifiers, because they aren't actually amplifying anything.

Problem is, what they actually do is classified information. So correctly naming them is accordingly a problem.

Also, easier to rename the kinetic amplifier than the entire variety of psychokinetic amplifiers.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18822 on: June 25, 2015, 03:38:59 pm »

Speaking of which, IIRC the guy who was currently carrying the X3 gauss rifle and wanted to sell it, I'd be happy to pay your price for it(my previous char was the owner of it after all after getting it from the teamfund. Only ever fired it at a teamate :P)

That was me. I'm contemplating liquidating my assets to pay for one of them power glove thingies. Bonus points if I can combine it with a force infuser and recharge it by bashing it into things.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18823 on: June 25, 2015, 03:50:16 pm »

Problem is, what they actually do is classified information. So correctly naming them is accordingly a problem.

Also, easier to rename the kinetic amplifier than the entire variety of psychokinetic amplifiers.

Brain Magic Calculators

Wait, when did Steve go loud? We brought someone called Steve on the diplomacy mission specifically to pin the blame on anyone mentioning Steve to the Q'bajans, didn't we?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18824 on: June 25, 2015, 03:55:04 pm »

Speaking of which, IIRC the guy who was currently carrying the X3 gauss rifle and wanted to sell it, I'd be happy to pay your price for it(my previous char was the owner of it after all after getting it from the teamfund. Only ever fired it at a teamate :P)

That was me. I'm contemplating liquidating my assets to pay for one of them power glove thingies. Bonus points if I can combine it with a force infuser and recharge it by bashing it into things.
that thing is conventional? I'd figure it would be multiclass (con/uncon) at least. It even has aspects of auxilliary in it. seems like you'd have to roll different stats depending on the use.
Pages: 1 ... 1253 1254 [1255] 1256 1257 ... 2205