Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493005 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18120 on: June 16, 2015, 01:28:46 pm »

@Radio Controlled
Yeah, I'd possibly suggest toying with gravity instead of mass in case it's more efficient in terms of effort/effect. But you're right, with Morul tired it's not on the table, really. Unless...
Oh shi-

Radio, you silly leader. Doesn't Miyamoto recall what Maurice tried to tell him so desperately? Something that he went as far as personally testing out? And something that apparently works for amps since the old-style manipulators were just amps in a different guise?
You know you have a way of potentially replenishing Morul right there (and if it doesn't work for some reason, you're no worse than before), and probably even in a sufficiently short period of time.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18121 on: June 16, 2015, 01:29:39 pm »

With fewer people shooting down the enemies, we'll get some more hits... I suppose it's unavoidable at this point.  Looks like this mission will be deadlier than 18, I think.

I'm hoping that the attacks will stop now that we nuked the area they came from.

I do wonder if we just rolled really badly or what. We had 4 people working on it, still wasn't enough.

@nik: I don't think we have any alcohol on us.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18122 on: June 16, 2015, 01:32:56 pm »

You do have a nasty backup option. The biggest weight in/on the shuttle right now is Miya's Avatar. Without it, the shuttle could have enough thrust in its remaining engines to resume ascent...

Which would leave Miya to an unfortunate fate, since even if he survives falling down, he likely won't survive long enough to be picked up again.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18123 on: June 16, 2015, 01:36:41 pm »

That's a last ditch option I'm considering, but I'll be checking all our other options first. We can ditch the assaultsuit once it's out of fuel though, that'll be something, and if there are other shuttles Miya could try moving to one of them.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18124 on: June 16, 2015, 01:38:22 pm »

Better one or two dead than a TPK.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18125 on: June 16, 2015, 01:39:28 pm »

@Radio Controlled
Aaaand let me check the cheatsheets... Bingo!
According to wiki, Kyle Johnson has a flask of booze. Bless his prepared soul. Now the only thing left is having the team's medic (Kyle himself, for example) work out the dosage and administer it to Morul's robobody. And then work out a way to detox him.
I mean, that's better than doing nothing and slowly waiting for death in the belly of a giant metal bird?

@Sean Mirrsen Actually, I'd wager that Miyamoto can (easily, even) survive on the ground until the shuttles come. Especially if he tries and removes the inhibitions, with no friendlies nearby anyway. Now the shuttles might have trouble reaching him, and that's a whole different worry.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18126 on: June 16, 2015, 01:45:08 pm »

That's a last ditch option I'm considering, but I'll be checking all our other options first. We can ditch the assaultsuit once it's out of fuel though, that'll be something, and if there are other shuttles Miya could try moving to one of them.
ready for space magic testing on Zoltan?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18127 on: June 16, 2015, 01:51:23 pm »

@Nik: kay then, guess we might as well try.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18128 on: June 16, 2015, 01:57:13 pm »

Cant miya just jump out of the shuttle and amp punt himself into orbit?

Edit: and by jump out i mean get dropped, or detached, or let go, whatever it is that he needs to do to seperate his mass from the shuttle.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:59:24 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18129 on: June 16, 2015, 02:18:15 pm »

Just read the story of Miyamoto. So he's the strongest bloke round here then?
One wheel short of a wagon

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18130 on: June 16, 2015, 02:24:59 pm »

Strongest by virtue of personal achievement, yes. There have been a few contenders for the "strongest person out there" floating around, but they were mostly products of the Doctor's insane experiments, are currently mostly stasis-catatonic (or deprived of their powers, as in case of Xan) and still might or might not have been up to the might of our proud General Miyamoto.
Past Sigs

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18131 on: June 16, 2015, 02:33:21 pm »

But he can still be taken out by a single lucky (or more likely unlucky friendly) amp attack. I still can't understand why he hasn't bought a shield  automanipulator or two for his organic body.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18132 on: June 16, 2015, 02:58:36 pm »

Well, Snapdragon was a pretty uneventful resuce. Well, uneventful compared to how missions normally go.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18133 on: June 16, 2015, 03:10:05 pm »

As for Gyromitra? Currently we're wondering if the holes in our ship are large enough to shoot at incoming projectiles through ::)
One wheel short of a wagon

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18134 on: June 16, 2015, 03:12:43 pm »

((If only we had someone who was skilled in medical matters))
((If only we had one that wasn't dead. Seriously, what's up with the medics being the first to die on this mission?))
And now you know why (and how) I came to the painful realisation "there's not gonna be a medic around when you really need them, so you better be a medic yourself" :P
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 ... 2205