Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1206 1207 [1208] 1209 1210 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492819 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18105 on: June 16, 2015, 12:07:27 pm »

The wall of remembrance now has 30 people listed on it! Lets shoot for 50, everyone!
Feels like a perverse Kickstarter of a sort. "We've reached the goal of detailed gory deaths for everyone! Now let's get to 50 for frequent TPKs and the special scenario of Steve venting the quarters!"

Where do we keep that wall these days? Can't find it for some reason. A link or a kick in right direction would be appreciated.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18106 on: June 16, 2015, 12:09:58 pm »

The wall of remembrance now has 30 people listed on it! Lets shoot for 50, everyone!
Feels like a perverse Kickstarter of a sort. "We've reached the goal of detailed gory deaths for everyone! Now let's get to 50 for frequent TPKs and the special scenario of Steve venting the quarters!"

Look for HEP pyramid. If I don't find it, shine suit lamps around at the debris and ask Steve to analyze the feed to check for any reflections off the pyramid. If the lights attract Mesk's bugs, get back to the shuttle carefully but quickly. If at any point I find the pyramid, scoop it into an artifact container and get back to the shuttle carefully.
You look around for the pyramid for several minutes, combing the area near mesk. You finally find it over by what might have been mesk's arm at one point. Or maybe just some charcoal briquettes. You reach out to grab it and it immediately "Latches" onto your arm with invisible force and proceeds to spin a few times, crunching, mulching and generally ruining your right hand and arm. Ow.
Here comes the second Milnoburger! You're truly a lucky person, sir, to be able to share this experience with one of the greatest heroes of our age! I envy you.
I'll go blow a hole in the space ship!!!!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18107 on: June 16, 2015, 12:23:23 pm »

Where do we keep that wall these days? Can't find it for some reason. A link or a kick in right direction would be appreciated.

The original thread, second post.

And Caellath, prepare Milno for dinner. You got one mulched arm coming.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:26:17 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18108 on: June 16, 2015, 12:24:06 pm »

Where it's always been: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.msg3151926#msg3151926

Maybe PW could make an index page with all the links in a locked thread with a single/a couple of posts and sticky it, instead of the first page of various threads method he's using now.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18109 on: June 16, 2015, 12:28:50 pm »

If anything, I'm asking to spare locking threads as much as possible (and maybe even unlock some of the old ones). Sure, if someone dares post there, by all means they should feel the wrath of GM, but locking threads means it's not possible to directly quote any of its contents, and that is saddening.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18110 on: June 16, 2015, 12:37:38 pm »

I'm really, really glad the MCP suits do that whole vacuum sealing thing. Also, so much for scooping it into a container. Fucking Dex roll, I assume.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18111 on: June 16, 2015, 12:41:56 pm »

Note, I asked pw to unlock the level up thread, so maybe wait till it's up to level up in there?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18112 on: June 16, 2015, 12:50:12 pm »

If anything, I'm asking to spare locking threads as much as possible (and maybe even unlock some of the old ones). Sure, if someone dares post there, by all means they should feel the wrath of GM, but locking threads means it's not possible to directly quote any of its contents, and that is saddening.
Sure. I'm talking about just having a small locked thread with no superfluid posts that will help answer some frequent questions and make finding info easier. You know, for new guys, since so apparently not everyone reads the wiki guide.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18113 on: June 16, 2015, 01:05:53 pm »

WHY WON'T THIS MISSION END AAAAAAAAAAH.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18114 on: June 16, 2015, 01:06:33 pm »

I wonder if it's possible to acquire speed via vector-manipping the speed (of either the shuttle or something/someone clinging to it extra hard) to something very high (no less than escape velocity, since they're already falling) instead of "pushing it" upwards. The latter appears more like an amp thing with continuous effect, whereas the former might be more in vein of manip thing with momentary change.

(This is a far-reaching hypothesis that might have lasting effect on future vehicle design, and in no way blatant OOCing of M20 Gyromitra situation, no sir. Of course I'm only suggesting it for the sake of Science!)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18115 on: June 16, 2015, 01:09:50 pm »

Yeah, I'm basically asking him to have Miya use his manip in whatever way gives us most speed/the best chance to get into a stable orbit. Dunno what the best method would be, since brainpoint,usage is vague and such, so I'll just describe the desired effect/outcome.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18116 on: June 16, 2015, 01:11:09 pm »

Literally? Because I'm bored in a spaceship right now.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18117 on: June 16, 2015, 01:13:35 pm »

Maybe Miya could temporarily reduce the shuttle's mass for a split second while someone else amp accelerates the entire thing upward. Since the amp force will remain the same, acceleration should go up. Working together that way might be more  efficient, if you can't just change the entire thing's vector.. At least I think we have mass lowering automanipulators, so it should be possible.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18118 on: June 16, 2015, 01:18:55 pm »

I'm the only one who can lower mass, and Morul is the only one with a mass amp. And he is really drained (and the last thing we need is an overload). So it's just Miya and whatever boost Iveso can give us.

Nunzillor

« Reply #18119 on: June 16, 2015, 01:21:29 pm »

With fewer people shooting down the enemies, we'll get some more hits... I suppose it's unavoidable at this point.  Looks like this mission will be deadlier than 18, I think.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:26:14 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 1206 1207 [1208] 1209 1210 ... 2205