Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1204 1205 [1206] 1207 1208 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492516 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18075 on: June 15, 2015, 04:06:21 pm »

Didn't the haebi punch a hole in the shuttle with their AA? Can't they shoot through that?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18076 on: June 15, 2015, 04:20:27 pm »

Oh, then I guess decompression isn't an issue then. Why aren't people firing conventional weapons? They're far better for hitting erratically moving targets.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18077 on: June 15, 2015, 04:45:36 pm »

There's still the  problem of accidentally hitting a fuel line or compromising the ship's structural integrity, so they can't just start shooting with reckless abandon. They'll have to shoot through the already existing holes or make new ones based on the advice of someone competent in these sort of stuff. And it's a bit hard to hit something moving fast while flying, doubly so when your FOV and range of movement is so limited (at least that's my experience from playing as the gunner of a vehicle in FPS games.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:47:36 pm by Parisbre56 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18078 on: June 15, 2015, 04:50:27 pm »

Yeah, some idiot just stole Parisbre's idea and told everyone to shoot out the holes. No idea who, but they're probably going to get us blown up now. Well, some people.
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18079 on: June 15, 2015, 05:04:04 pm »

We could use something like the LAAT, a transport/gunship with the ability to have the troops fire light and heavy guns through the doors and the pilot/gunners to do the same through auxiliary hardpoints.

But, you know, in a more realistic way. Maybe have some kind of turret above and below the centre of the ship where conventional weapons can be mounted without compromising the ship's atmosphere. Kinda like a flying fortress in WW2, where they fired machineguns through holes in the plane's hull, but better.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18080 on: June 15, 2015, 05:18:49 pm »

If someone suffers a built-in-manip/amp overload, who's for throwing them overboard/punching them through a wall with a kinamp?

Even the Science Star in china-9 took long enough to kick in that the guy nearly managed to run back up to the top of the dam
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18081 on: June 15, 2015, 06:15:47 pm »

I've put in that I'm tracking targets one at a time and carefully, and stopping if I start to feel the effects of the amp use. I'm trying very carefully to not blow this character up. He's been useful so far!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18082 on: June 15, 2015, 08:06:02 pm »

Gonna need one more negative level in both Stats and Skills. Three positive levels call for four negative ones.
I thought each time you added a +1 level, you subtracted one, and if you did a +2 you subtracted one or the first point, and two for the second (making it -3 for a +2 level?

Word of advice though I'm not sure I'm the one qualified to give it: -1 End is a Bad IdeaTM. Given the situation, Piecewise (the GM) may not even give you a survival roll.
wh-what situation? I thought I was on ship? Like, in a stasis pod or something?

Thanks guys :D

Okay, from what I've gleaned so far, a character sheet would look something like this:
Spoiler: Dester Gree: edited (click to show/hide)

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:48:00 pm by Ozarck »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18083 on: June 15, 2015, 08:17:33 pm »

It's slightly bit more complicated than that. To cut a long story short:
The whole table of possible variants for your convenience:
Code: [Select]
1 +1s:  1 -1s
2 +1s:  2 -1s if on separate stats, i.e. +1 and +1
2 +1s:  3 -1s if on the same stat, i.e. single +2
3 +1s:  4 -1s ( 4=1+1+2)          (the inefficiency of over-specialization starts to kick in)
4 +1s:  7 -1s ( 7=1+1+2+3)
5 +1s: 11 -1s (11=1+1+2+3+4)
And you can spread those around as you wish, combining into +2/-2 or keeping at +1/-1 (except for the two specified cases noted above).

Oh, and welcome aboard! And yeah, End -1 is perfectly acceptable, but you should understand and know you'll be really frail and prone to injuries, even more than generally happens around (and 'the situation' mentioned by other person being that our GM is the Piecewise, [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]). And there was at least one specific case where having at least End +1 was the key factor in whether a character would perma-die or merely die - but do not let that discourage you, for you might simply be luckier (or more competent) and avoid TPKs like that altogether.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:24:11 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18084 on: June 15, 2015, 08:27:07 pm »

Aw, PW is a big softie. He didn't even perma-murder all the M19 people!

((So now he'll murder all the M20 people to make up for it))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18085 on: June 15, 2015, 08:33:27 pm »

He didn't even give Mesk a roll because he had 0 END. It was in the behind the scenes talk thing.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18086 on: June 15, 2015, 08:49:55 pm »

well, I did hear that death was a likely outcome of any given mission, so I am prepared to create a new character a few times, depending on how the game goes. I almost regret not joining this game years ago. Someone's sig caught my eye and I read a snippet from one o the early missions, and it was hilarious.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18087 on: June 15, 2015, 09:02:47 pm »

He didn't even give Mesk a roll because he had 0 END. It was in the behind the scenes talk thing.
Yep, that's the thing I was referring to. Another important insight the behind the scenes talk gave us was that, apparently, Fate had nothing to do with any of M19 people surviving or not, only End. I guess this was because it was a full-blown TPK and not something that could be evaded and "sponged" by an unlucky unfated comrade beside you, but it certainly gave me understanding of priority of End before Fate.

But yes, Piecewise is soft, sweet and merciful. "Mistress Medicine"-brand merciful, as he really dislikes to break his toys which he loves inflicting pain and misery upon. But he has a profound sense of equality and narrative justice, meaning that he won't shirk from killing someone permanently when that is absolutely justified, and for being able to make calls and take decisions like that (among other things) he is truly a great GM. I'd like to be able to GM half as good as he does.

well, I did hear that death was a likely outcome of any given mission, so I am prepared to create a new character a few times, depending on how the game goes. I almost regret not joining this game years ago. Someone's sig caught my eye and I read a snippet from one o the early missions, and it was hilarious.
That's the spirit! Don't worry, Piecewise said ER is planned to run for at least a few years more, so you can still have your own fair share of Fun in this game.  ;)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18088 on: June 15, 2015, 09:41:55 pm »

I too wish I could gm half as well. So far, I think my first RTD as GM was my favorite. Sometimes I think I make everything a little too sane for Bay12 :'(

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18089 on: June 15, 2015, 10:02:55 pm »

Just saying, but if you guys on Gyomitra team don't want the man shooting the mindfuck gun, you may want to add an action to stop him. Because he hasn't edited it yet.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 1204 1205 [1206] 1207 1208 ... 2205