Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491876 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18045 on: June 15, 2015, 12:34:48 pm »

Dark Souls 3 got announced! Yay!

Oh...it's a direct sequel to ds2.

Oh no

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18046 on: June 15, 2015, 12:44:00 pm »

Hi everybody. I am interested in joining. This game is pretty massive, and I have no idea about anything. I looked a little at the new player info. How much investment (time, reading, braincells, squidbubbles, etc.) do I need to make before I build a character? and do I put that here or in the one currently labeled "ping pong massacre" or somewhere else? or should I follow the old advice and abandon all hope, having entered here?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18047 on: June 15, 2015, 12:47:09 pm »

This is the place to put your sheet.  You can jump in blind, but there's quite a bit of hilarity to be found and references to be understood in the old parts of the game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18048 on: June 15, 2015, 12:51:04 pm »

jump in blind, read the backlog in your spare time. anything you don't know, ask. your character has no reason to know the backlog anyway, so the questions will make perfect sense. anyone that you meet, remember to look them up in the wiki so you know who you're talking to.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18049 on: June 15, 2015, 01:03:44 pm »

Hmm. I should really update the newbie guide someday.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18050 on: June 15, 2015, 01:09:20 pm »

Hi everybody. I am interested in joining. This game is pretty massive, and I have no idea about anything. I looked a little at the new player info. How much investment (time, reading, braincells, squidbubbles, etc.) do I need to make before I build a character? and do I put that here or in the one currently labeled "ping pong massacre" or somewhere else? or should I follow the old advice and abandon all hope, having entered here?
welcome to the chaotic world of hell einstienian rullet, were crit failing a medical check with a -1 to medical skill leads to your character brutally ripping off his broken arm and then stabbing himself with it to.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18051 on: June 15, 2015, 01:22:30 pm »

Thanks guys :D

Okay, from what I've gleaned so far, a character sheet would look something like this:
Spoiler: Dester Gree (click to show/hide)

Any thoughts?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #18052 on: June 15, 2015, 01:29:05 pm »

Gonna need one more negative level in both Stats and Skills. Three positive levels call for four negative ones.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18053 on: June 15, 2015, 01:32:40 pm »

could some one update my characters info page n the wiki to include the now armoured MCP-1 suit that doesn't let my char move his knees. My char now has to waddle around everywhere....Like a penguin! I'm fixing that this turn anyways
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18054 on: June 15, 2015, 01:50:31 pm »

Thanks guys :D

Okay, from what I've gleaned so far, a character sheet would look something like this:
Spoiler: Dester Gree (click to show/hide)

Any thoughts?
Word of advice though I'm not sure I'm the one qualified to give it: -1 End is a Bad IdeaTM. Given the situation, Piecewise (the GM) may not even give you a survival roll.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18055 on: June 15, 2015, 01:55:21 pm »

It'll be more of a "how many limbs are you losing" roll.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #18056 on: June 15, 2015, 02:03:47 pm »

I still can't get over those unfortunate rolls of 1 on Dexterity -1 and 1 on Endurance +2. Result was permadeath. I mean, what were the odds.

And then again, you don't want to have anything below 0 on Str, Dex and End for a character who you plan to expose to physical threats.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18057 on: June 15, 2015, 02:05:04 pm »

One can sometimes be confident that they can avoid enemy fire long enough to not need endurance.
Once can never be confident that they can avoid friendly fire long enough to not need endurance.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18058 on: June 15, 2015, 02:09:44 pm »

One can sometimes be confident that they can avoid enemy fire long enough to not need endurance.
Once can never be confident that they can avoid friendly fire long enough to not need endurance.
I plan to just stay behind everyone else. i will probably be the team killer, not the team killed. Who wants to be mah meaty meat shields!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18059 on: June 15, 2015, 02:13:47 pm »

Death is inevitable.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 2205