Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 [1202] 1203 1204 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491132 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18015 on: June 14, 2015, 09:17:41 am »

Wait wait, why would an enormous synthflesh robot tailor made for murder and death be considered equipment, but a robobody or flesh sac not? A brain is wearing those just as much! You're all just racist against albinos D:
We could institute the Matryoshka metric, which would measure the different layers of materials surrounding a brain as a way to grade bodies and armour/defensive equipment.

So a flesh body has 1 MM because it's a brain surrounded by flesh.
A robobody has 1 MM because it's a brain surrounded by machines.
A synthflesh body has 2 MM because it's a brain surrounded by machines, surrounded by synthflesh.
An exoskeleton or MK3 gives +1 MM because it's another layer of machines.
A battlesuit or equivalent gives +2 MM because it's another layer of machines and armour.
A forcefield or a shield automanipulator or milnoplate gives +1 MM because it's another layer of armour.
An avatar has 4 MM because it's a brain surrounded by flesh surrounded by machines surrounded by synthflesh surrounded by armour.

Of course, there are exceptions that should be considered with that system, but I think it works well for most cases. And on it's own it's not very good because it doesn't account for weapons, only armour.

Wait wait, why would an enormous synthflesh robot tailor made for murder and death be considered equipment, but a robobody or flesh sac not? A brain is wearing those just as much! You're all just racist against albinos D:
sure but you would be placed in the heavy league with battle suits and robo bodies

I eat battlesuits for breakfast.
I'd like to see you try.
No, really, I do, I've been coming up with strategies to use against AoWs since I first got Gilgamesh. It'd be fun to try them out and see what works in real ER life conditions.
yah, that is how the leagues should be organized. I am building the pit IC right now.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18016 on: June 14, 2015, 09:34:52 am »

Just so you know... I know it's not sportsmanlike not to do in "in the flesh", but maybe we should actually use Duel for its intended purpose? I know it sounds crazy (heretical, even! no one dare try touch Duel to duel someone!) but using VR-world would make it far easier to customize the loadout of each particular participant. And that way we could do away with permadeaths in fights (outside the tourney is fair play, if the first attempt's noble tradition is to be honored!) and maybe even allow us Hephestians participate.

We could even have multiple fight categories - and I request that at least one would be the pure "fight club" type, with every participant given a very fleshy, very vanilla human body (regardless of their current condition, equipment, modifications, etc.).

((For those who wonder what I'm talking about, 'Duel' is actually a VR program, like 'Tinker' or 'Battle for Hexbarax'. Yes, it exists. It has been introduced alongside with Tinker, slightly after the beginning of ER. And it has never, ever been used to duel another character.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18017 on: June 14, 2015, 09:44:02 am »

Just so you know... I know it's not sportsmanlike not to do in "in the flesh", but maybe we should actually use Duel for its intended purpose? I know it sounds crazy (heretical, even! no one dare try touch Duel to duel someone!) but using VR-world would make it far easier to customize the loadout of each particular participant. And that way we could do away with permadeaths in fights (outside the tourney is fair play, if the first attempt's noble tradition is to be honored!) and maybe even allow us Hephestians participate.

We could even have multiple fight categories - and I request that at least one would be the pure "fight club" type, with every participant given a very fleshy, very vanilla human body (regardless of their current condition, equipment, modifications, etc.).

((For those who wonder what I'm talking about, 'Duel' is actually a VR program, like 'Tinker' or 'Battle for Hexbarax'. Yes, it exists. It has been introduced alongside with Tinker, slightly after the beginning of ER. And it has never, ever been used to duel another character.))
shhh....stop ruining my chances o f getting free loot and tokens!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18018 on: June 14, 2015, 10:32:37 am »

Well my character would avoid this too, being timid and squeamish around violence, not to mention not having any tokens to enter with, but me as a player likes this idea.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18019 on: June 14, 2015, 10:36:21 am »

Well my character would avoid this too, being timid and squeamish around violence, not to mention not having any tokens to enter with, but me as a player likes this idea.
you could just give a piece of equipment over, or any high explosives to my char. You would receive change in return
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18020 on: June 14, 2015, 10:37:40 am »

I'm good, I actually like my equiptment.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18021 on: June 14, 2015, 10:46:44 am »

I'm good, I actually like my equiptment.
Well the recruit level is open, in it you will fight other newbs, drunk monkyes with knives, and sods
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #18022 on: June 14, 2015, 11:15:07 am »

Miya has always problems. Guess there's a downside with AoWs.
Miya has always problems. Such is life in Avatars of Wars.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18023 on: June 14, 2015, 12:04:05 pm »

Miya has always problems. Guess there's a downside with AoWs.
Miya has always problems. Such is life in Avatars of Wars.

Aww, I'm all sad now. Guess I'll have to console myself with comfort food. Now where did Irony leave that flavor chart?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18024 on: June 14, 2015, 12:19:49 pm »

Aww, I'm all sad now. Guess I'll have to console myself with comfort food. Now where did Irony leave that flavor chart?

You could get an MMI or some other software/hardware thingamajig and obtain a robobody that you'd control on ship, kind of like Steve does with the synthflesh thing. You could have it go around and fight people, and if they don't like it you can tell them to take it up with you in person.

Of course, it'd have to be... radio controlled.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18025 on: June 14, 2015, 12:20:47 pm »

Quote from: piecewise on September 18, 2012, 12:41:41 am
Quote from: IronyOwl on September 17, 2012, 09:15:56 pm
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

CLEAR HEAD WITH GENUINELY ATTRACTIVE GUYS

UHHHH WHO IS ATTRACTIVE...UMMMM...Jim is a robot, Charro is jelly, Simus is probably already playing with Maurice's test tube, Ivan looks like a stag beetle crossed with Satan, Travis seems asexual, Chin is hung like a horse but you cut off his foot so he's probably mad at you...GOD DAMN IT! It's like picking the flavor of your cyanide pill!

You mean this chart?  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18026 on: June 15, 2015, 09:22:03 am »

Gasoline and explosives cost money, but you can get a ton of gasoline for one token, if you feel like spending it.

That said, you can get very high proof booze for free.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18027 on: June 15, 2015, 09:30:46 am »

Huh, gasoline was free last time I asked for it.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18028 on: June 15, 2015, 09:54:34 am »

Huh, gasoline was free last time I asked for it.
I just want to make a frickin pipe bomb!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18029 on: June 15, 2015, 11:02:38 am »

Wonder what would happen if Milno used his gauntlet to make a braincase, put a brain in there and then absorbed the braincase. Would the brain be eaten by the gauntlet too? We know the gauntlet can store simple organic compounds inside it since it could store rocket rifle rounds and those things have fuel in them. So would the brain be considered "ammo" for the braincase? EDIT: I guess he could try absorbing a fridge to test it with something simpler, like an apple. Plus, think of the advantages of being able to bring lunch for the entire team.

Also, since the gauntlet allows for remote control, Milno should be able to kill people with braincases with his mind if he gains full knowledge of them. Like using an amp but probably a bit harder.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:07:43 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 [1202] 1203 1204 ... 2205