Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1199 1200 [1201] 1202 1203 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491095 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18000 on: June 14, 2015, 08:32:08 am »

How about doing it this way: not a tournament, but a free-for-all. Anyone can enter, but they enter without any equipment. Entry fee is a single token, and last individual standing takes all. The arena is the Panic Room, which gets sealed upon the start of the fight, with the happenings within being observed via cameras and recorded. In the middle of the room a pile of random sharp objects is placed for use in the fight.

Anyone can enter?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18001 on: June 14, 2015, 08:37:45 am »

And then everybody dies?

Yes, and then everybody dies. Or, if we're lucky, everybody but one.

Anyone can enter?

I'd suppose synthflesh people would need to downgrade to a robobody. But other than that, yes, anyone can enter as long as they do so without any equipment on them. So if you'd like to enter with your legless body severed from the avatar, you're welcome to do so!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18002 on: June 14, 2015, 08:38:01 am »

How about doing it this way: not a tournament, but a free-for-all. Anyone can enter, but they enter without any equipment. Entry fee is a single token, and last individual standing takes all. The arena is the Panic Room, which gets sealed upon the start of the fight, with the happenings within being observed via cameras and recorded. In the middle of the room a pile of random sharp objects is placed for use in the fight.

Anyone can enter?
But without any equipment. Miya might have some problems entering.

And ninja'd.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18003 on: June 14, 2015, 08:40:23 am »

Miya has always problems. Guess there's a downside with AoWs.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #18004 on: June 14, 2015, 08:44:44 am »

I haven't followed the idea of this Fight Club of yours, but it would probably be reasonable to establish two leagues - Junior League, for those who served 0 to 3 missions, and Senior League, 4 and more missions. To lessen the slaughtering of newly spawned by elder members with significantly higher stats.

Also, are bets accepted?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:46:58 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18005 on: June 14, 2015, 08:46:19 am »

here anyone can enter, it will be a fist fight. You can make bets, I will take a small dividend out of the bet for myself (5 tokens).
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18006 on: June 14, 2015, 08:53:48 am »

Wait wait, why would an enormous synthflesh robot tailor made for murder and death be considered equipment, but a robobody or flesh sac not? A brain is wearing those just as much! You're all just racist against albinos D:

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18007 on: June 14, 2015, 08:55:31 am »

Wait wait, why would an enormous synthflesh robot tailor made for murder and death be considered equipment, but a robobody or flesh sac not? A brain is wearing those just as much! You're all just racist against albinos D:
sure but you would be placed in the heavy league with battle suits and robo bodies
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18008 on: June 14, 2015, 08:56:22 am »

Anyone can enter?
Anyone. But, just so you know, the Avatar of War is equipment, too.  :P

Everything on the Armory's list is equipment. Synth-flesh is equipment, amps are equipment, drugs and food are equipment. Basic robot prosthetics are not on the list, by the way, so they are not equipment and are permitted - so synthflesh people can switch out to those if they wish to participate. Custom "free" robot prosthetics' like Lyra's... well, I'd say those are equipment too (at least, other, more powerful Doc's robo-creations certainly are equipment), but maybe in fringe cases this could be worked around (see below for genemods); not that I really expect Lyra to participate, I think she's a bit avert to that sort of violence.

Though it goes a bit against the spirit of this, to forego having to cut out the amps we could merely form a gentlemanly agreement not to use any (and the one who uses is automatically disqualified and, more importantly, considered to be dishonored for they let down the rarest commodity around here - 'Corps trust). Braincases can slide out more easily, so it should not matter.

The real problem begins with genemods, but since those cannot be helped, I can see two solutions: first, if anyone is clearly overpowered compared to others (think Xan the Xan entering such tournament), they are politely refused the right of participation; second, if those genemods are not that powerful at all (like the Fibroblast therapy, or the old-style whatchamacallit-slightly-enhanced-regeneration), it is only fare to let the people fight against basic robots who already have an edge before meatlings. Or, of course, we could say "Nay" to all genemods and insist for robo-people to ride in civilian-model robotic platforms; you know, the ones that bleed, simulate pain, etc. That'd actually be pretty cool too.  ;)

Aaand I think I was really, really ninja'd. But hey, I think I made a convincing point why synthflesh is equipment, but meatflesh and roboflesh (basic) is not!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18009 on: June 14, 2015, 08:56:39 am »

sure but you would be placed in the heavy league with battle suits and robo bodies

I eat battlesuits for breakfast.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18010 on: June 14, 2015, 08:59:46 am »

Anyone can enter?
Anyone. But, just so you know, the Avatar of War is equipment, too.  :P

Everything on the Armory's list is equipment. Synth-flesh is equipment, amps are equipment, drugs and food are equipment. Basic robot prosthetics are not on the list, by the way, so they are not equipment and are permitted - so synthflesh people can switch out to those if they wish to participate. Custom "free" robot prosthetics' like Lyra's... well, I'd say those are equipment too (at least, other, more powerful Doc's robo-creations certainly are equipment), but maybe in fringe cases this could be worked around (see below for genemods); not that I really expect Lyra to participate, I think she's a bit avert to that sort of violence.

Though it goes a bit against the spirit of this, to forego having to cut out the amps we could merely form a gentlemanly agreement not to use any (and the one who uses is automatically disqualified and, more importantly, considered to be dishonored for they let down the rarest commodity around here - 'Corps trust). Braincases can slide out more easily, so it should not matter.

The real problem begins with genemods, but since those cannot be helped, I can see two solutions: first, if anyone is clearly overpowered compared to others (think Xan the Xan entering such tournament), they are politely refused the right of participation; second, if those genemods are not that powerful at all (like the Fibroblast therapy, or the old-style whatchamacallit-slightly-enhanced-regeneration), it is only fare to let the people fight against basic robots who already have an edge before meatlings. Or, of course, we could say "Nay" to all genemods and insist for robo-people to ride in civilian-model robotic platforms; you know, the ones that bleed, simulate pain, etc. That'd actually be pretty cool too.  ;)

Aaand I think I was really, really ninja'd. But hey, I think I made a convincing point why synthflesh is equipment, but meatflesh and roboflesh (basic) is not!
I thin kthat sounds fair. I do say that we should have different leagues,
heavy- synthflesh, robot, battle suits
normal-  normal people
recruit- recruits, drunk monkeys with knives, sods armed with drunk monkeys.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18011 on: June 14, 2015, 09:00:40 am »

I recall the bear-trap jaw of doom has been surgically removed already, General?

Awww, now I've imagined in-universe "ARM Cornflakes": shaped like old-style (UWM!) battlesuits, with General Miyamoto's mighty chin (prior to that surgery) on the box: "Yarr, I am the leader of ARM, and I eat battlesuits for breakfast! And now you too can, kids! Eat 'ARM Cornflakes' today, join the revolution tomorrow!"
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:06:31 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18012 on: June 14, 2015, 09:06:16 am »

Lyra would avoid such an event like the plague.
Lenglon is mildly interested, but then recalls that this is ER and PW is the GM, and rapidly becomes highly disinterested again.

seems Lyra's instincts are better than mine. *shrugs*
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18013 on: June 14, 2015, 09:07:53 am »

This with rocket bikes and kinamps
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18014 on: June 14, 2015, 09:15:59 am »

We could institute the Matryoshka metric, which would measure the different layers of materials surrounding a brain as a way to grade bodies and armour/defensive equipment.

So a flesh body has 1 MM because it's a brain surrounded by flesh.
A robobody has 1 MM because it's a brain surrounded by machines.
A synthflesh body has 2 MM because it's a brain surrounded by machines, surrounded by synthflesh.
An exoskeleton or MK3 gives +1 MM because it's another layer of machines.
A battlesuit or equivalent gives +2 MM because it's another layer of machines and armour.
A forcefield or a shield automanipulator or milnoplate gives +1 MM because it's another layer of armour.
An avatar has 4 MM because it's a brain surrounded by flesh surrounded by machines surrounded by synthflesh surrounded by armour.

Of course, there are exceptions that should be considered with that system, but I think it works well for most cases. And on it's own it's not very good because it doesn't account for weapons, only armour.

I'd like to see you try.
No, really, I do, I've been coming up with strategies to use against AoWs since I first got Gilgamesh. It'd be fun to try them out and see what works in real ER life conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 1199 1200 [1201] 1202 1203 ... 2205