Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489058 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17940 on: June 11, 2015, 08:44:44 pm »

PW brought it up, don't blame me XD

The ship rises slowly into the upper atmosphere. At this point you could call for some of the other ships to come to you and provide cover, but you're not sure that would be a good idea. Them all moving over here would draw attention to you, and you really don't have the speed to keep up with them. At best you'd form one giant slow ass convoy. Question is: Is the cover they'd give you enough to counter act the attention they'd bring?

Choice is up to you.

The shuttles we're talking about are the ones we loaded up with bombs to make a nice big nuclear distraction. The plan was to come down as a cluster of shuttles (I don't remember how many), some empty, some loaded with nukes, and some loaded with rescue teams, split up for our destinations, and then recluster all the shuttles and return to orbit after all was said and done.
Our shuttle has reached the point where we would have reclustered. We're 'early' (or they're late :D), but we don't want to stick around. So we're deciding how we want to move on at this stage.

(it also turns out that when you have SSTO capable shuttles, distance is pretty irrelevant, especially if your rendezvousing in the upper atmosphere :P)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17941 on: June 12, 2015, 12:35:42 am »

Invert vertical thrust, drop 50-100 feet, return to normal vertical thrust, hit the afterburners.

Aldo is anyom interested in buying some organic limbs to replace the ones that they "misplaced"?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17942 on: June 12, 2015, 10:53:58 am »

You snap the thing up in one of the containers and get a good look at it. It appears to be one of the bugs that lived in Mesk.
Give it some flesh. Send it to Hephaestus. Give it a sod-like training program (but better, since he's human). Give it kinamps and sandwiches. Enjoy batallion of immortal kickboxer medics for our army.

Alternatively, grow a new Mesk and install an amp to him to make up for the lack of memories/stats/skills. The Doc said something interesting would happen if the two are combined. Don't know if it's interesting good or interesting bad grate. But it would be fun to find out.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:55:31 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17943 on: June 12, 2015, 10:54:49 am »

Yeah, reverse engineering those bots could pay good dividends. Though maybe sharkmist could do the same, but better?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17944 on: June 12, 2015, 11:00:27 am »

That depends on what you mean by better. The bots are much easier to reverse engineer (assuming no DRM) and much less likely to cause grey goo due to random mutation. On the other hand, they're less versatile, less durable and rely on fleshy humans. Could combine Milno with Mesk to get the best of both worlds. But again, that takes time.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17945 on: June 12, 2015, 11:46:13 am »

The trouble is, there actually is DRM. Explicitly so. It was mentioned right in the initial start-up sequence, I think (or in the "user's manual" Mesk read right before that).

But still probably much easier than working with Sharkmist-flesh-hybridisation; that stuff is dangerous and difficult. Not that I'm not planning to play with it anyway, but for the purposes of fast regeneration those med-bugs are an easier and more efficient approach, I'd say.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17946 on: June 12, 2015, 12:26:43 pm »

If only we had a large supply of super soldiers that used the same DNA sequence that could benefit from mass regeneration.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17947 on: June 12, 2015, 12:39:35 pm »

If only we had a large supply of super soldiers that used the same DNA sequence that could benefit from mass regeneration.

What a great and novel idea!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17948 on: June 12, 2015, 12:42:42 pm »

Cannibal sods would be fun. Give them giant teeth and claws and make a horror film.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17949 on: June 12, 2015, 12:48:36 pm »

I kinda want to just get back to the ship and get paid now, but I also want to look for the HEP Pyramid. What should I do?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17950 on: June 12, 2015, 12:50:29 pm »

Loot loot loot. Also I think you might be forgetting Xan? Not that that's a bad thing.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17951 on: June 12, 2015, 12:52:05 pm »

Cannibal sods would be fun. Give them giant teeth and claws and make a horror film.
have a couple escape and it would be a "fun" ship event. heh heheh
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17952 on: June 12, 2015, 01:06:10 pm »

As long as you have gotten most everyone, I'd say try and find some loot
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17953 on: June 12, 2015, 01:17:16 pm »

I feel like you just want to see me try and fail horribly to draw attention away from how poorly your looting went.  :P
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17954 on: June 12, 2015, 01:24:17 pm »

save some for me!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 2205